Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Ski weekend suggestions please

Poster: A snowHead
Next week JohnQ will have done 30 years at our company, and I have persuaded the finance office that a watch is unneccessary, and that a slightly extended weekend skiing would be far more memorable.

I'd quite like it to be an up market 'package' rather than a DIY, close to an airport obviously. Sort of end of January time of year.

Any suggestions for companies/resorts gratefully received, especially ones tried and tested by snowHeads.
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
RachelQ, that must ne a heck of a company to stay there so long! Well done, I think...?

Megeve springs immediately to mind. never been there but it does have an upmarket reputation.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Yes well done Mr Q.

Sounds like a great idea, I knoe I'd much rather be sliding in the snow than looking at a watch!!!
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
David Murdoch, yes it is Smile I've been there over 25 years, we're both directors. Megeve is lovely, I was there ages ago. I want to go to Zermatt, but don't know anything about it except I've heard people say it's one place you must ski before you die.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Quote:

I've heard people say it's one place you must ski before you die.
Cant be very nice with all those very ill people having one last run, think I'll give it a miss.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Frosty the Snowman, Laughing Laughing Laughing
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
RachelQ,

Zermatt is a 3.5 hr transfer from Geneva, so quite a long time for a weekend. Verbier is only just over 2 hrs and has some pretty posh places. Availability shouldn't be too bad for that time of year.

DGO will be along in a minute with some other swiss german recommendations wink
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Probably not practicle for you, but Wengen is nice, flights from Southampton to Berne airport on a Friday morning return Monday afternoon with FlyBe, pay for a taxi from the airport to Lauterbrunnen (50mins) and save an hours journey time each way, beautiful scenery, usually pretty good snow at that time of year and not too crowded as it's before the school hols, for upmarket ambiance I'd suggest the Hotel Regina or the Sunstar both in the center of the village
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
D G Orf, Are there flights from anywhere else in the UK to Berne ?
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Quote:

DGO will be along in a minute

I didn't expect to be that accurate!
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
If you can get flights to Sion, I believe that the transfer to Zermatt is only about an hour to an hour and a half.
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Try Ski Verbier. They take themselves quite seriously and can do weekends in their hotel. You get driven round the resort and all sorts of nonsense...

Verbier is an easy transfer from Geneva, and I'm biased because I live there. Not linked to Ski Verbier, although I did go to the same school as their resort manager... I'm guessing but they look like a well run company and certainly at the right end of the scale.

You could have dinner in the Michelin stared Rose Alp and enjoy a drink at the infamous Farm Club...
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
I think Air Swiss fly to Sion from the end of January, this wil reduce the transfer time quite a bit. You fly out of London City too, Limo to the airport etc wink
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
We did a company ski weekend in Courmayeur, that was great. Fab pistes, great dining etc, and now the tunnel is open again an easy transfer from geneva rather than the long trek we made from Turin (I think, may have been Milan)
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
RachelQ, you could try Descent International, seriously expensive and they do corporate events, I guess your trip could qualify. Some friends of mine had them arrange a helicopter from Lyons airport direct to the 3Vs as part of their trip.
ski holidays
Frosty the Snowman, yes there are, lots in fact have a look here for something I posted previously
snow conditions
what about Mark Warner to here? They've just bought the 4* Hotel Berengere. I should imagine they do weekends, and transfers from eith Grenoble or chambery and quick. Lyon is still only about 2 - 2½ hours. Very Happy
ski holidays
RachelQ, These people now do fly weekends http://www.skiweekends.com/flight.aspx They go to Chamonix, La Tania and Brides Les Bains.

I have stayed at Brides and it was certainly nice enough but I wouldn't call it up-market, so it may not be suitable for you - though they are a very flexible company and so if you asked for them to book you one of the nicest hotels in the resort, I expect that they would.
snow conditions
Thank you all for your suggestions. David@traxvax, have you seen their prices Shocked we don't want to bankrupt the company!

easiski, the hotel looks lovely, but Mark Warner won't do anything but full weeks. I did suggest it was a reasonably quiet time of year, but they said they would only know 2 weeks before, and I need to book something now.

I'm looking at Engelberg in Switzerland with Finlays, but can't get hold of them over the weekend. There is the Titliss glacier there, so looks good if the snow isn't special.
latest report
RachelQ, I have seen people recommend these people in the past http://www.flexiblebreaks.com/ not used them personally though.
latest report
RachelQ, I presume that Engelberg will be totally fine by Jan....but double check before you book (they suffered very badly during the floods in the summer)
snow report
RachelQ, Just a slightly off beat suggestion, the BioHotel Stanglewirt is a stonking hotel near what appears to be a pretty reasonable system and 15 mins from Kitzbuhel. It's a 2 hour drive from Munich airport.

I stayed there for a summer conference so I can't talk directly about the skiing but the hotel is worth visiting in its own right. The area si stunningly beautiful.

I believe Michael Schumacher had his wedding reception there...a "sportstudio" is about £100 a night. There are of course more expensive options!

And one thing the Austrians do well is hospitality!
latest report
RachelQ, Shame - how short-sighted of them! Especially with a much bigger hotel to fill! Another suggestion would be the Alpensport Hotel Mutterberg right at the bottom of the Stubai Glacier. Very nice hotel - indoor swimming pool - proper drying room - huge rooms etc. Very Austrian, heavy dark wood everywhere etc. Decent ski-ing guaranteed and about 1 hour's drive from Innsbruck airport. www.mutterberg.at but it's in german. snowHead
snow report
RachelQ wrote:
Next week JohnQ will have done 30 years at our company, and I have persuaded the finance office that a watch is unneccessary, and that a slightly extended weekend skiing would be far more memorable.

I'd quite like it to be an up market 'package' rather than a DIY, close to an airport obviously. Sort of end of January time of year.

Any suggestions for companies/resorts gratefully received, especially ones tried and tested by snowHeads.

Tignes at this time of year.

I'm off for a weekend on friday, back monday. flights to geneva reurn are circa £75 when booked today, and i am getting a lift from there.

I am sure that someone here on snowheads can be convinced to dirve and do a personalised service for you!

I actually have 42 spare seats on the coach that is meeting me at the airport (long story, don;t ask), and could get someone over.................
snow report
RachelQ,

Engelberg is a 2 hr plus train ride from Basel with a change at Lucern and ditto from Zurich although the airport/train connection is much simpler. Heed Stantons warning about the road/train being washed away for access to the valley..!!
snow conditions
Hi RachelQ

Just seen your post - hope we are not too late on this one.

We are in La Clusaz, just over an hour from Geneva. We cater for corporate groups or groups of team members/colleagues on our team building breaks and also have a ready made 'snow challenge' package if you are interested in something a bit different.
We usually do a Thursday night - Monday night weekend break, which means 4 days skiing! Or could do a Fri to Mon if it works better for you.
We can arrange passess, lessons, book restaurants in advance - whatever you need. And more importantly have space from the 26-30th January. You can also book the whole chalet on an 'exclusive use' basis, for convienance and privacy.
Our prices include, transfers, breakfasts, evening meals, delicious afternoon cakes and accomodation, and we can help you out with flight details too (easyjet currently £114 rtn). Our hosts will gladly show you around the resort and slopes too.

Visit www.gravite.co.uk/corporate for more details and prices or contact us direct via this forum.

Hope to see you in La Clusaz soon - gravité
snow conditions
Booked snowHead A long weekend in Engelberg with White Roc (very efficient). Very early flight to Zurich on Friday 20th Jan and back late on Tuesday 24th gives us 5 days skiing (includes my birthday on 23rd!).

Thank you all for your help and suggestions. With typical Swiss efficiency, the flood damage has all been mended.

If anyone knows Engelberg, I'd love to know more about it.
latest report
RachelQ, Cool! Enjoy! and can we have a trip report afterwards too please?
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
RachelQ, well done, beats a gold watch.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy