Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Help I Have Plantar Fasciitis

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I’ve had this for about 8 months, but at first it was only when I got out of bed in the morning. I would walk to the toilet with a lot of heel pain but it soon went as I walked around. In the last 3 months I’m always in some degree of pain, if I have to be on my feet all day by the end of the day I’m in agony. The doctor gave me some pill and some exercises to do but they don’t seem to help. Sad

Has anybody had this and can give me some tips Puzzled
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I had this although not as severely as it sounds as you. Mine presented as intense pain in the instep rather than the heel.
I treated mine with ibuprofen and by always wearing footwear which was well structured in the arch of the foot. Took about 3 months to clear up, but I still tend to wear structured shoes, and still get the occasional twinge. Getting a proper footbed moulded may help.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Theres a thread on it here
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
IME plantar fasciitis is the stress point that gives way when the problem is probably higher up the leg.

Actions:
Don't walk barefoot or wear soft shoes or trainers
Put quality hard footbeds in all your footwear - I use Superfeet. (I've used Superfeet in everything I wear for at least a decade. The PF came on when I stopped using them in my main casual pair of shoes that I was walking around in barefoot because it was very hot - summer in Dubai.)
Deep ice massage/superfreezing of the heel at least every day, preferably several times a day (clears the scar tissue and repairs the tendon)
Take Reparil if you can find it
Hamstring/Calf ITB/Achilles stretches - I found somatics methods to work especially well for me (hamstring)

Doing all these things cleared my PF in about 6 weeks. Has never come back.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Richard_Sideways, Thanks for the link

Raceplate, What is a deep ice massage/superfreezing Puzzled
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Glen Charman, http://www.tendonitisexpert.com/how-to-reduce-inflammation.html
I didn't buy his DVDs but his explanations make sense and ice massage/super icing fixed both my PF and my golfer's elbow. He's absolutely right about dehydration being a contributor too. I've had a lot of tendon injuries over the last few years (it's an age thing primarily, they become a lot less flexible from about 30 onwards and I'm over 40) but they've also always been in environments where I was probably dehydrated.
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Ive also got it (busy trying to get rid of it).

Something my osteo said to me is not to rely on arch support full time unless you have completely flattened arches. Your foot SHOULD be able to work without the support (after all, its designed to do so) and its good to have the support while getting rid of the inflamation, after a while you should wean yourself off them.
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Glen Charman, I've had it, go and see CEM - he can sort it for you
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
I had plantar fasciitis for a very long time in both feet. I have tried many treatments and found that some didn't work at all. There are many treatments for plantar fasciitis and (as in both these threads) everyone will tell you that something else helped him. There are many treatment reviews in the internet. I have found a good one here: http://www.plantar-fasciitis-elrofeet.com/How_is_Plantar_Fasciitis_Treated.html
The best treatment for me was taping.
Listen to your pain pattern to decide which treatment is the best for you. If you have less pain after a treatment so it is good.
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Rolling a Tennis Ball or similar squashy ball under the affected foot, whenever/wherever finally stretched out and calmed the area for me.
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Thanks for all the replies
Just an update since I posted this
I found the thing that helps the most is shoes and foot beds. I use to walk around the house in just my sock, but now I put my old ski boot foot beds in my slippers or shoes and that helps a lot. I’m also using ice and a tennis ball which seem to help. If anyone’s interested I’ll post an update in about 3 week with the progress
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Glen Charman, make sure you wear those shoes with the footbed even if you get up at 3am to go to the toilet, as you sleep/rest the foot the PF starts to heal, the reason it hurts so bad first few steps is that you micro tear it again, if you support the foot the whole time it doesnt re tear and gets a chance to heal properly.... morning time make sure you wear the shoes/insoles and walk around for 15-20 mins then take your shoes off so you can have a shower (rather than the usual get up go straight in the shower routine that many perople have)... give the muscles time to warm up before you take the support away, ice, stretch (LOTS!!) and massage all help too as can taping with Kinesiology tape, (Rock tape/K tape) this takes a little practice but helps a lot too
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Glen Charman, my own thread is here http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?t=82847#1910189 it took me a year to get over it. FWIW I put a lot of my cure to living in my Nike running shoes and superfeet green just as CEM, recommends.
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
I had plantar fasciitis a few years ago after I had my kids and put on a lot of weight. I was referred to biomechanics who fitted my shoes with an insert. I wore my trainers with the inserts everywhere. Even if I got a bath I would walk to the bath in trainers then get in the bath and go on my knees. I would never let my bare foot walk on the floor. It cleared up after about a year and I put this down to losing weight and the arch supports. However about two years later I noticed my feet would burn if I walked in anything but a flattish shoe. Even wearing a one inch heel and walking for half an hour results in steering burning in the soles of my feet. Even now when I go skiing I get like pins and needles in them, my right worse than my left for some reason and then after the pins and needles comes the burn and I have to whip my boots off. Doctor referred me to podiatrist in case it was the return of the plantar fasciitis but they told me that biomechanically there was nothing wrong with my feet. My doctor said I had "burning feet syndrome" but I still don't think it is this. I know that the heavier I am, the worse it is and as long as I wear flat supported shoes I'm fine, but anything that restricts my foot like a ski boot results in burning feet. Anyway, I seemed to go off on a tangents there but the outlook is good and ou can recover from plantar fasciitis.
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
polo99, how flexible are your calves? what is classified as (acceptable ) normal is not enough flexibility for skiing and for many other things, try some straight and bent leg car stretches, it will help with your pain in ski boots and help reduce any possible recurrence of the plantar fasciitis
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy