Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

New lifts in La Tania and Courchevel

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Shamelessly linked from latania.co.uk, information on a new 6 man chair in the La Tania area and other parts of the 3V

http://www.latania.co.uk/photos/2013Summer/lifts/pistemapnewlifts.html

The time-scales on some of this are difficult to work out but seem some good stuff. Not sure about taking out the Col de Loze lift, yes it's probably quicker to do Dou Lanches but not if you want a rest. Also like the idea of replacing the Loze chair out of Meribel to La Tania as it's tediously slow, a faster lift makes it easier to yo-yo the runs there. Might have to go back to the 3V next year (again).
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
already booked again for La tania.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Great, have been waiting for them to update the new lifts section 2014 for a while, now off to read it Wink
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
And by moving the top of the Foret bubble down and right they have now screwed up access to a lot of the best storm-day skiing. Oh well, that's progress I suppose...
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
offpisteskiing wrote:
And by moving the top of the Foret bubble down and right they have now screwed up access to a lot of the best storm-day skiing. Oh well, that's progress I suppose...

That was one of the comments on the la tania site, but won't a modern chair be less wind prone to a 30+ year old bubble? I seem to recall when the new Roseal (sp) chair was put in it was descirbed as being able to cope with the wind better. Or is the access points to the piste for you?
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Just loved the advert link at the top of the link page for 'stair' lifts and calling them 'chair' lifts.

If I can get a high-speed 4 -seater with cover going up my stairs at home the whole family will be ecstatic! Wonder if I'll have to employ a couple of lifties?

Actually, I wonder how much business does an advert for stair lifts generate when placed on a web site for a ski resort and on the new lift news page?
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Mr Marmot, Very Happy That's what happens when you outsource your marketing budget....
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
I see the logic in replacing the foret gondola - it was past it's day. But I don't get the logic moving the arrival station of the replacement 6 seater chair down and to the right.

From the top of the old foret gondola you used to be able to take the red down to both 1850 and 1650, or Arolles down to La Tania. The new arrival station of the foret chair means you can now only go down to La Tania, or get dou du lanches up. Seems non-sensical as they have reduced the options, and limited the way across if they don't open the top area and dou du lanches is shut.

I wonder why they didn't run the new foret chair up the old gondola route terminating in the same place at the top of Arolles or better still extending it to cover what used to be Cretes. Cash I suppose ?
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Gazzza, I wonder exactly the same. Moving the top station limits the options a lot. Forces you literally to take another chair straight after. The previous top station location seems way better.
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Gazzza, Tom W, I think the idea is to drive traffic to the new Bouc Blanc chair which terminates at a place with far more options. It should also be relatively sheltered. Wouldn't mind betting that Bouc Blanc will be running when Dou Des Lanches and other exposed lifts are shut due to bad weather, thus allowing LT residents to get out which is a struggle at the moment when the wind comes in. Much like Plantrey is usually the first/only link lift to be open in bad weather now. If Bouc Blanc does run in bad weather you'll still have all the same options that Foret gave you plus some easier routes too.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy