Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

munich airport and easyjet

Poster: A snowHead
just wondering as this coming winter will be my first time flying into munich airport, what are folks experiences with getting off the plane, getting your bag back and getting to the airport train station.......

my easy jet flight lands at 13:40 and my ideal train journey would start 14.45 at the airport...whats the chances of making that train?
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
50/50 but the airport train to Munich is regular, so its your next connection that is important.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
next connection is at munich ost at 15.40......so taking the s8 line says the journey is 30+ mins and i cant seen to find the timetable for the s8 line everything is coming up with the s1 to munich hbf
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Do not take the S1 as it goes the wrong way round for you. The S8 goes from the airport directly to the Ostbahnhof in about 30minutes. Take a look here for details:

http://efa.mvv-muenchen.de/mvv/XSLT_TRIP_REQUEST2?language=en this is the MVG timetable and planner.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
The timetable for the S8 (and the S1) is here http://www.s-bahn-muenchen.de/s_muenchen/view/mdb/s_muenchen/fahrplan/pocket_2013/mdb_97950_pocket_s1_s8_378x194.pdf
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
I took the train from Munich airport pretty regularly whilst at uni, cheapest way to get to Austria was often flying into Munich. Unless you flight is delayed, that is very easy to make. If you have skis you may have to wait an extra 5-10 minutes once in a while for the oversize baggage to come through, but normal baggage is generally through in 10 mins or so. From there, the walk to the station in the airport is just a few minutes.

Where do you need to get to on the train? There should be pretty regular connections to most places until 8pmish, I'd have thought, even if you have to chill at the airport for an extra hour.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
I can get the train to the hof roughly every 90 mins up until 8ish but the problem is that that unless i make the 15.40 out of munich ost, which is the direct to jenbach then i will have to make 5 changes and is just a pain in the rear, hence aiming for the 15.40
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
looks like the next train on the s8 line after the 14.44 is the 15.04 which doesnt get in to OST until 15.37 so too late to make the connection.....ah well here hoping i can make it off the plane and onto the train on time
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
enduroaid, I was looking at this recently for someone else which is why I have it in my head - Four Seasons Travel https://www.tirol-taxi.at/index.php do a one way transfer from Munich Airport to Mayrhofen for €49. On the German rail website a one way train ticket is €45.50. I know if I were you, I'd be booking the transfer so I didn't have the worry of missing the train.
Saying that though, it looks like there is a train leaving the airport at 16.44, two changes at Munich East and Jenbach, arriving in Mayrhofen at 20.37. So, there is plenty of time to make that one.
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
enduroaid, where are you looking? I'm coming up with several options leaving the airport between 3:30 and 6pm to Jenbach with no more than 3 changes (presumably it's a direct train from there to Mayrhofen?). Timetable only works until the 14 December though: http://fahrplan.oebb.at/bin/query.exe/en?ld=5&seqnr=6&ident=8s.032724166.1374855664&REQ0HafasScrollDir=2

However, it seems the last train you'd want (unless you fancy overnighting at a train station) leaves Munich Airport at 16:44, with only two changes to get to Mayrhofen: http://fahrplan.oebb.at/bin/query.exe/en?ld=5&seqnr=1&ident=c1.015926166.1374856133&HWAI=JS!ajax=yes!&REQ0HafasScrollDir=2 I suspect there'll be more options when thy put the winter timetables up though?
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Not sure where the 5 changes comes from. 3-4 I could believe. If you miss that one, then it's 2 hours until the next direct service.
Of course that's probably based on the current summer timetable, and assuming it continues unchanged this coming winter (which is a pretty good assumption). Think it's October time that the December timetable comes out?
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
sorry 5 changes was a mistake, works out as a total of 4 changes if you dont get the express train, We are planning on doing the standard saturday to saturday holiday but we are not actually flying back out of munich until the sunday night to allow us the change to spend the night in munich so i was reluctant to book something like 4 seasons as on my way back im not looking to go to the airport but the city centre, might try half and half...transfer there and train back
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
I would have thought you'd make the train OK anyway. The landing times posted by Easyjet are pessimistic so that they can always be early and say they have the most planes early or on time of any airline. Usually you arrive a few minutes before. They also have one of the best records for not losing luggage, by the way. Perhaps because so many people only take cabin luggage.
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
enduroaid, the easyjet flight comes into Terminal 1; the bags are usually there by the time you get to passport control (in fact always the 3 or 4 times I've done it) - the flight arrives pretty much next to the entrance for passport control.
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
I fly in and out of Munich with Easyjet a lot, generally the bags are pretty quick but not always and I have had to wait ages sometimes, especially for skis or bikes. I have found though when getting the train to Austria although there may be a few changes timetabled you are usually just crossing the platform, so platform 1 to 2 which is about 3 metres. I would hope you get the train but don't stress if you have to make more changes, I think the DB website even tells you which platforms you have to use.
ski holidays
I've only ever flown into Munich with Lufthansa. For such a large airport, it's a great example of German efficiency. I've never had to wait long for anything.
latest report
Have flown EJ into Munich twice from Edinburgh. On each occasion flights were bang on time, quick to get checked in and to get luggage. Could not fault it at all.
latest report
There are going to be big changes with the timetable for the winter season next year on the local trains Munich - Rosenheim - Kufstein. BOB will be operating them rather than DB. They don't have the new timetable listed yet but have website at http://www.der-meridian.de/

Rather than the current change at Rosenheim (and Kufstein every other train) there is going to be a direct Munich Hbf - Kufstein Train

This won't affect the two hourly Munich - Rosenheim - Woergl Hbf - Jenbach -Innsbruck - Italy EuroCity services.

Definitely worth checking the new timetables when they come out.
snow report
ajw, the DB winter timetables are published in the Autumn and the MVG timetables are usually revised with all changes implemented on or around the Sunday nearest 13th December each year. Tickets can be booked and paid for online as well as printed out with all the changes required along with the platform details.

There are enough of us here locally, plus the DB/ÖBB pages in English, for the OP to get the upp to date information required in plenty of time. Currently they are only asking if it is doable based on people's experience of using Sleazey Jet to Munich.
ski holidays
That'll teach me to try and read & answer questions while doing something else at the same time!
Embarassed
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy