Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Staying in Motorhome in Courcheval - transfers from airport and accessing slopes

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi. Well, its been 6 months but Ive given in and posted about next season!

We have the opportunity to stay in Courcheval next year (for a weeks skiing) in a friends motorhome. The motorhome will already be based at a campsite just outside Courcheval (dont know exact details but owner said its only a short bus journey to the slopes). Its a V large expensive motorhome so loads of space for skis, nice big shower etc and would suit our self catering requirements (not eating out every night in 1850!!!)

Ive checked prices and can get flights for around £150 return each (manchester to chambrey), so it has the possibility of being a nice cheap holiday to an expensive but (looks) nice resort. I think it would suit our cruisy requirements
My main worry is as we are flying without a tour operator, we will have to find our own way to and from the resort/campsite from the airport. Has anyone sorted their own way from airpor before. If so, which airport did you fly to and how did you get to resort. Which would be the best airport to fly to?

Any other advice would be great. Part of me wants to go through tour op (for ease and security of not missing flight through delayed trains etc) but this could be a v good deal
thanks again
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Jon Ford, there will be loads of transfers I should imagine.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Jon Ford, as Hells Bells says there is plenty of choice but be prepared for none of the options being cheap. Could cost you £100 each. If there are 4 of you a hired car would probably be cheapest way.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
and plenty of cruising in Courchevel (note spelling.... wink )
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Jon Ford wrote:
Has anyone sorted their own way from airport before.

Don't think anyone has ever done that before...

But you could try googling Airport transfer Courchevel...
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Jon Ford, I'd fly to Geneva or Grenoble, maybe Lyon if it's a lot cheaper. Get no obligation quotes from local companies on www.findtransfers.com to give you an idea of prices. A few companies also offer shared transfers.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Thanks for replies. Ive googled a few and return cars are coming in at 500euros total. Bit xpensive. Was hoping there was a train into the resort. Will speak to motorhome owner and see what they plan to do. Thanks again
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Jon Ford wrote:
Thanks for replies. Ive googled a few and return cars are coming in at 500euros total. Bit xpensive. Was hoping there was a train into the resort. Will speak to motorhome owner and see what they plan to do. Thanks again

Try carhire3000. You should get something reasonable for around £200.00 STG. We usually fly to GVA and pick up a car on the French side. It is cheaper to keep it for a week than to hire for a day, have it collected, then delivered back for a days hire at the end of the week. Anyone know what parking is like in Courcheval. You have to pay for parking in VT.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Hey Jon just a quick reply. You know we are going to la tania in January. Medium sized car hire for us was coming in at £200 (we are flying into Lyon) edil to Lyon for four of us is only £325. Transfer company was coming in at around £500-£600 for the four of us. In terms of resort suitability I think it will suit both our needs fine this time lol I put a search on travel supermarket.com for the cheapest car hire. You don't say when you are planning on going but would flights from Liverpool to Genova not be cheaper?
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Thanks polo99, Thornyhill, was kind of hoping there would be train or buses straight to resort. Dont fancy driving in proper snow and hate having to pay 300euros return for car transfer. It pushes the holiday to TO prices. Will have to look into further and maybe pursuade motorhome owner to go to bourg sm for les arcs skiing. Blush
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Jon Ford, There are trains to Moutiers and buses from there to Courchevel.
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Jon Ford, if cost is a big issue (as it is for most of us) you could look at one of the smaller and much cheaper resorts. Accommodation is often not a major part of the holiday cost - so although it's nice to be offered free use of a motorhome, it does restrict your flexibility.

By the way, will you be expected to meet the site costs?

What dates are you looking at? Makes a big difference.
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Jon Ford, try altibus.com for buses up to resort. As I said before quite a few companies offer shared transfers but it is a bit more last minute!
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy