Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

how do i get a job.... anywhere!!

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
i am 20 and I have worked at Lake Louise ski area in alberta last season.
I missed the visa placing for this years season in Canada and I am waiting on wether i can get a sponsorship visa from Lake Louise. I do not find out until mid october wether i have been accepted.
I am already CASI level 2 qualified snowboard and level 1 ski instructor and i know it is a big jump but hope to be level 3 snowboard in my second season. i am aware there is a higher demand for ski instructors and am also interested in gaining the ranks of ski teaching.
When i look on the internet it is all centred around gap year instructor training courses it is very difficult to find out where jobs are, for people already in the business.
I was wondering if you could help me find out how the ski and snowboard schools work in Austria or any other places in europe and whether there are any job opportunities for previously qualified instructors?

Safe...! LB
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
CASI website?
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
stupidly i haven't yet checked it out but i was thinking they might only go into teaching in canada it was my next step though!
i'm hoping someone might be in the same situation as me and could help me out!
ill check it out though are you an instructor??
LB
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Tried looking on ski school websites or getting in touch with ski schools yourself, see what they say?
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Not many Canadian areas sponsor visas for below Level 3 so it's a big advantage to have a visa. I'm a Level 2 working towrds my Level 3 so know from personal experience as I'm way too old and need a sponsored visa. I work at Mount Washington BC where they do sponsor visas but I know there were very few jobs still to be filled when I was in touch with the Snowschool Director last week. The Vancouver ski areas of Mt Seymour, Grouse Mountain and Cypress used to and may still do but they don't have any slopeside accommodation so you'd need to live in Vancouver. That said lots of Candian areas don't have slopeside accomm.

Some of the French speaking Swiss areas might be worth a try but would require at least French and ideally French and German. Having dual cert is to your advantage so push that one hard with prospective employers. Hope this helps.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Yep I Agree with Sitter, just ask around, put yourself out there!
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy