Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

ESF 2 star is equivalent to what ESI level ?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Both my boys have passed their 1 star with ESF but I am unsure what class to put them in with ESI.
Please can someone advise as i wish to book in advance and dont want to risk wrong level either way
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
welcome to Snowheads, Snow Bear snowHead I suspect the ESI's are not all necessarily the same - that's the whole point of an independent school, really, they are not jumping to a centralised agenda (I use an ESI a lot). Your best bet is to ask the school your kids are going with - they'll know.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
is it 1 star or 2 star?
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Thankyou Pam, have never used a forum like this before so delighted to receive a reply. They have completed 1 star, so would be doing 2 star this year if going with ESF. Had private ESF in Alp de huez for last two years and they had fantastic instructors both times. We are going over half term this year to a new resort for us. Want to put them in a group. 360 (ESI) in Le Gets guarantee max of 8 and are the preferred ski school for the company we are going with. Cant decide if they should be in Christal de Bronze or Christal d'argent. As having to stump up more dosh for half term skiing think the private lesson option will be too expensive for us this year and I think the boys will enjoy skiing with others now. as going at half term need to get it right as Im told everything will be full so limited option of moving them if we get it wrong.
Puzzled Puzzled Puzzled Very Happy
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Snow Bear, hope that you enjoy your stay in Les Gets.

I shall be booking my grandchildren in with 360 - but they asked me not to do so till September as 'we might forget' which I thought was very French. Have used them before and been very pleased. But this is for Christmas.
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Quote:

they asked me not to do so till September as 'we might forget' which I thought was very French

Laughing
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Snow Bear wrote:
Thankyou Pam, have never used a forum like this before so delighted to receive a reply.

Welcome to Snowheads! snowHead
You'll find that by and large they're a friendly bunch here, and there is a wealth of ski related information to be had (with not too many internet weirdos, axe murderers etc) Toofy Grin
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
I think they should probably do the ESI silver level. My son did ESF Flocon (but was a very confident Flocon), then ESI silver then ESF 3 star. I would contact the ESI directly and describe your children's ability. They could then suggest the correct group.

Unless things have changed in the last year or two ESIs do offer a set system of levels/awards which are consistent across different ESI ski schools/resorts.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Snow Bear, Welcome to snowheads Very Happy

I agree with snowymum, put them down for silver cristal with the ESI, that is equivalent to 2 star with the ESF.
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Found my Daughters ESF & ESI booklets,

ESF Difference between 1 / 3 star is 1 star the child is doing plough parallel turns vs 3 star which is parallel turns and skid stops

ESI Bronze: elementary turns and skidded turns on blue run
ESI Silver: basic parallel turns on blue and red runs
ESI Gold: Advanced turns and shortswing on red and black runs, off piste

So agree with the above comments, Silver sounds about right,
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
in our local ESI there is also "Vermillion" between the silver and gold mentioned above (there's a very big gap between those competence descriptions - not many kids are going to straddle that gap in a one week course!)) and a Diamond above the gold.

http://www.glissepassion.fr/en/tests-and-medals-pxl-18.html
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
pam w, that's right and that is ( or should be) standard across ESIs generally. However two schools I have come across seem to be ESI members but don't adopt the ESI badge scheme, they have their own. There are various equivalence charts for ESF to ESI (and others) around, a Swiss school gave me one and I have seen some from a google search.

From the horse's mouth the ESI levels explained here http://www.ecoledeski.fr/uk/il4-esi_p32-alpine-skiing-badges.aspx
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy