Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Flaine updates for the 2013/14 season.

Poster: A snowHead
Lots of money being spent.

Details of Flaine updates: http://associationflainoise.fr/ with photos of current works http://associationflainoise.piwigo.com/index.php
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Sorry link to photos could of be better:
http://associationflainoise.piwigo.com/index?/created-monthly-calendar
and select "June and juillet"
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
SPILLY67, Thanks for those links.

I had no idea so much work was planned. The photos are very good. The minutes of the Association Flainoise meetings are quite enlightening, although I wish my French was better so that I could read the original version rather than having to second guess the meaning of the translation.

As an owner in Montsoleil I am slightly concerned about the references to the Gerats chair and the Aigle Marine piste - will 'normal' service be resumed by December? I'll be out there in August so I'll be able to see everything at first hand.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Not a problem, just got back fromn Flaine, have an apartment in Vaga fantastic week...work is really moving, they have posted some more pictures a couple of days ago..
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Just looked at the photos - seems to be:
- work on the Montsoliel extension has started
- a new tourist information centre at the entrance to Foret
- a refurbished/new cabin lift between Foret & Forum (is it both lifts or just the one from the Spar?)
- work has started on the Panoramic apartment block next to the Grand Vans lift
- the Bissac piste has been reprofiled
- there's a new Diamond Noir lift
Have I missed anything?
Is the swimming pool below the Centaure now open?
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Maybe they will also clean up the dog crap...
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Maybe they will also clean up the dog crap...
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
jannar, think you have it all, apart from the drag lift at bissac petit balacha been completely removed, all the area to the left of this lift will now be a Learner area with no access from the top, as a result the Olivine run will be wider. Also the access past the diamond noir has been altered allowing easer access to Alamedine

Last edited by After all it is free Go on u know u want to! on Tue 24-09-13 19:37; edited 1 time in total
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
September pictures loaded,
http://associationflainoise.piwigo.com/index?/categories/created-monthly-calendar-2013-9-22
Very Happy
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
SPILLY67, Still a lot of work to do to get the place ready for mid December opening! Less than 3 months and counting.....
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Anybody have any news on the pool/spa at Le Centaure being ready for this coming season? No updated pics on the piwigo site for Le Centaure since end of March. I emailed the people who run the site asking if they could put some updated pics on the site but no photos have been added. Don't want to be having to cancel and change accommodation like we did last year!
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Hi the wife is going to flaine On the 13 Nov (business takes her to Geneva) will put it on her list of to do's
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
I have been told it will be open this season and we have already booked.
Last year was a pity it was not ready but we still enjoyed the stay.
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
not looking particularly ready is it http://associationflainoise.piwigo.com/index?/category/27-le_centaure_piscine
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
I am staying at Le Centaure over New Year having stayed at Montsoleil for the last few years, and looking forward to it! Can anybody recommend a restaurant for NYE and is there a big celebration? Thanks
snow conditions
Latest pictures:
http://associationflainoise.piwigo.com/index?/categories/created-monthly-calendar-2013-10
snow report
I am sure I heard somewhere on here that some improvement to the bottom of Grand Vans was planned. Was I dreaming or has something been done? I'm almost at the stage of booking for 25th Jan and it's the only area that puts me off as it's carnage at 4pm. Laughing
snow conditions
Michael B wrote:
I am sure I heard somewhere on here that some improvement to the bottom of Grand Vans was planned. Was I dreaming or has something been done? I'm almost at the stage of booking for 25th Jan and it's the only area that puts me off as it's carnage at 4pm. Laughing

"reprofiling" and moving the beginners button and travelator, I think with the intention of pushing traffic around the beginners area out of conflict. Not sure how the crossing point between the Tourmaline and this area will be handled though.

photo here: http://associationflainoise.piwigo.com/picture?/3389/category/33-balacha - not sure it helps!!

According to this:

http://associationflainoise.fr/spip.php?article299

"Domaine Skiable

Nouveau TK Petit Balacha.
On peut voir des photos avec le piquetage du projet ici ;
http://associationflainoise.piwigo....

Nous ne nous imaginions pas ce projet ainsi. Voici quelques commentaires :

en gros, c’est le TK précédent translaté au maximum vers le sud. Chaque m2 compte, la gare G1 est à la place du 1er mat qui tient le filet de protection en haut de la falaise. Ce filet devra donc être rapproché de la falaise.
un des pylônes est au milieu du chemin, et le TK traverse 2 fois ce chemin qui sera sans doute désaffecté. C’est possible car DSF avait construit un autre chemin plus pratique pour les camions il y a quelques années.
au niveau du P4, le TK passe près du talus en aval de la piste de montée du TK précédent. Ce talus sera certainement repoussé.
enfin, et cela amène des interrogations, le TK coupe en deux parties l’espace skiable disponible, selon une diagonale. Cela signifie que les skieurs débutants (ou un peu plus que débutants) auront à franchir la ligne du TK !
Cet espace débutant sera clos en amont pour éviter le passage de skieurs confirmés.
Le TK sera d’un type à enrouleur, modèle spécial débutant, lent et sellettes faciles à attrapper.
Il faut s’attendre à un reprofilage de la zone, et il y aura moins de bosses qu’aujourd’hui.
Ce nouveau TK sera beaucoup moins difficile pour les débutants que l’ancien TK, en raison de la pente très réduite et pratiquement constante.
La gare G1 est exactement à l’altitude d’arrivée du tapis roulant. La gare G2 est un tout petit plus basse que la gare précédente."
snow report
It's really the bottom 300m of Tourmaline I am talking about. However it does appear from the pics that some reprofiling of that area has been done as well. It's not a deal breaker for me but we may have a beginner with us and I dont think she'll like that bit.
ski holidays
Michael B wrote:
It's really the bottom 300m of Tourmaline I am talking about. However it does appear from the pics that some reprofiling of that area has been done as well. It's not a deal breaker for me but we may have a beginner with us and I dont think she'll like that bit.

Do you mean the path through the small mogul field and then the bridge (not much you can do there except take your time) or the blue in from there? It can be quieter if you take the right side lower down after the bridge, with a more gentle profile ( the Gerats lift approach and then ski back down to Grands Van that way. ) 25th Jan should be pretty quiet anyway!
snow conditions
I think he is referring to to point where the wide gentle blue you have been skiing for a couple of KM plunges down at a red like angle for 50m or so. I don't think it could be fixed much, apart from increasing the width of the shallower angled piste on the Left.
ski holidays
mr_big_ad wrote:
I think he is referring to to point where the wide gentle blue you have been skiing for a couple of KM plunges down at a red like angle for 50m or so. I don't think it could be fixed much, apart from increasing the width of the shallower angled piste on the Left.

That steep bit of Tourmaline was the bane of my first ever snowboarding trip. Felt good to be able to fly down it and up the incline to the bridge on the other side by the end of the week though.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy