Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Mayrhofen Chalets

Poster: A snowHead
Hi guys. Been reading this forum for a while, but just decided to join up..

I was after a bit of advice. Im looking at going to Mayrhofen in Jan 2014 and wanted to book a chalet. Anyone had any experience in doing this? Everywhere im trying is giving me pretty naff info.
Or am i trying to book too early? Flights are very cheap atm, so i was trying to do it as early as possible.

Cheers
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Sure loads of people could help you out here, first thing you'll probably want to do is be a little more specific about what you're looking for... other than that a good place to start is Mayrhofen.at switch it to English and do an accomodation search.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
There is just the 3 of us going, possibly 4. So just wanted something small. Between the 3rd of jan - 10th jan 2014. I'll check that site, thanks
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Pretty much everything will be on there just might need to spend a bit of time searching. Also chalets are often harder to come by in Mayrhofen it's more about apartments our there.

edit: sorry meant to add, that week may be a lot more expensive as it's russian orthodox christmas (week after will be much cheaper)

Last edited by You need to Login to know who's really who. on Tue 9-07-13 20:27; edited 1 time in total
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Musee, what do you mean by a "chalet", exactly?
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Somewhere with Cooking facilities and a fridge and a living space. Chalet/apartment
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Self catered or catered? As said, more about hotels and apartments in Mayrhofen, although there are some catered chalets run by TO's, Inghams have one, as do Crystal
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Im after self catered. The apartments im finding through package companies are very expensive. I've emailed a few off Mayrhofen.at , hopefully they come up with the goods
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Musee, just email apartment owners directly. They are in full-on summer mode so might well ignore it 'til September. You're aiming for a low week so, personally, I'd book the flights and just wait until a lot nearer the time.
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Okay, thank you very much for the feedback. Being a bit too keen on getting something sorted
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
edited - double post

Last edited by snowHeads are a friendly bunch. on Tue 9-07-13 21:21; edited 1 time in total
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Musee, if you are looking for a self-catering apartment you will find that the package companies charge an "under occupancy" charge unless you fill all the beds. If you rent one direct, as Bode Swiller suggests, you just pay for the apartment - then you could arrange your own flights and transfers separately. For just 3/4 people it would be an apartment, not a chalet. But 3 - 10 is Friday to Friday? That could cause some problems.

Here's a selection, googled at random for 4 - 11 Jan. Some expensive, others quite reasonable.

http://www.casamundo.co.uk/index.php?form_name=cm_search_bigsearch_form&displayform=0&submitted=1&offset=0&maxentries=60&order=search_rate&direction=DESC&searchmode=destination&destination_id=10023&periodmode=daily&duration=7&duration_daily=7&periodbegin=2014-01-04&skiing_only=0&requestByMap=&object_id=0&parent_id=0&periodname=&query=Mayrhofen&geo[0]=9662&geo[1]=9973&geo[2]=10023&persons_max=2&price_min=0&sleeping_rooms=1&price_max=0
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Thanks pam. ill check them out. Flights were very cheap fri -fri and from our desired airport. That site is excellent though, thank you
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
I wouldn't book Fri-Fri flights unless you also have confirmed accommodation. I think Fri-Fri accommodation will be tricky to find.
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Musee, annaski, do a search on www.tiscover.com - there are apartments that will do fri-fri at that time and are bookable online now. And this far out you only pay a deposit.
snow report
Bode Swiller, thanks very much for that link - I'm not even really looking yet but I see 9 day stays are available, which would be excellent Happy
ski holidays
Don't know what your price bracket is, but you could do B & B at Haus Monika for £45 a night. Right opposite the Penkenbahn, perfect location.
ski holidays
Is that 45 a each, or just for the chalet. I've stayed in haus martinez before, but i have no idea how to book with them again.
It would be alot easier if i could speak german
snow report
Hi,

Self Catering as a whole in Austria is a bit sparse, they tend to offer B&B's more.

There are the Snow Houses in Mayrhofen, they can be a little far outside the town but do provide good value. The Hotel Obermair is another option, its B&B, about 600m away from the ski lifts (if thats a little far the ski bus picks up about 50m away from the hotel) and the resort centre is a 5min walk away.

Could be a couple of options to consider.
latest report
paulthesnowfinder wrote:
The Hotel Obermair is another option, its B&B, about 600m away from the ski lifts (if thats a little far the ski bus picks up about 50m away from the hotel) and the resort centre is a 5min walk away.

Another recommendation for the Obermair if you want a B&B - there's an excellent buffet breakfast, and the hotel also has a small indoor swimming pool. Being on B&B allows you to try several different eating places (of which there are many) in the evening.
latest report
There are loads of self catering apartments through Mayrhofen's tourist site. http://www.mayrhofen.at
We booked an apartment last year that was advertised as for two people, but actually had a double bed, a single bed and a double pull out bed in the living room. It was right in the middle of Mayrhofen, 5 mins from the main ski lifts and one street back from all the bars.

Failing that, booking.com
ski holidays
£45 per person per night B & B
ski holidays
Whoever quoted self catering in Austria is sparse - sadly mistaken.
So many b and b's have been converted to apartments for an easier way of life for many Austrians.
All new builds are all apartments in our region.
Booking.com has started to do individual apartments in some regions.
The tourist offices in each region have lists of all types of accommodation.
Many places in Austria due to the age of owners dont have websites so look at the tourist office websites for each region and you will find dozens and dozens of apartments.
Arrange the holiday yourself- much cheaper than the tour operators and no under occupancy charges.
If going for 9 days might need 2 days b and b and then into an apartment for a week. Though a lot of accommodation owners are starting to be more flexible than the the saturday to saturday rule.Th
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy