Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

'Club' type skiing: Club Med and Mark Warner compared

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Joanna Symons of the Telegraph has been to Club Med in La Plagne 2100 and Mark Warner in Courchevel 1850 (Chalet Dahu).

Here's her report, looking at the accommodation, childcare, ski school and so on.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/travel/main.jhtml?xml=/travel/2005/11/09/etski1.xml&sSheet=/travel/2005/11/09/ixtrvhome.html

If anyone else has stayed at either of these places it would be interesting to have further comment.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Not been to either of these hotels, but have had both the Club Med and Mark Warner experiences.

I'm a big fan of Club Med - have taken a group from work there for the least two seasons (Alpe D'Huez and Les Arcs) and we're going back again this year (Val D'Isere). What we love about it is the all-inclusive deal - not only full area lift pases and all day ski school, but lunch, snacks and, best of all, a free bar are all included in the (very reasonable) price. Two of their resorts are adults only (Les Arcs and Val Thorens - unfortunately Alpe D'Huez closed down at the end of the 2004 season), which is great if you want a kid free environment. However perhaps the most unique thing about Club Med is the evening entertainment - every night the GOs put on some sort of 'show', which without fail will be either supremely cheesey or amazingly rude. The other interesting feature is that you are mixing with non-Brits (at a guess I would say that Brits make up no more than 5% to 10% of the GMs) - mainly French but also Belgians, Dutch and the odd Spaniard. It all makes for a very European holiday, and is completely different to any other kind of package you are likely to do. The food is also fantastic - all you can eat buffets, but French quality and a huge choice. Applies to lunch as well as dinner. Staff are fantastic - all tourism and catering industry professionals.

Mark Warner on the other hand is just a TO with some minor bells and whistles. I stayed at the Rosanna in St Anton in 2004 (following advice from you I believe DG), which was very good - food was fantastic, and again very good staff. However I don't think it was that much different from many T.O. run chalet-hotels. Will probably be going back this year though at Christmas, so I guess I must have been impressed with something!
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy