Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Chalet for 2 families

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Mum and Dad who have never skied with a six and eight year old
Mum and Dad who ski, with an eight year old
None of the kids have skied
Looking for an easy resort, easy access to lifts, comfortable and non pretentious accommodation would like to be able to do other stuff with the kids, maybe cinema, pool etc
Would like either transfers included or easy non stressful ones!
First time for our friends so I want to make it a good trip.
Any ideas guys?
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
up4it, Catered or Self catered? Or don't care? Obviously you are more likely to get a transfer included with a catered place...

If you're after a family orientated holiday, but still have 'reasonable' village life after dark, then you couldn't go far wrong with Les Carroz... Unfortunately, I only know a B&B place there but the village is lovely...

Samoens, I can recommend Chalet Marie Stuart. Amazing cooking... Non pretentious accommodation (as ordered), and I think you can get lifts to the lift in the morning... Samoens is not the best mind, for access to the village and lifts... You kind of do one or the other, as the lifts are on the edge of the village...

If you are looking for ski in ski out places, then maybe look into La Tania and some of the chalets around there... I am 100% positive you can get a decent place/deal there. However, it is a reasonably small ski station, so I am not convinced on the bowling/cinema thing... I don't know... La Tania is one of my fave places to go. Great access into the T3V, sitting almost central to everything... And a beautiful little village as well with great runs home... Smile

Having taken friends s for the 1st time before myself, and got it ALL wrong (Les Coches 2008, I think, with one of the worst winters for snow of), I can appreciate how yo want to get it right... Lovely village, decent apres, and generally a good holiday vibe... You could also think of Meribel... Slightly too many Brits but a decent palce to go and stay, again with oodles of terrain...

If I think of anymore then I'll come back to this... Smile

I know I haven't really named any actual chalets but hopefully given you some food for thought on location...
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
up4it, Serre Chevalier is great for families with cinema, aquapark in Briancon, thermal spa in Monetier, cinemas with English films, village atmosphere and short transfers. Have a look at www.eurekaski.com for accommodation. Transfers, lift passes and catering can all be organised if needed, and ski school is New Generation for the beginners. Spa apartments in Chamoissiere are 200m from nursery slopes and lifts. PLenty of trees to ski in too if the weather is bad. Skiing in Flaine for my first week nearly put me off skiing as the weather was atrocious, and winds strong.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
up4it, have you looked at offerings from Esprit? They have a number of chalets or chalet hotels to choose from and are very good at looking after / introducing parents to skiing / snow, talking to the families who went where it was there first time. They also have kids clubs for the children which my girls enjoyed as much as the skiing lessons.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Quote:

ski school is New Generation for the beginners

This is a key point - even if the weather isn't great, and the snow isn't the best ever, good quality lessons will still get them hooked.

When are you going? If it's the dreaded half term, not time to lose getting something fixed up!

For a first holiday, especially with children, location is critical. You need to have a very, very, easy trip from your accommodation to the ski school meeting place. Parents who are not themselves used to walking in ski boots and carrying two pairs of skis will not enjoy having to get onto a bus.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Yes, if you have a fair bit to spend, an outfit like Esprit will help a lot, getting kids sorted out to and from lessons etc.

Give us an idea of the budget!
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
pam w wrote:
Yes, if you have a fair bit to spend, an outfit like Esprit will help a lot, getting kids sorted out to and from lessons etc.

Give us an idea of the budget!

Yep also when. For what you for what you get the off peak weeks aren't too bad value with Esprit (and well worth it in my mind)..... February half term IMHO they are having a joke. Though given they obviously managed to sell there holidays at that price I may be in the minority with that opinion.
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
My kids started in Les Gets and I still think that works for beginner kids and non skier adults. We used BASS for ski school for most of our holidays then. There are lots of chalet operators there. Ski blue ridge is one independent we used.

I would avoid the larger resorts if I were you.
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
I could recommend Chalet Charlotte in La Rosiere with Esprit. We stayed last year and booked again for next.
Right next to the nursery slope and free beginners draglift to the main slopes.
It has 2 suites with 2 bedrooms in each and a shared kitchen/lounge diner.
Perfect for 2 families.
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
IME New Gen won't run kids lessons outside of school holidays times due to lack of demand

If you are thinking of term time ski, check very carefully your schools position on the new legislation coming out 1st Sept regarding term time holidays.

Easter would be a good time for first-time with kids as warmer and longer days, but easter very late next year.
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
La Rosiere is a really good place to start, very family orientated and well priced. If you were looking for some good apres ski and some variation with ski runs etc, Avoriaz is another great place and especially good at the end of the season due to its height... and also they have a killer waterpark if the kids want a day away from the slopes (Not that they should).
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Hi up4it, you can also have a look at Les Carroz - it is a lovely French village with a good choice of accommodation and a brand new swimming pool complex, ice skating rink and a small cinema. It is only 1 hr from Geneva airport. Have a look at these guys http://www.skiology.co.uk

Have a great trip! Smile
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy