Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Alpages de Chantel Les Arcs

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I'm considering a small apartment renting direct from the owner in the Roseland building at Les Alpages de Chantel at Arcs 1800 for Christmas this year. Does anyone have any knowledge of the complex please?
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I have an apartment in the St Bernard building, which is the one directly above Roseland. What questions do you have?
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
General location is it easily accessible for family to and from slopes (all can ski blues and most reds), General nature of the apartments, appreciating the one I'm looking at is not big, access to pool, Is it a nice location for Christmas, will there be some festivities in 1800 and how easy is it to get to the main area of 1800.

I'm taking for granted the snow record is good around Xmas as I was looking at Les Saisies but I want the reassurance of height and therefore less chance of no or poor snow.

Best place near to the apartments for ski hire and lessons (won't do a full week of lessons but maybe three days or half days)
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
If your family is happy on blues and most reds then the Roseland is ski in/out. You can ski direct to the entrance to the ski locker room.

Alpage du Chantel is located above the centre of Arc 1800 and there is a footpath from Roseland down to the centre of the village. 5 minute walk down, 10 minutes back up. If you don't want to walk there is a free shuttle bus that runs every 20 minutes until late evening.

The pool is located in the building, so easy access. In general the apartments are well equipped and comfortable. I've stayed there once, although that was 10years ago, but pop in to see a friend quite often and I think it's a nice building.

Santa turns up on Christmas Eve and there are usually fireworks. There's a nice atmosphere around the resort, although I wouldn't say it's over the top with Christmas spirit.

I've skied there at Christmas for the last 10 years and the snow has always been at least OK, and often excellent. Even in a bad snow year the majority of the piste network was available. The last three years have been Very Happy
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
That is all reassuring to know. I have just had a good look at your website which offers more info that the typical French website for private owners! Thanks for your responses, I think we will good ahead with it as the ski area offers what we want and the accommodation is in a good location. I think the kids will enjoy having a pool to use too!
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
jirac18, we've been to St. Bernard building twice (late season) and have just booked excellent deal for April. I'm on my mobile now but will PM details later if that helps. Really good location for slopes snowHead
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
marmotte16, Thanks for the PM, I am unable to reply to it but will look up the details. Thanks
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy