Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Portes du Soleil Multipass

Poster: A snowHead
Does anyone know if it's possible to buy this for just a day or two during a two week stay or if it has to be purchased for the full stay? I've asked the Tourist Office (we'll be based in Les Gets) but the reply was a bit confused! TIA
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Montana, there's this wonderful thing called Google? First result, gets you your answer. For the whole stay, from "accredited" (WTF?) accommodation providers.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Montana, I think it is only 1 euro a day, if your accommodation provider is signed up to the scheme so for each person just about 13 or 14 euros for two weeks and that gets you on all the lifts that are open. If not then you pay something like 6 euros a day just for the days that you want.

For the last few years we have signed up to provide the facility when our chalet is let - we have done it through one of the agents in the village who occasionally let our place - it costs us then 10 euros per bed so 80 euros for the summer, and then our guests get the advantage of the 1 euro a day ticket. But we are not going to bother this year as no-one seems to take it up, and it just ends up with us buying the multipass for ourselves - so we will just buy season summer lift passes this year.

So the answer to your question is yes, you can buy for just one or two days, and I think you get that from the lift office.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Pamski, thank you - I'd hoped for a reply from someone who'd actually used the pass, and had personal experience, so I'm grateful for your reply. Our accommodation provider IS in the scheme, so that aspect is fine. Do you know if it also gives access to the lake at Les Gets please? Again, I've read conflicting reports
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Yes, if you have Multipass you can use the lake, otherwise that is somewhere around 2 or 3 euros. Its just up the road from our chalet and I usually go and swim there either in the morning quite early, or at about 5.30 or 6 and the lifeguards are not there at those times anyway.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Montana, and to add to Pam's advice, you can swim for free in one end of the lake though not if you want lifeguard cover (or the slide Toofy Grin ). Long walk followed by a laze by the lake and an ice-cream.....bliss
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Pamski, well, oddly enough and I maintain that Google is your friend, from the PDS website, multipass is only available for the total duration of a stay...

Ah no, sorry, I'm wrong, it's somewhat misleading. Either €1 per day for your whole holiday, or €6 per day on a daily basis.

http://en.portesdusoleil.com/summer-mountain-holidays-offers.html

Someone doesn't understand pricing I fear.
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
under a new name, I think you can only get the one euro a day pass if your accommodation provider has signed up to the scheme, which in the part was ten euros per bed. But if you are in somewhere that has not signed up for it then you can go and buy the six euro a day pass as and when you want it. I know the maths does not really add up....
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Pamski, that's my takeon it as well. Weird.
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Maths adds up ok if you will use it. Say you are there for 6 days with 4 people in an apartment that has subscribed (I.e. Paid the E10 per bed). You pay E24 (6x4) and have access to lifts, pool, tennis plus a few other bits and pieces all week for free. What's not to like?

We pay the E10 per bed on our apartment in the hope it will pull in extra rentals (doesn't really seem to work) but even if we just use it ourselves at the E1 pppd rate it pays off for us. I've regularly used a lift, had a swim and played tennis on the same day in the last couple of years.
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
DJL, at superficial glance, no, the arithmetic (IT IS NOT MATHEMATICS, well it is a minor subset) doesn't seem to make any sense to me.

Maybe I need to do the arithmetic.
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
So it costs us E50 (10x5 - we rent out as a 5 person apartment though we often squeeze in 6 or 7) plus E 24 (6x4) as we tend to pick the bit of our two weeks that we will make most use of it so E 74 in total.

For that we hope to pull in extra rental and even if we don't it is equivalent to three days Multipass at full price for a family of four (4x6x3= E72). I'm happy to pay that for use of the lifts, swimming tennis etc as part of a family holiday.
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
How does it work for the guest? Does the accomm provider actually have to obtain the multipass for the guest or do they give the guest something to show at the window? What if the guest has a rechargeable pass and wants to load it online, can they do that?
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
As a guest you go to the agent and they give you a paper form confirming your entitlement. You then go to the lift office and pay E1 x No of guests x No of days of stay and if you have rechargeable cards they reload them (if not you have to buy cards I think ).

Don't think you can do it all on line and no idea how it works if it is a person to person rental (with no agent). We go down to the agents for the paper form on our own apartment.
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
DJL, Thanks! We're renting for three weeks and there's no agent, I don't think the property is registered though anyway but maybe I can persuade them. Would be a huge saving for us to get the 2E a day premium pass (needed for the Morzine pool) otherwise we'll be looking at season passes or just buying the 4 or 6 euro day pass as we need it.
snow conditions
it just seems unnecessarily complicated to me. Over in Chamonix we provide our guests with Cartes d'Hote which give free bus and train travel in valley plus discounts off various things. We need to justify to the TO that we are paying our local taxes (of whichever scent) and the cards are given to us and thus guests for free.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy