Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Singapore to Japan...

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Been a while since I last posted!

But might be relocating to Singapore, but couldn't live without skiing for any length of time.

Anyone know the best places to go to from Singapore? How easy is it?

Japan would seem to be the obvious geographical choice, but is there something I'm missing?

Any help will be mucho appreciado.
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Direct flights from Singapore to New Chitose on Hokkaido.

2-3 hr transfer to the Niseko Resort Area.

Fill your boots.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Haven't been able to find any direct flights... Do you know which airlines fly direct? Possible to take a train from Tokyo somewhere?
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Singapore has direct flight to Tokyo, not sure there is direct flight to Sapporo from Singapore.
If there is none and you want to fly to Sapporo, take Cathay Pacific to Hong Kong and change flight to Sapporo. Alternatively, fly to Tokyo and take internal flight to Sapporo.

Train journey from Tokyo to Saporro is about 9 to 10 hours with 2 changes.

If you want to ski in Naeba, Shiga Kogen, Hakuba etc. fly to Tokyo and take the Narita Express to Tokyo Station, change train to the town near your chosen resort and from there take the bus to the resort. In short - pain in the backside.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Sorry my bad.

Routing via Shanghai with China Eastern; Beijing with Air China.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
To Sapporo via Kansai with Jetstar, cheapy cheapy! (Not sure on the baggage allowance if you're planning to take skis.)
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Hmm. I lived in Singapore and skied NZ and Hokkaido ((stunning snow) but flying to Geneva is not actually that bad if you ski somewhere close ish. Your journey to Hokkaido could be similar door to door
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
joe1890, train from Tokyo to Nagano and then switch to local train.

From Tokyo station you should be comnfortably in a bar in Japanese Alps (Naeba, Hakuba, Nozawa etc) in resort in three or fours hours.

Mind you if you, you'd have to get in to Tokyo from airport as well.

Whether you go to Hokkaido or Honshu you are going to have to deal with changes.

Would certainly be on my itinerary if I was Singapore bound (along with south east Asian beaches etc, etc).

Tough gig ; )
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy