Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Tour Operator Recommendation - France

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hello,

I am looking for ideas for a ski trip next season and wondered if people could recommend any tour operators (i have already looked at neilsen, crystal and inghams) please. i am just interested to see what other accommodation is available with other tour operators

Ideally i am looking for a company that will enable me to travel by eurostar and for everything to be sorted by them.

If people have specific accommodation recommendations, that would also be greatly appreciated.

In case it helps, the trip is just for 2 of us in mid January.

Thanks as always.

Jono
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
By Eurostar, are you planning to drive down? If so, most TOs allow for this.

If you mean getting train to the mountains, a lot of TOs struggle with transfers from the train station on top of the airport pickup.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Mistress Panda wrote:
By Eurostar, are you planning to drive down? If so, most TOs allow for this.

If you mean getting train to the mountains, a lot of TOs struggle with transfers from the train station on top of the airport pickup.

But if you're with a smaller chalet company then they have the flexibility to cope with unusual transfer requests. Obvious resorts to then pick would be either 3v with a train stop in Moutiers or the tarentaiase resorts with a stop in Aime for La Plagne, or Bourg st. Maurice for Les Arcs, La Rosiere, Ste Foy, Val D'Isere or Tigne

You could do a lot worse then contact these guys - http://www.skihame.co.uk/ who run a couple of chalets in Meribel and 4 in La Tania. Great owner run-business - a number of snowheads have stayed with them (I think i've done 3 trips now) and I would have no hesitation to go back. Yes they are not a 'Tour Operator' per se, but they can provide the chalet accommodation with food, transfers, organise lift passes (delivered to chalet) and have ski fitting done in the chalet too.

You really need to give us a bit more info on the type of skiing (hard/easy/mileage on piste, steep and deep etc), nightlife (important or not), ambiance and whether you want chalet/hotel/appartment accommodation in order for people to help with more specific recommendations..
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
You could book accommodation only with a self drive operator (and deduct the Eurotunnel bit) and then either book the Eurostar journey yourself or ask them to book it. We use Ski Collection/Peak Retreats. However they mainly offer self catering accommodation. I think Ski Collection offer a few hotels in the Tarentaise eg. Hotel du Golf, Les Arcs. We tend to go for the luxury self catering places with pools/spa etc.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I would assume Eurostar means travelling by train to Moutiers or Bourg

Eurotunnel for self drive
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Is it that time already?, I do this a lot, and tend to just book accommodation separately from travel as that increases choice somewhat, but there are some operators that will do the train included in the package. Even crystal offers it now I think.

www.snowcarbon.co.uk list a fair few tour operator packages on their site. I find myself recommend this site a lot these days, but I'm only connected in the sense that I've found it really useful myself in the past, and the chap who runs it pops up on snowheads every now and then.

For personal experience, I had a great last minute holiday with Ski Amis last year, and they will package train and transfers if you want them to. I booked my trains independently as it happens, but was very happy with their transfer service (and everything else they did).
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Hi Jono,

Many tour operators will allow you to self-drive and give a price based on accommodation room sups etc, depending on what you're booking of course, a lot will even book your EuroTunnel for you.

To take advantage of the early booking fees I'd recommend you look to get something booked soon! Some reallly good BOGOF offers on lift passes in January.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Hi all,

many thanks for the responses so far and sorry for the delay. i will look into the bits that have been mentioned so far.

I have used a small tour operator in meribel (alpine action) for the past 4 years and they have sorted everything and ive had no problems, i just want to try something different.

As people have mentioned, booking the trains myself and then the accommodation separately may be the best idea.

Bertie Bassett, you asked for additional info re the trip, in terms of the skiing tend to put in the mileage (first lift till last lift) and prefer a mixture of slopes, generally will ski anything but mainly piste orientated. Nightlife is not especially important as long as theres a few bars etc. i have like the size and variety offered by 3V's over the years but would prefer trying out les arcs or VD potentially.

And it would be travel from london through to the mountains on the train as opposed to euro tunnel driving option - find it much more relaxing and less hassle than flying.

thanks again!
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Hi Jono,

Apologies for the sales nature of this, but believe that our company matches exactly what you are looking for.

I will also be upfront and say that I'm very new to snowheads. I've just returned to the UK, having worked overseas for the past few years and so have been fortunate enough to not have a need for holidays in order to get my fix for skiing!

I now work for Glacius Travel, a fully bonded travel agent and tour operator that offers complete flexibility. Essentially, our key aim is to be a one-stop-shop for ski holidays, taking the leg work out of planning. We are fully independent, and have no restrictions, in respect of geography, suppliers or budget. You tell us what you want, and we put it together!

Anyway, if you are interested for a taster of what we do, have a look at www.glaciustravel.com or send me an email adam.brown@glaciustravel.com.

Apologies again for the unsolicited nature, but I really believe that we can solve your annual holiday dilemma!

Many thanks for your time, and I wish you a happy new year!!

Adam
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
adamatglaciustravel, shame you're 6-months late offering it really Laughing wink

Sure you will get some interest for next/this year though - no problem (from me) for sales nature, lots of people do it. As long as is appropriate and not spamming everyone!

Welcome to madhouse
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Cheers Boris, Happy New Year to you too!!

Cheers also for the welcome..
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy