Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Best Sidewall stripper...

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
... I'm on the market for a new one as i've left mine in Canada.

Anyone got any preferences as to what they like or recommendations?

Prefer a square edge to rounded as used mainly on flat race skis.

I had a Kunzmann before and found it rather tedious.
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Stop talking to your sidewall stripper if it bores you.

I have a Kunzmann from the Piste Office, it's the cheapest one they do and the blade is reversable so you can choose flat or rounded Cool
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
spud, Kunmann do three: http://www.jonsskituning.co.uk/component/option,com_virtuemart/page,shop.browse/category_id,18/Itemid,1/

The Standard is a bit fiddly to set-up but is ideal for occasional use. If you're a regular tuner/racer with different ski profiles the Advanced is the way to go as it's a lot easier/quicker to adjust. The Pro was originally designed for shop use & is undoubtedly the best on the market as it's super quick when swapping between differing sidewall profiles & from capped to sandwich sidewalls etc. My Pro's cut over 6000 sidewalls & it still looks like new & I only changed one of the blades a few months ago.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
i have the Skimanand the Kunzman pro, the latter is by far the best, only one place to buy it from, see the previous post
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I don't know about the Germans, but the little Thai girl in the Western Bar, Edinburgh, is one of the best strippers I have seen in a long time. And only 5 quid a dance at happy hour. Twisted Evil
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
I use the Beast Sidewall Planer, very easy to use
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Many thanks for the replies peeps...appreciated.
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
I have to admit the whole sidewall stripping bit of tuning still has me a little flummoxed. Still never sure if I am taking enough etc.. However still probably doing 1,000 time a better job than the shop machine
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
thefatcontroller

There is a useful set of 8 youtube videos I found on ski tuning, in particular this video at this point here https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=BBeZ_YnP4CE#t=495s explains the reason for side wall planning quite well imho
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
thefatcontroller, If you see anything on your file other than metal when you do the edges, you need to plane a bit more off.

That's it really
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
This whole page describes it well, with diagrams and video...hope this can be of help.

http://www.racewax.com/c=XxBB7V9afb3Wk8HV4K3dU2htU/category/tuning-tips.sidewall-cutting/
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Another vote for the Kunzmann Pro.
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
I'm a little confused on which blade to use on what ski
I've only used the square edged blade. Can someone explane
Which one and why wink
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Glen Charman, flat blade for straight sidewall skis & rounded blade to match the 'concave' radius on cap construction skis. There's a number of skis out now that have an ABS straight sidewall in the central third of the ski but the outer thirds have a fibreglass cap construction - meaning you have to use both blades on the one ski.
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
spyderjon, thanks I now under stand what you mean

I've got the cheap kunzmanns striper which ok but if I was
Replacing it I'd go for the pro
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy