Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Transfers to kitzbuhel

Poster: A snowHead
Hi,

Can anyone recommend a good transfer company from either Insbrook or Salsburg to kitzbuhel?

Do Bens Bus do Austria or are they just France? first time Ive organised a trip to Austria so not up to speed on whats available.

Thanks
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
http://www.andis-taxi.com/en/

Or get the train...
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
medlington, Go to either airport site and you will find transfer companies listed. The biggest and most well known operator is Four Seasons Travel.

It helps to spell INNSBRUCK and SALZBURG correctly if you are doing a search. wink The other option is to use the very cheap and reliable public transfer options, but that works best from Innsbruck.

As far as I know "Ben's Bus" is a uniquely French operation

Salzburg Aiport is also known as W.A Mozart airport but as both towns only have the one, there is little chance of confusion. Cool
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Cheers, I know, my spelling of English places is bad enough Smile

are there stations at both those airports then? or just INNSBRUCK judging by the reply?
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Both Innsbruck and Salzburg are a short bus ride to the train station (both are probably about the same distance). Bus F (iirc) at Innsbruck. Not sure which one at Salzburg, but it'll be on the website.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
I have used Andis taxi above a number of times and they are great.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
medlington, the bus to the Hauptbahnhof goes directly from the Arrivals area at Salzburg. I think it is route No.1 but I'm not sure - just check it on the airport web site to be certain. I've not used the Innsbruck ones but I have seen buses with Airport (Flughafen) clearly marked on them at the Hauptbahnhof. Neither town is that big anyway, so it is not like trying to get from one of the London airports to any of the main terminii in the city!

For Salzburg to Kitzbühel I would use a transfer service to be honest. Innsbruck to Kitz may be easier by public transport. But I suppose a lot depends on how many there are in your group and what time the flights come in/leave as to whether it is worthwhile or not. If it does not like being possible, check out Group Ticket offers as you can sometimes make quite a saving that way.

This is the Salzburg page with the transfer services listed on it:

http://www.salzburg-airport.com/en/passengers-visitors/arrival-parking/bus-train-taxi/taxi-transfer-service/

And this is the Innsbruck page:
http://www.innsbruck-airport.com/en/transfer/

Most of the transfer companies will do round trip services and they arrange the pick-up times with you on the journey to your resort.

Toofy Grin
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Samerberg Sue wrote:
It helps to spell INNSBRUCK and SALZBURG correctly if you are doing a search. wink
Actually, it makes no difference. Google knows what you mean and shows results for the correct spelling.

Aside from that, another vote for Andi's Taxis. Or Four Seasons. Or, if you want to be riskier, stroll up to the rank at Munich Airport and just ask the nice Turkish driver "how much to Kitzbuhel?" (in a very slow and loud way in order that they will understand) and just shake your head at every price suggested. If it's a quiet day the price will tumble. Or just get the train.
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Bode Swiller, There are no freelancers on the taxi ranks at Munich. They are all licensed like all the cabs on ranks in Germany and Austria. They work for groups with local government controls on the km charges, etc. No chance to haggle sadly. That is also why all the taxis in the ranks are all the same colour - called Taxi as well!

And the OP asked about the two aforementioned airports not Munich! wink
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Samerberg Sue, I have haggled at Munich. Once had to in fact, because my booked taxi decided the roads were too bad and cancelled my transfer (booked via a UK agent - never again) and it was too late for the train, so I casually asked the guys in the rank (yes, the beige all-looking-the-same taxis) and they said "no problem" - and it was no problem. And I have done the same thing since. Admittedly, always fairly late at night.

And yes, the OP didn't ask about Munich but that's force of habit, my preferred airport. Embarassed
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Bode Swiller, Mine too although Salzburg is closer to me! You were lucky to get away with it, probably because it is night time &/or shite weather. As a rule the bureaucracy pinning the taxis down is a nightmare. You hardly ever see anything like mini cabs either. The transfer companies are the nearest thing you can getto them - sometimes an individual gets lucky and can take an unfilled place, but mostly it is safer to book in advance and not worry.

For the OP - with a group you have to book in advance to be honest! Toofy Grin
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Thanks again for the info, defo going to book whatever in advance.

My mate missed his flight last year and had quite a long expensive adventure to Val D as he had to arrange it all when he got to Geneva. Realy dont fancy anything like that especially the ending up at the wrong resort part and almost freezing to death.
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
In the region - Kitz Alps - there are are number of advertised organisations that do specific airport shuttles. Four Seasons Munich, Andis Salzburg, and Mikes taxis Innsbruck. There are several things to consider - time of arrival, number in the group, budget and inconvenience.
For the cost of shuttle/taxi from Salzburg would not entertain public transport at all. Train from Innsbruck possible but if 3/4 or more people shuttle or private transfer more cost effective and no inconvenience.
In private transfer the costs vary depending on upto 4 people, or 5 plus - but all the taxi companies in Kitzbuehel and the region would give you a price and I will say are very reliable. In some cases you might be able to ask if it coincides with others departing/arriving and would there be a small discount!! At this early stage they probably wouldnt know if others were wanting a transfer in the opposite direction but nearer the time they will do. A lot of transfers are often booked in the week prior to arrival - you are well ahead of the game.
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
You can send a request through our site to local companies: http://www.findtransfers.com
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Dia_FindTransfers, unnecessary pimping again? The links to the companies have already been posted! rolling eyes
snow conditions
Samerberg Sue, there are other local companies as well, not just the ones you mentioned. I'm not sure why it was wrong of me to recommend getting quotes of those? We don't charge any commission, it doesn't cost anything to use our site. We hope it is a useful resource that makes it easier to get in touch with companies. You can also add your dated to our shared transfer page so if a company has something they can let you know.

What is pimping about that?
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy