Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Garmont Radium Ski Boot Issue

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi

Long time reader, first time poster, so please be nice.

I am after some advice, At the beginning of December, I purchased a pair of Garmont Radium touring boots. After about 6 days I noticed that a thin plastic tongue inside the boot by the heel, had broken leaving sharp edges, on both boots. The boot had been put on correctly following Instructions.
I took them back to the shop I brought them from in Banff, who looked at them and said that it was a warranty issue, and to bring them back after Christmas, when the shop had quietened and Garmont where back from holiday.
After Christmas I took the boots back, only to be told that they would do nothing about it, they gave the distinct impression that it was more hassle then they thought it would be worth to get these boots repaired.
After getting exceptionally frustrated with the shop I thought it would be just easier to speak to Garmont direct, as this had already been dragging on for 3 months.
I have emailed Garmont on numerous occasions, including photos of the damage, and they have not replied to one email, i have sent.

All the while the sharp bit of plastic has trashed the inner linings of the boot, to the point that this know needs replacing.

I am at my whits end about what to do, as these boots weren't cheap, and I had hoped that they would last me many years, instead of just a season.

Does anyone have any suggestions, or any contact information for Garmont.

Thanks in advance
Andy
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Find the importer on google ring them up.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Take them back to the shop - make lots of fuss with the manager/owner about the shitty service they have given you and make it clear that its their last chance to fix the problem with no more cowdoo. It's what shops make a retail margin for. They should have no excuses. Garmont might be ignoring you because proper process is to go through the retailer.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
this will be fun, Garmont recently (this spring) sold out to Scott so the boots you have have been re-badged and are under different ownership.... do you guys have the sale of goods act over there.... your contract is with the retailer (well it is in the UK) so the retailer will have to deal with it.

good luck getting it sorted
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Thanks for all the replys, unfortunantly I think I have exhausted the shop option I went in again today to try and have a discussion before I posted all my skiing stuff back to the U.K, as I leave in 3 weeks, and there responce was that it is not a warrenty issue, even though they having previously stated that it is. As my boots are know heading back to the U.K. Do snow heads think I should get in contact with the Uk or Canadain importer for Garmont, does anyone have any suggestions for a next step?

Andy
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Andrew.ing, as the boot came from canada it is the responsibility of the canadian distributor,(most companies operate a warranty policy that each country is responsible for their own warranty problems, however most count europe as one country for this purpose) but as i said Garmont is no more, not sure if the distribution will have remained the same, so you may get no luck there, in the uk Garmont was sold by a small distributor before the changes, Scott UK now handle the Scott products but i have no idea what their responsibilities are with regard to Garmont product, i will try to find out for you
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
We sold Garmont, and have had a fair few problems this winter, as it's been said, Garmont are no longer trading as "Garmont" so to speak, getting this stuff sorted has been a ball ache and taken months, good luck, bad timing.
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
They have been sorted though!
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy