Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

fischer x11 wide 90 or salomon z12 b90

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Helloo,

Recently bought some Salamon Rocker 2 90 for a bit of a steal, now looking to get some bindings. Got the option between:
- fischer x11 wide 90 £48
- Salomon z12 b90 £100

Everything I've read basiclly seems to say, any old bindings will do no matter what your skiiing is like (always cheap out). Tried reading info abouth these bindings but can only find markety blurb with little info.

I'm 6'1, 80kg, 24yrs old, my boots have 333m sole. Been skiing since I was ~6yrs old. Ski any run happily and will charge most runs unless there's some ugly moguls stopping me, pretty useless in the park, love a bit of off piste and do all I can, ability off piste is tad inconsistent - will try to take on pretty much anything I can find or get guided to, not quite taking on cliff drops yet (too much of a pussy)

Could anyone suggest what I stand to win or loose between these bindings. what are their limits, what might I notice...

Cheers

Will
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Welcome to snowHeads.

SkeeWilly wrote:
...any old bindings will do no matter what your skiiing is like (always cheap out)....

You've been reading the wrong stuff.

Both of those bindings are low endish plasticy not very torsionally stiff & I wouldn't recommend them for someone of your stats/ability, especially to drive a wide'ish ski.

Pony up & spring for something with a decent construction: Vist Free, Look Pivot/Rossi FKS, Sallie STH2/STH12, Peak 15, latest model Jester/Griffon.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
As spyderjon says; spend money on bindings.

Cheap skis might break; cheap bindings might break you.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Crap,
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Advice much appreciated though. Cheers guys
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
I'm curious about this. My Fisher Watea 88s came with matching X11 bindings. Presumably Fischer think they're a good match for the ski, so what benefits would I get from changing to a more expensive binding? Would I ski better or be less likely to injure myself?
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy