Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Nordica Ace of Spades - Just a park boot??

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Just after a bit of info on these boots if anyone has any, Im looking into getting a pair after trying them on as they were extremely comfortable.

The question I have is that from the reviews I can get they seem to be for park skiing......not something I particularly enjoy. Im skiing a pair of Line Prophet 98's and tend to split my time between the piste and any off decent off piste powder I can find.

Are these boots going to be suitable for a fairly advanced skier that doesnt use the park???

Cheers in advance guys.
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
dom1983, I am struggling to imagine any engineering that would render a "park" boot unsuitable for any other sort of downhill skiing.

However, I can easily imagine the marketing genii who converted a list of the boot's attributes and converted them into park related "benefits".

I particularly like, "Pant clip holders keep your ski pants from riding up your ankles".

If you like the colour, buy them.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Good all mountain and park boot, very good if you have narrow feet and want a bit a flex in your boot.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
danjarv, is 100mm wide and is ~120 flex a bit flexxy? I'm slightly surprised.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
under a new name, yep, rode them all season last winter and flex was good, obviously subjective depending on way you ski and weight etc. would defo recommend them, apart from watch out for lowest buckle as this can snap off - but nordica were good with replacing...
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Park boot Laughing
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
mag1882 wrote:
Park boot Laughing

Cheers for the input but why is what I am asking really??
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
dom1983, You missed out the usual welcome to snowHead , so belated. Not a park skier, but I would have thought you need skis to follow your boots, same as elsewhere with maybe a bit more forward flex whilst keeping lateral stiffness. 100 mm last is not narrow, so there is obviously a comfort factor here.
So, I have to agree with under a new name, on the engineering front. Is the RPP more than 300, in which case they are probably suitable but at this time of year there are bargains to be had.
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
dom1983 wrote:
mag1882 wrote:
Park boot Laughing

There's no such thing is what I was saying, it's simply marketing. A park boot is not definitively different to any other.
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Well thanks......Well no, as it happens they're going for about £180, which coupled with the comfort factor is very tempting! The thing that makes me apprehensive is that Im not really familiar with the characteristics of what would be seen as a park boot. You cant realistically tell anything about the flex until your on the mountain. Is it the case that book makers just push certain things as to make it more appealing to a park skier where in fact the boots engineering is pretty much the same as what we would see as any other decent all round type boot??
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
mag1882 wrote:
dom1983 wrote:
mag1882 wrote:
Park boot Laughing

There's no such thing is what I was saying, it's simply marketing. A park boot is not definitively different to any other.

Much thanks! I kind of suspected so
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Also you should know that they're said to be pretty stiff, nordica doesn't seem to specificy a flex index, but instead an exact measurement, 13 Nm/degrees.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy