Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Best time to go to Norway for family ski holiday

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Quote:

in London its at least that

Puzzled you must drink in some flash watering holes, dennisp.
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
dennisp wrote:

They need to get out more, in London its at least that, and here its 15 quid in most places...

It sounds like you need to get out more and sample some different places in London - even in a zone 1 gastro pub you can get a "medium" (175ml) glass of wine for under a fiver.

When I went to Norway I was living and working in central London and was surprised by the very high cost of eating and drinking out. Didn't put me off wanting to go back and try the skiing though, as my interest in this thread shows, but it's worth knowing that it might be better to go self-catering if you don't want to blow your budget on food and drink (not a problem for me as I always prefer to book an apartment rather than a hotel these days anyway).
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
ok, biting tongue as not helpful for OP.

However: In the Papermill, a PUB on the grand canal north of Watford, a 250 is around 7 or 8 quid for the house. You go 5 miles down the road to The Grove, and in the Stables BAR its around 12 or 14. That says to me like a nice London eatery or pub in say Leic Sq would be around the 7-10 mark depending on what you drink.

Just saying, everyone seems to freak out when drinks go north of a fiver.

As said BTT...
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
dennisp, I do hope all your tongue biting doesn't ruin the tastebuds - at €50 for a bottle of the house, I'd want to savour every last sip wink
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
dennisp, good idea re Austrian resort. Price is not the main driver (resort low altitude is - one of our party loves skiing but doesn't handle altitude too well). Mrs quite fancies Scandinavia.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy