Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Chalet hosting in La Rosiere

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
My daughter and bf have been offered positions for next season, they are 23 and their first season hosting. We have been to LR (without her!) but cannot answer all her queries! So...... Is there enough nightlife going on? Is the ski area enough for an experienced skier? Bf is a beginner so I'm sure it's good for him? Would they be limited to LR ? as far as I remember it's a long way by road to other towns? Thanks
Very Happy
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Thought I'd bump this, anyone know much about La Rosiere, in terms of a season rather than a holiday? Thanks.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
feefee, I don't think Dwarf Vader posts on here now, and he was the last person I remember working in a chalet in La Ros. Maybe drop him a PM, and he might reply?
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Its really not that far to other resorts. Hop on the regular bus down to Bourg, the bus station is by the rail station which in turn links with the furnicular up to Les Arcs, a huge ski area. I`d guess you`d do it in an hour. One of my sons was going to do last year to meet friends for a day but the weather closed in so he did not bother.

Skiing at Las Rosiere links to La Thuile in Italy, giving the Espace Barnadino (sp?) My experienced skier sons (21, 23, 25) did not want to go back to La Rosiere for a second week but are delighted to be going to the Paradiski area (includes Les Arcs) this year even though we have been there a few times already. This may mean your daughter would get bored at La Rosiere and want to go to Les Arcs on her day off, however, I loved skiing there and would happily go there regularly

Friends of friends tell me those in residence for the season have an adequate night life. I get the impression its quieter than some of the bigger resorts but you would expect that

Sorry, like you mine is only holiday experience `though we have been to that general area quite a few times, but in the absence of other replies I hope the above helps.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
feefee, I wouldn't have thought the nightlife to be that great for a whole season, and your skiing would be limited to there and La Thuile unless on a day off they could get to Bourg St Maurice, Tignes etc. I would probably get bored there, but DV did a couple of seasons.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Seasonaires seem to really enjoy working there, well the ones I have spoken to, as it has a compact community spirit.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Thanks all, yes I will drop DV a message. It seems there's quite a few British to's there and that they are a close community so that's good, they're not looking for wild nightlife so a few bars and a good crowd will be perfect, it's just the ski area she's concerned about, we weren't that experienced when we went so it was more than enough, but if Bourg is reachable easily then I reckon it'll be fine for days off, I originally though LR was too far away, so thanks again, much appreciated Very Happy
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Theres a poster called Iver Shed who knows a bit about La Ros ifirc.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Frosty the Snowman wrote:
Seasonaires seem to really enjoy working there, well the ones I have spoken to, as it has a compact community spirit.

Nail on head - one of my buddies for my season in Les Arcs really raved about la Roz being compact and hence having a good vibe as most seasonaires would go to 2-3 places max..
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
bertie bassett, vibe is the word I would have used..... if I was 20+ years younger Embarassed
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Let's face it LR has an elevation of 1850m and is at the top of a mountain so don't expect much of a night life there. The road going down has countless bends and leads to Bourg St Maurice which is at 850m level. The opposite direction is to Italy, via Petit St Bernard Pass which is closed in every winter to serve as a red run. Compact community spirit is the right description I suppose.
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Thanks everyone I had a message from DV who's answered what she needs to know! Looks like we will have to have a ski trip to LR then wink
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy