Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Major rodent-themed ski website suspended for "major update"

Poster: A snowHead
Breaking news from SnowVole ...

Quote:
"We expect to be back in a couple of days." Vince the Vole

That's clearly a royal "we" from Prince Vince.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Someone should tell Vince to get stuffed

ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Ugly little shit
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
I wonder how all their forum users are managing wink
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Claude B,

They'll just swap to not posting at the SKGB instead.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
"Watch this space exciteing changes coming soon"
"We are THE community for UK snowsports"
"We've negotiated another grate deal for a Snivel trip with MickeyMouse chalets - a holiday worth £1,999,000 can be yours with an EXCLUSIVE 10% discount"
"Who is stoked for the ski show (wot I'm promoting)?"
" Prestidgeous Snivel Awards"
" Are you a blogger willing to whore out your opinion for a freebie? In which case we've a trip for you"

...are all things PK might be saying at this moment wink
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
See at least I only burn down the bar from time to time - not the whole site Laughing
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
I think Comedy Goldsmith,s comment about Bode Swiller, is a bit over the top though Toofy Grin
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
A few days? That'll put a crimp in his five nines SLA...
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Richard_Sideways, you don't count planned downwime in SLAs Toofy Grin

Well not they way I write them Laughing
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Boris, no such thing as planned downtime on MY watch - planning should always mean failover to hot spare for live systems.

Use that 5:15 carefully, and just be happy I didn't specify seven nines.
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Richard_Sideways, agreed - but strangely the "business" is all for failover until they see the cost. At that point they are happy with a few planned outages.
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Boris wrote:
Richard_Sideways, agreed - but strangely the "business" is all for failover until they see the cost. At that point they are happy with a few planned outages.

I was just thinking that myself...
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
MINOR UPDATE

No update from Major Update this morning ...

http://www.snowvole.com
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Still looks a bit broken.
snow report
bullshit, total and utter bullshit
snow report
davidof wrote:
bullshit, total and utter bullshit

No, it's still down.
ski holidays
mysnowsports.com is still around, although it looks although it may have been sold on....http://www.mysnowsports.com
latest report

We now have an update from Major Update.
snow conditions

Update (Jan 2013) to the above update.
Major Update's racist language has been censored:
http://www.guardian.co.uk/tv-and-radio/tvandradioblog/poll/2013/jan/23/fawlty-towers-racist-language-cut
ski holidays
boredsurfin, don't think that has site anything to do with the one PG and Ise ran for a while - apart from the name, that is. Which became mysnotspurts.

Comedy Goldsmith, why give the dreary Snivel web site any publicity at all ? It may as well stay broken as far as I'm concerned - and I suspect most sHs feel much the same. And if you feel the Major's language was racist why copy that onto this site ? Many of your photo 'asides' are amusing. Many are not. All just disrupt the flow.
ski holidays
Dubaian wrote:
Many of your photo 'asides' are amusing. Many are not. All just disrupt the flow.

Thank you for that flow report.
ski holidays
NB - Dubaian - apologies for this additional flow disruption

MINOR UPDATE (TUESDAY)
Wondering what's happened to snowVole? So is this dog ...

http://youtube.com/v/mpyVgGLy64k
ski holidays
Comedy Goldsmith, no prob for me - You Tube is blocked at work and I suspect you've got a typo (full stop) in the URL anyway.
ski holidays
Dubaian, in that case you won't have the pleasure and delight of seeing this short (14 secs) wildlife documentary 'Vole in the Snow' ....

http://youtube.com/v/gG5FoAW8Y4w
snow report
Dog with a bone. Sometimes you need to leave stuff alone.
snow report
How long is a couple of days in a a vole world? I thought it would pass quite quickly.
snow conditions
Comedy Goldsmith, that video is just an ordinary vole because it appears to be from North America (and there's a clue... it's obese). THE proper snow vole is actually correctly named the European Snow Vole and that's the variety that our stuffed friend above is. I really hate it when you deliberately switch furry animals on us like this.

I'm really looking forward to the relaunched rodent-themed ski website. I think the long wait just raises the eventual satisfaction level just like it does in a theme park. And I say good luck to Mr K and his team because there's plenty of room for sites covering our sport. Nobody is forcing anyone to go visit them.
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Swiller, I'm also intrigued to see the new improved(?) Vole. It's that horrible stuffed thing with the mirror goggles that I can't relate to - will that also be re-designed? It looks nothing like a European snow vole, as any zoologist would tell you, once he/she has checked Wikipedia.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/European_snow_vole
snow conditions
Question, why do we hate Snivel?

Its obvious here that there's some backstory Im missing.
ski holidays
We don't , goldilocks likes to pit ski clubs against each other.

I don't go there myself, I used to but it's not for me. That is my silent ish protest.
snow report
zanarchist, See this thread for a bit of light reading/backstory on where the founder of the world's greatest snowsports forum found snowheads too negative and uncommerical for his world domination/pocket lining. He's obviously shown us all wrong with his interweb dominance.

http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?t=73710
snow conditions
zanarchist, fatbob, worth pointing out that at the point that linked thread was started, PK was selling advertising space for snowheads. When he left the employ of SH to set up his new site, he didn't even have the grace to inform admin of the fact that, having used the time at snowheads to build his network, he was now going it alone.

but we don't *hate* snivel, it's more a kind of laughing pity...
latest report
nbt, and there's a thread somewhere about him trying to poach signups via pm. I bet the majority of snivel's non industry spammer sign ups are still sH socks who registered just to poke fun. At least Pk made good on one of his promises to create a "different" kind of social community. A social network that dies from lack of engagement is different at least from a successful one. Wonder how many sad small TOs or big boys he duped out of cash on the way though?
ski holidays
nbt wrote:
... having used the time at snowheads to build his network, he was now going it alone.

That's actually incorrect. Mr K already had an extensive contact book stretching back many years of doing same/similar ad sales including Daily Mail Ski and the ski shows.

Plus, as ever, there are two sides to every story.
latest report
sales sounds about right
ski holidays
Ah, the magic of context. Excuse me while I go read 18 pages of old thread.
ski holidays
At the foot of the Spring Run yesterday at Glencoe a wee vole run across Mugs Alley infront of me, it quickly scurried under a rock. Does that make it a Snivel?
snow report
snowvole wrote:
“SnowVole is currently down for a major update. We expect to be back in a couple of days. Thank you for your patience.”

That was the official snowVole statement on 31 May. It's now 13 June, so we must conclude (so far) that 1 vole day = 1 human week.

Just to allay any possible concern ... the vole hasn't vanished - it's tweeting on Twitter and has therefore adopted a bird-like communication strategy. There's also ...

snowVole on 6 June wrote:
“... yes a major overhaul of the entire site to make it easier to interact with each other and thus easier to FOLLOW the Snow Smile

... and ...

snowVole on 6 June wrote:
"Yes we will be working on a NEW Instagram account very soon."

snowVole on Instagram. Standby for this major update.
snow report
Interestingly they don't Google very well - either with or without a space, you still get no direct link to their website which seems odd when you look at the Google hits this place gets.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy