Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Hinterglemm

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
We are thinking of going to Hinterglemm , we were in Saalbach and it is lovely BUT as regards the ski school I did n't like the set up ,meeting place down by the lifts and a walk up with skis and boots to the skiing area ... I would prefer not to have a trek like that so would anyone have information about Hinterglemm ski school proximity to lift /skiing area . I know the night ski run and I was just wondering is this where the ski school meeting area is .
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
alicia, Which ski school did you use? - there are 5 in Saalbach. From your description, I'm guessing Snowacademy or Furstauer. If you book with Zink or Easyski, they meet their guests by the Turm lift rather than by the beginners areas lower down - but the beginners areas are still only a 5-minute walk from any of the main lifts in Saalbach.

Hinterglemm ski schools meet near the bottom of the U-bahn lift (where the night skiing is), near to the Zwolferkogel lift car park (behind the hotels facing the car park) or occasionally at the Reiterkogel lift on the other side of the village, so still the possibility of a 5-minute walk from the meeting place to a main lift.

Last edited by Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person on Sun 2-06-13 10:37; edited 3 times in total
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Thanks for that Quintan ,yeah I used the Furstauer and I really found it hard going to meet below by the lift (can't remember the name ) then walk up with boots and skis to skiing area by Bauers Alm ....bad move .. I want to check out now the easier option , in Zellamsee we collected our skis went up the steps to gondola and that was it , I am 70 so want to make life as easy as possible Very Happy Very Happy so if we were in ski school at the U bahn lift there is a ski hire quite near that area so that would eliminate any further walking or are you saying that sometimes they meet there and sometimes it could be at the other side of village?? Would the U-bahn be the more popular meeting area ?
Sorry about all the questions and thanks again .
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Snow & Fun's classes meet around the U-bahn lift - but that is still a short walk from their rental shop, where I assume you would want to leave your skis overnight. Best idea would be to give them a call for exact details.

Whether in Saalbach or Hinterglemm, if you are having group lessons, you will always be tied to meeting at the ski school meeting place, as guests and instructors are swapped around to create suitable groups each day in terms of size and ability; if you choose private lessons, then you can usually decide where to meet your instructor. For example, in Saalbach you could rent skis from the Intersport shop opposite Bauers, then walk up the steps to the lift and meet your private instructor there.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Thanks , we used Intersport in Saalbach but were not able to leave skis there !!they didn't have lockers !! .We will probably go for private lessons .
Really appreciate all this information thanks again.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
alicia, for private lessons you should be able to specify where you will meet the instructor - there's no point in walking 200 metres across town to meet someone if your accommodation is right next to a lift.

I'd recommend Activ in Hinterglemm, though our experience has been for our kids rather than private lessons. They have a hire shop 20 metres from the Zwolferkogel lift, though the icy humpback bridge between them would maybe be a worry as it even gives me a fright every so often, so 70 year old hips could probably do without a fall onto a hard icy surface.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Thanks ousekjarr , it is a great help to get these tips , I really appreciate it .
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy