Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Spreading the love...

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
After some tension on here now might be a good time to remember a few simple guiding thoughts to help increase the peace...
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Brilliant.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
parlor, most excellent.

Guideline #9 puts me in mind of one particular powder day with an experienced but impetuous friend. We met early and it was mutually agreed (group of 6 or so) that even though we were not going anywhere too gnarly, there'd be a "one-head-veto". Anyone unhappy with any particular pitch, we wouldn't ski it. It had just about finished snowing after a bit of a dump and we were trying to be careful.

Several wild, whacky and ear splitting grins later we're above a little untouched ridge separating two runs. Vis isn't great and no-one can recall exactly how the ridge develops. All we can see is that the gradient increases, so the pitch diappears out of sight and we know that somewhere down there there are some small cliffs.

Anyway, we all debate and decide that given the vis we'll check it out from below and come back up again. Please note, none of this (mostly) is nearly as risky as it might sound. About to set off, and here goes our chum. "Ball-ox to this, it looks lovely..." and skis off. So much for one head, etc.

Nice turns ensue and her head slowly approaches the visible horizon. Bear in mind this is a 6 foot amazon in a one piece (sorry!) bright yellow suit. Some seconds later, "wooaghhhhhhh!" and the small visible proportion disappears.

We ski round the ridge to find her spread-eagled on the piste having dropped off one of the little cliffs (about 4m) straight onto the side of the piste, surrounded by the ski class who'd all fallen as this avenging powder angel dropped in beside them. No-one, thankfully, hurt and a few bruised lessons learned...
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
DM - Brilliant - I trust that you all took the P suitably that night.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Scarpa, oh yes, and ever since... Girlie in question had 14 seasons as rep/resort guide and instructor (inc. ESF) under her belt before that one and really should have known better!
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
David Murdoch, classic Laughing Laughing Laughing
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
I love skiing in poor vis, well, poor vis if it's because it's snowing, everywhere is so quiet. I know my local hills quiet well so again not a huge risk. For some reason though my ski buddies always let me ski first, even when untracked! But then one of the guys I ski with is now 3mm shorter after skiing off a 5' (not even *that* high) ledge - he compressed a vertebae 5 years ago, still skiing hard. I've fallen off / down so many things many times I forget to take it easy. The worst damage I've done was off a poxy 2' lip, didn't see it at all, and lost a molar!
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
parlor, The smaller ones are the worst, I hurt myself last season off a 4-5' lip. Approached with too much speed, didn't realise it was there until too late, had a good couple of hundred milliseconds long "Oh poo-poo" moment when it became obvious what I was about to do, and then dug the tips of my skis into the piste before face planting and gouging a six foot trench out of the piste with the toecaps of my boots.

The young lady that I was trying to impress at the time didn't stop laughing for almost ten minutes...

My knee didn't stop hurting for about ten weeks...

My pride is still damaged... Embarassed
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
My fave (as I didn't hurt myself too badly) was attempting a little air off a nice powdery nogul to discover it was a rock.

The old Park'n'Fly situation occurred, full somersault for me and a Rossi 9X cracked right in half. Funnily enough, I didn't realise that the ski was broken (the edges were holding it together until slightly later. Skied all afternoon on it too which made me wonder...it was cracked right across the toe binding and completely floppy. Quite happy on piste though...
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Skiing down a green track and passing snowploughers. I decided to ski backwards to show-off. I don't know why I did this as I still don't do it to well nowdays. Anyway the path turned right and I saw it miles too late ond went over the side. I ended upside down in a star shape about 4-5 meters down with my skis tails dug in stopping me rolling further. I couldn't get up due to the gravity and just hung the for ages whilst all these snowploughers stopped, wet themselves/collapsed and took pictures. They then all skied off and left me dangling there.

Eventually released the bindings, rolled down further and spent f*****g ages crawling back up...!!

%$$**%$£"*&^%$$$£^*()££!£!!......!!!!!!!!!
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
JT, I did that going forwards, it took ages to climb back onto the track and so much effort !
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy