Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Has my friend goofed up his purchase of skis !?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Been trying to offer some advice to my friend on the purchase of some new skis in the sales, these will be for him to do a snoworks course in Jan.

I found some Atomic panics which sounded about right and as he is 6.0'/182cm and 84kg and recommended he get the 181cm length as they are a rockered twin tip at £290inc bindings.

He then texted me to say that he found them cheaper but got the 173cm at £220......

Should he send them back or struggle with them as have persuaded him to do the all terrain course !
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
If he can ski he will be just fine.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I'd say they are too small for his weight and height.......
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
A 173 all mountain ski is on the short side for someone with those stats but with a rockered tip & rockered twin tail they're gonna ski really short so I'd change 'em.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Depends what level skier he is. They're an intermediate ski so if he's a Phil Smith cautious level 3/4 they'll be good for him to progress on although he'll probably outgrow them quite quickly. If he's an adventurous 4/5 he'd be better off on something both stiffer and longer - say Atomic Theories in a 177.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Just texted him now to cancel the order, found some 181's only a little bit more.

Thx for confirming my thoughts !
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Should have let him suffer - if he's a grown man who ignores advice because he found something cheaper then it's his lookout.
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
fatbob, You're a harsh man! Very Happy
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
foxtrotzulu, Harsh but fair - the mollycoddling has denied him a valuable lesson in MTFU as he whined about his short little skis in variable conditions.
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
fatbob, hahaha luckily he mtfu and cancelled the order and got the 181cm, interesting you mention the theories Raceplate, as edge and wax reckon the panics ski a bit like the original theories still all solved. see you all on the forum probably in late November !!! NehNeh
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
2planks, I don't see an issue with the length. I am significantly heavier than he is and would have gone for the 173.
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Mistress Panda, even for variable snow duties??
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Mistress Panda, have you ever skied anything longer?? Makes a huge difference in stability and off piste/cruddy snow performance......
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Mosha Marc, yes.

kitenski, yes. And it does - it means I fall over a lot more often from trying to turn a mahoosive long ski.
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
2planks, make him join snowHead snowHead snowHead and ask his own questions...
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy