Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Xmas in Chamonix again

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
We've decided to spend Xmas in Chamonix again.

I've been there a couple of times in the past at Xmas and the only problem I've found is that it's not very Xmas like. I know they have the lights but they're there all season.

Any suggestions for finding a bit of Xmas spirit in Cham. (Please don't mention the church.)
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
We've found there isn't much xmas in any of the resorts we've visited over the last 4 years, this year I think we'll be doing New Year instead.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I thought it might be snowing!
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Austria is chock full of Santa and his helpers.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
We had St. Nick and his donkeys in the hotel in Switzerland last year, carol singing (in Swiss German) round the tree etc. etc. All very festive.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
The Cabane and Cap Horn restaurants have animated polar bear robots and that sort of thing but as you mentioned above they are there year round.

There is usually carol singing in one of the Churhces (sorry I know you said not to mention it).
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Cymru am Byth, define "Xmas like" please.

I find the alps very Xmassy mostly. Snowy, cold, mountainy, etc.

S0d the Xmas as defined by Coca Cola if that's what you're after.
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
We've Christmased (that's not really a word is it?) in Le Grand Bornand (about an hour's drive from Chamonix) for the last five years - the most Christmassy (again not sure if that's a word) bit is the torch lit ski down the mountain to meet Pere Noel on Christmas Eve which you can join - good fun. After that we do presents and stuff. Next morning it's pretty much back to normal ski holiday. Suits me - I'm not one for dragging Christmas out anyway. Very Happy
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Frosty the Snowman wrote:

They'll be those tricky subordinate clauses

Wink
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
altis wrote:
Frosty the Snowman wrote:

They'll be those tricky subordinate clauses

Wink

ha ha - very clever snowHead
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy