Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Like a video game

Poster: A snowHead

http://youtube.com/v/ygxufRprWpY&feature=player_embedded

Dude is incredible - such speed and poise in some pretty choppy crud. This is how I would love to be able to ski, he turns everything into a playground, even in less than stellar snow conditions.
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Nice vid, always like seeing big tricks on natural terrain
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Would be interested how many takes that was but no denying the guy has insane poise. To go from that chop to a great takeoff is awesome.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
At the risk of being perceived as a total killjoy I don't think he should be showing video of him and his mate slaloming people on a T-bar. That's just publically encouraging people to copy him and sooner or later some talentless wannabe is gonna wipe out some innocent lift goer's legs.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Raceplate, No more so than the Monaco GP makes people drive round city streets like a lunatic.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Doesn't do much for me. No poetry in motion. No doubting his skills, but if I could ski like him I doubt I'd ski like him.

Last edited by You'll need to Register first of course. on Wed 15-05-13 9:37; edited 1 time in total
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Raceplate, I would complain to the lift company if someone did that to me, don't care who they are.
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
rob@rar, here's something more your speed then:

http://youtube.com/v/i53PFdLqTWU

Wink
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
I'd guess the whole shoot; lift goers, random people standing round to mark the take off wink , folk stood on path, etc were all choreographed.

Good vid though.
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
That's an insane video...thanks for sharing. I'm guessing he left the oven on at home, he was in such a rush. Razz
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Is that Megamums video???? I don't know what she is worried about.
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
meh, Laughing Laughing Unfortunately as skilled as he might be, it still doesn't do it for me. If you are looking to feed your soul until the snow gods return try this:

Unicorn Sashimi from FELT SOUL MEDIA
http://vimeo.com/38121690
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
All of it is pretty inspiring, especially in that choppy snow - but, and I might be on my own, I really hate it when people use the tow as some kind of slalom run.
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
rob@rar, now I just want to go back to Japan. Very Happy
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
meh, +1, although sadly not next year.
latest report
Sofia wrote:
I really hate it when people use the tow as some kind of slalom run.

me too - it scares the Hell out of me
ski holidays
airbornebadger wrote:
Raceplate, No more so than the Monaco GP makes people drive round city streets like a lunatic.

Rubbish. They're not the same analogy at all. The Monaco GP is professional drivers on public roads that are no longer open to the public and sealed off with safety barriers. The same as when professional skiers compete in a downhill race on pistes that have been closed to the public. They're closed environments.

This video is of a professional skier skiing around members of the public in a reckless manner in an open public environment without their consent. The kind of thing that in the US would instantly get your liftpass pulled.

The motor racing equivalent would be Sebastien Vettel posting a video of himself street racing down a high street in the middle of the day! Is that acceptable in your world?
snow report
Why do the Police stop him at the end?
ski holidays
rob@rar wrote:
meh, Laughing Laughing Unfortunately as skilled as he might be, it still doesn't do it for me. If you are looking to feed your soul until the snow gods return try this:

Unicorn Sashimi from FELT SOUL MEDIA
http://vimeo.com/38121690

precis: lots of single turns in super slo-mo and a japanese spyderjon waxing his board
yawn
ski holidays
Ricklovesthepowder wrote:

He was speeding
snow report
Arno, That geeza is much too young to be spyderjon!!
snow conditions
Here is 'atmospheric' Candide from a few years ago:
Candide Kamera Intro from Candide Thovex
https://vimeo.com/4445476
ski holidays
Raceplate, yup totally acceptable and if it caused you to have an apoplexy caused by hse induced rage i would even celebrate it.
snow conditions
Raceplate, I think Mosha Marc has given the game away above. What would be more impressive would be to see it from a stalk can or drone follow I think.
latest report
Ricklovesthepowder wrote:

Autograph hunters
snow conditions
fatbob wrote:
Raceplate, I think Mosha Marc has given the game away above. What would be more impressive would be to see it from a stalk can or drone follow I think.

I don't care if it is staged, I know too many people who have been hit by other skiers and have had too many near misses myself, he shouldn't be giving people the idea that it is ok.
snow report
Quote:

fatbob wrote:

I don't care if it is staged, I know too many people who have been hit by other skiers and have had too many near misses myself, he shouldn't be giving people the idea that it is ok.

What about people being responsible for their own actions and not being so stupid as just to do what they see, like when you see someone jumping out a plane you don't just go jump out a plane.. no one has any sense any more..
snow conditions
If he did that near me on a drag I'd clothesline him.
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
rjs wrote:

By that reasoning there shouldn't be any potentially dangerous activities depicted in film on TV or on the internet, just in case it gives people the idea that it is ok?

Well that's James Bond well and truly stuffed. I quite enjoyed the last one as well.
latest report
northernsoulboy, so your approach to someone doing something somewhat dangerous is to make sure you endanger the people behind you by knocking them over at high speed? Shocked
snow report
Snow Hound wrote:
rjs wrote:

By that reasoning there shouldn't be any potentially dangerous activities depicted in film on TV or on the internet, just in case it gives people the idea that it is ok?

Well that's James Bond well and truly stuffed. I quite enjoyed the last one as well.

Except that people seem to be able to work out that most dangerous stuff they see in films is a bad idea, they don't seem to be able to work out the consequences of skiing into someone else at high speed.
snow report
I have to say that I am firmly in the grumpy camp here. Thovex comes across as a self-indulgent tosser and what WAS the point of slaloming down the tow? Was it just to say..."look how radical and naughty I am" It's not exactly that hard to slalom down a tow, so why do it? I know the boy can ski, but it was a pretty crappy shaky vid. Not inspiring. Just reminds me of those (mercifully few) occasions when you see an irritating show-off arsing about on a blue run.
snow conditions
Why am I not surprised the snowheads are frowning upon this, you're worse than the guys on reddit, do you get this upset when people ski backwards too?

I mean sure, it's not exactly a good idea slaloming between pomas, especially at that speed, but who's to say it wasn't staged by QS? It's not like people are going to copy it because they've seen him do that.

I'm also surprised nobodies complained about him on the poma, worrying it'd break.

Also I'd say he was more likely to cause harm at 1:27 when he almost hits aziz
latest report
I'm not impressed by some hotshot carving up the drag lift. Chuck him off the hill.
snow report
With the exception of the police car at the end that was clearly staged "Ooooh, isn't he such a rebel!" I would be a pound to a penny that the rest of the video is not staged. Consequently, there is little difference between this and the videos some idiots post of them weaving in and out of the traffic on the M25 at 150MPH. Actually, there is a difference. The M25 videos are filmed rather better.

Incidentally, have a look at Thovex's Wikipaedia page. Either he wrote it himself or got a love-struck teenage boy to do it for him. V funny.
snow conditions
^ haha what idiot wrote that;

" He came back to it the next year and landed a backflip 360, which could be described as a cork 7"
latest report
foxtrotzulu, you need a sense of humour update.

I can completely see your point re. the drag lift stuff, but the police thing is quite clearly just banter (read any interview with him and you'll see he's actually prety quiet and modest).

Quote:

but it was a pretty crappy shaky vid

Is because it was super lumpy, choppy crud he was skiing. The fact it's shaking about so much just shows what it's like to to ski that sort of snow at that speed. He was hardly trying to make a super smooth, creative, cinematic video - just showing a fun day of resort skiing. More real than endless slo-mo pillow drops in perfect pow. If you can't see how much skill it shows, I assume you just don't have much experience skiing that sort of stuff to relate too.
snow conditions
clarky999, You are absolutely right. I don't have a fraction of his experience (or skill) at skiing that stuff. You are also right in saying I was short of a sense of humour when I wrote the previous entry. Mea Culpa.

However, I still maintain he vid was excessively shaky (one of the worst I have seen) and made uncomfortable viewing.

I don't believe what you say about a 'just a fun day of resort skiing' when the police cars were so obviously staged at the end. I do believe that he is genuinely a nice, mild mannered guy; so why the need to portray himself as such a knob?
ski holidays
Look it's neither a fun day of resort skiing or a super polished edit. Designed to provoke a response. The POV angle is terrible for actually showing his skills (where a stalk camera or similar would probably be an improvement). It is however obviously staged in that numerous people are stood as markers to help him locate the next hit at speed. I can see why some think it falls into the "bad example" camp but it is fairly transparent in the staging - the thing that looks most real is the drag slalom. Wonder if there's a heli angle to be shown in next movie.
snow conditions
fatbob, So he is a troll.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy