Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Aeroski tignes le lac,

Poster: A snowHead
Hi, is the aeroski being replaced upgraded, thought I saw something on here or the Internet somewhere but damned if I can find it again. The le lac and toviere webcams are off for works on the lift but can't find any other information or webcams covering the lift.
Anyone?
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
When I was there a couple of weeks ago, there were signs up around the bottom of the Aeroski saying that a replacement is indeed being built. Pretty sure the signs said that it would be completed in time for next season.

I'm sure a Tignes local will be along soon to confirm.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Some info on this site http://www.remontees-mecaniques.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=16573&st=0
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
For the non-Francophones, that site confirms that the Aeroski is to be replaced in time for next winter.

New lift will go to/from the same places, but the top and bottom stations will be modified. Bottom station will be at ground level, instead of the current raised-up, climb-the-stairs arrangement. Top station will be underground and access to the snow will be by lift and escalator (which seems a bit weird).

The new lift will have 10-man, seated cabins.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
stevomcd, any idea how that's going to affect this summer's mountain biking? I can't find any sign of a lift/trail map as yet...
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Oooo seats that's a luxury. My legs are normally jelly by the time I've come down from toviere at pace.

And I'm so unfit chairs, gondalas, etc must have somewhere for seating my fat ass Very Happy
Never understood standing lifts.
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Harrison Le Lapin, I think they are going to open up the Tufs with bike racks. From the artists impressions the bottom station will be a bit lower (towards the kids ski school), the top station will be in a similar position but you will arrive in a building dug into the hillside - if you can visualise it you will come off the Tommeuses lift and ski over the top of the Aeroski top station - all v James Bondesque. Overall stats are €13m, 10 seater gondolas - so a rest - but will only take 5 mins rather than 8 so that all evens out! And with new technology and the building at the top it will work on much higher windspeeds (24 m/s rather than 16 IIRC)
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Quote:
I think they are going to open up the Tufs with bike racks
That's good news for us summer visitors to Val Claret Smile !
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
chocksaway wrote:
Harrison Le Lapin, I think they are going to open up the Tufs with bike racks.

Good news. Thanks. The Aeroski was surprisingly easy to get a bike stuck inside. Don't ask me how I know this. rolling eyes
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Trail map not yet available - but the lift timetable has been published here:

http://www.tignes.net/en/summer-sports/practical-info-1035.html

Tufs it is!
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Think I passed some of the bubbles going the other way on the back of a truck on the Moutiers/Albertville roadon my way home from Grenoble today...
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
The Aeroski is no more!

http://tignes.livecam360.net/lac?t=2013-05-28+15-30-00&r=90&z=100&tl=99900[/url]
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Or go here to watch it live:

http://www.tignes.net/en/skiing-in-tignes/webcams-290.html#Webcam_HD_Lac_-_2100_m_-

The old foundations seem to be putting up a fight Very Happy (11-July-2013)

The information board at the summit (Touviere) says the new lift will be faster and have less pylons. The new gondolas will only have a similar capacity to the aeroski.

The problem with the original aeroski is that it had a low tolerance to cross-wind which is why it was often closed.
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
New pylons up....
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Top station coming along nicely (27 Jul)
http://www.ledauphine.com/savoie/2013/07/25/plus-confortable-plus-jolie-et-plus-disponible-la-telecabine-de-toviere-sera-operationnelle-cet-hiver
snow report
Cable nearly done and I see cabins.... Very Happy
snow report
Quote:
I think they are going to open up the Tufs with bike racks
Which was the case this summer. IMO a big improvement for Val Claret residents in that it saves riding down to Le Lac to access the biking lifts.

Quote:
I see cabins
They are certainly putting the lift up at a pace! Snow forecast above 2700m this weekend Smile - so they'd better keep cracking on!
latest report
It's looking good, I can see all the gondolas waiting to be put on.

Those Frenchies can work fast when they want to.
snow report
HoneyBunny wrote:

More like those Austrians from Doppelmeyer
snow conditions
chocksaway, Laughing yep
snow conditions
chocksaway wrote:
HoneyBunny wrote:

More like those Austrians from Doppelmeyer

really? most likely Austrians made bits and pieces in AT, while Frenchies are digging and putting it together in France. Let's not forget - 2-3 inches of snow and the whole of the UK stops, while a 20-30 inches and Frenchies are cleaning it all up and the country runs again in a couple of hours Laughing
snow report
1st cabin on. Bet they want to get on with it as it must be a bit nippy at the top of Toviere snowHead
snow report
mooney058,
Quote:

while a 20-30 inches and Frenchies are cleaning it all up and the country runs again in a couple of hours

Have you been in Nord Pas-de-Calais when it snows ? Looks (and lasts) a lot like Kent Sad
snow conditions
ski wrote:
mooney058,
Quote:

while a 20-30 inches and Frenchies are cleaning it all up and the country runs again in a couple of hours

Have you been in Nord Pas-de-Calais when it snows ? Looks (and lasts) a lot like Kent Sad

could this be due to the proximity to Kent? Laughing I'm only joking.

Many of my stereotypes about people of different nationalities/countries were broken. Some things work better in the UK, some in FR, we tend to notice those issues that are different from these that we are used at home. If I had to choose, I would trust FR doctor more and rely on FR train service more than the ones from the UK. If I would need to choose a bank, I may probably go for an UK bank. I have friends both in the UK and in FR and although some things are done differently - there are not that many substantial differencies. I am neither FR or british, but get along very well with most of falks.
snow report
mooney058, I wasn't actually stereotyping (for once - and I admit my post could easily be read that way) more reporting the influx of Doppelmeyer workers into Tignes with every new lift (often in the Alpaka). Hopefully when its finished we will have a grand opening and fireworks (as we had when the Palafour opened).

Now for a stereotype - there are 450 000 French capitalists - 400 000 live in London and 50 000 in the Alps wink
ski holidays
Couple of gondolas hanging from the wires this afternoon.
snow conditions
Quote:

The problem with the original aeroski is that it had a low tolerance to cross-wind which is why it was often closed.

Is the new gondola going to be more tolerant of high wind I wonder?
I hope the Aeroski was given a decent burial as it served us well for a couple of decades. Wouldn't be surprised if they market the old gondola as 4 person studio apartments. wink
snow conditions
Quote:

Wouldn't be surprised if they market the old gondola as 4 person studio apartments.

Laughing Laughing
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Are those telecabins I see on the (partially dismantled Very Happy ) tennis courts in Val Claret? Where might they be bound (are they the old aeroski bubbles, perhaps)?
snow report
davehk, definitely look like the old bubbles
snow report
Quote:

definitely look like the old bubbles

Are they fitting balconies to them?
snow report
Nope. 2 sets of bunk beds in each Very Happy
snow conditions
Quote:

Nope. 2 sets of bunk beds in each

Found them advertised on skisardine.com...Apartments Roland Garros d'Aeroski. 'New luxuriously appointed cosy 4 person apartments. 360 degree panoramic views. Integral ceiling hatch for star viewing. Step straight from sliding doors onto sheet ice. Built in ladder to roof terrace. Swaying forbidden. Shock '
The 50 euro per person per night under-occupancy supplement is a killer!
snow report
Very Happy
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy