Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Any snow this weekend?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I am looking for a weekend away this coming weekend. Anyone know where there is any snow in Europe or am I being horribly optimistic??!! Puzzled
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Samski, Tignes glacier...I assume it's open?
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Samski, Currently I think Sass Fee looks the best with Zermatt in second place, also there is some skiing in Italy at Passo Tonale, France at Tignes and all the Austrian glaciers look good
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Off there in the morning (Tignes), yes it's open - cover could be better but there was some snow last weekend.

Otherwise there's Kaprun, Saas Fee, Zermatt, Les Diabs (weekends only?), Obergurgl (opens 17th?).
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
PS Samski, welcome to snowHeads! snowHead
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Any way more to the point of snow. what ever happened to shanky. didin't he use to give great weather knowledge. just wondering you know. as i wait to leave on dec 4th begging more snow to fall
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
We had snow above 1300m over the weekend here. Hintertux is claiming that the have good conditions right now, with all lifts open on the glacier. That's probably the best place in Austria right now!
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
A week ago, I had this report from the SCGB. It would seem that Austria was better placed at the time.

Ski Club Snow Reports

You know winter is truly on its way when the Ski Club Winter Snow Reports commence.

It's very early in the season, so only a small number of resorts are open for skiing & boarding, but the news on the grapevine is that it's going to be a 'brutal' winter with lots of snow! We'll be reporting on the snow conditions on Mondays & Thursdays until 21 November, when the daily snow reports will start. sponsored by:

Resorts Open:
AUSTRIA
Hintertux - 100cm snow, 13/20 lifts
Kaprun - 75 cm snow, 10/29 lifts
Kaunertal - 40cm snow, 5/8 lifts
Neustift - 70cm snow, 14/24 lifts
Piztal - 50cm snow, 7/7 lifts
Solden - 110cm snow, 9/34 lifts

FRANCE
Tignes - 30cm snow, 7/47 lifts
Les Deux Alpes (shut due to bad weather today)

ITALY
Passo Tonale - 65cm snow, 4/18 lifts
Val Senales - 65cm snow, 7/13 lifts

SWITZERLAND
Saas Fee - 78cm snow - 6/22 lifts
Zermatt - 65cm snow, 16/28 lifts

USA
Loveland - 40cm snow, 1/11 lifts

Looking at the update for yesterday, it seems that Austria is still the best place to go.

http://www.skiclub.co.uk/skiclub/reports/overview/default.asp
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Just one clarification, Les 2 Alpes has been shut anyway since last Tuesday, as it's the interseason there, in case anyone drops by thinking the weather might have improved!

Anyway that's my bit for the day, off to watch the BAST team train, it's a glorious morning here, and a slight frost too. About time!
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Samski, welcome to snowHeads! snowHead
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
There is a bit of snow on the top of cairngorm at the moment, should be a bit more, together with a bit of freeze thaw action upto the weekend, but it won't be enough to ski on Crying or Very sad .

See http://www.cairngormmountain.com/cams/image2.jpg
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Samski, conditions 'average' in Tignes today. Skiable, cold, but not a lot of snow and soon down to the ice in the limited areas set aside for free skiing.

Some photos
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
It looks like it really needs a good dump to start the season.
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Looks like some snow forecast this weekend down to about 2200m.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy