Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

I need new stuff

Poster: A snowHead
Well strictly speaking I don't at all but to maintain stoke levels over the summer where am I going to find that too good to be resisted bargain on something funky and interesting that I won't get to use for at least 6 months? The bar is set quite high by Conrad's 99 euro Coreupt liquidation last year. Yes I am on Sport Pursuit.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Wait for the DOWN pre-sale, their prices are pretty damn tasty the rest of the time, but in the sale you can get some seriously good skis for very good prices.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
we need to know what skimottaretts mystery bargain everyone must have purchase was.............
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
kitenski, this.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I need new skis, actually I want 2 pairs but can't afford any, but still.
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
I just bought a tent off sportpursuit (mainly garden use with my 3 yr old) and some proper gentleman farmer wellies (mainly for posing round the various fairs and shows in the summer)

Will be staying away from ski deals this summer

C'mon the summer
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
lynseyf, what are you after?
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
.... mmmm, sale shopping for ski gear in the summer .... strangely satsifying. Madeye-Smiley

Not to hijack the thread [he says whilst starting to hijack thread], but if anyone spots any cheap Smith I/O goggles, feel free to post a link. I was in Val D a couple of weeks back and found a place selling for £90 .... should have bitten the shop-keepers hand off. Ah well.
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
To aid this summers stoke, I now need to plan two (dad does the other) holidays!
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
I need a new BBQ. Next season's skis and clothing have been ordered and the winter diary is beginning to fill up, but it's the BBQ I'm excited by Happy
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
rob@rar, I got a weber 3 burner gas job this time last year (with vapouriser bars!!) for a song. It's been great - just had some yum venison steaks, baked potatoes and asparagus on it for tea
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
rob@rar wrote:
Next season's skis have been ordered

Funny how those who are all about technique and training are the biggest kit whores out there wink
[/quote]
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
I want new ski gear. I do need warmer gloves, but I have to keep persuading myself not to buy now.

I also want a kayak. But I don't need it - my friend has a two person kayak and I only ever go out with her Smile And not even that often Embarassed

I just want to shop and get excited about new things! But I need to save more that I need any gear, sigh.
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
fatbob wrote:
rob@rar wrote:
Next season's skis have been ordered

Funny how those who are all about technique and training are the biggest kit whores out there wink
I just like shiny things.
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
rob@rar, bbq get a Weber and send skimottaret this way to reveal his super purchase in march would you Smile
snow conditions
kitenski, looking at a Brinkmann charcoal BBQ, and I have no idea what skimottaret's super purchase was, but I think there are a pair of full-on FIS spec GS skis lurking in the corner of his ski shed intimidating him.
snow conditions
He posted a very cryptic message back in march I think about some fantastic in store purchase whilst in France....

Bbqs get a proper one, something like this will do the job nicely, especially as you like your gadgets

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Weber-Spirit-Premium-Black-BBQ/dp/B0028XJA6M/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&qid=1368124605&sr=8-4&keywords=weber+spirit&tag=amz07b-21

Myself and a friend have had the equivalent since 2010, even finished the Xmas turkey off on mine one year to free up oven space..
snow report
kitenski, I've got an Outback triple gas burner which is similar to that Weber one, but I want a charcoal BBQ as well. This is what I've been looking at, a fairly sturdy dual zone charcoal burner.

I shall quiz him about about is mystery purchase. It'll be some funky bit of ski service kit, I'd guess.
ski holidays
rob@rar, nice charcoal bbq, but why have 2?? I have a perfect wall outside to build a wood fired pizza oven just really can't justify it.....
snow report
kitenski wrote:
rob@rar, nice charcoal bbq, but why have 2??
To have the choice of burning meat with or without the added texture of ash and the delicate undertones of lighter fluid.
ski holidays
rob@rar,

My new Barbie.............................

Wait till you see the skis that go with this haute gamme cuisine.
snow report
Mosha Marc wrote:
lynseyf, what are you after?

Something which is a bit more of a ski than my 177cm S3s but a bit easier than my 177cm non rockered Auras, an everyday ski probably 90-100mm, I fancied the Blizzard One/Crush but it isn't made anymore, might quite like the Bonafide but probably don't want 180cm for everyday and 172cm seems short?

A long, fat, soft, rockered, fun ski for when there's new snow or lots of slush, was jealous the last time I was skiing of a girl on a nice pair of Shiros, she looked to be having a lot more fun in the slush than me and I was still having a lot of fun.
latest report
oh and stop talking about BBQs, is this not supposed to be a stoke thread?
snow report
lynseyf, The new sin 7 may fit the bill? I skied with someone at the end of march for a couple of runs who had a test pair, and he said they where a bit stiffer then old s3 (which i had on at the time) and looking at them the tail seemed to have less rocker but was difficult to tell.

I like my s3's so much, on the basis of that i purchased some new ones in the sales, i don't want them stiffer!! and in powder i like being in it and not on it, for example when i tried the s7 i just did not get that feeling, where with the s3's i do.
snow conditions
+1 for Weber BBQ's. We are veterans of BBQ's and have got through a huge number of different makes, inc. Outback. We currently have a Weber, and it is currently enjoying the longest life of any we have had so far. Even the burners show little wear after several years use (it is a gas BBQ). It is sitting on the old frame that came with the Outback one. That BBQ didn't last, but its frame was very good.
ski holidays
Thanks carroz, I do enjoy my S3s, a cross between them and the Auras would be just about perfect and was what i read the Blizzard One/Crush described as, will definitley be looking at the new Rossis though
snow report
lynseyf, have you spoken to spyderjon? My Missus was after something similiar and he had a few options ......
snow report
Quote:

A long, fat, soft, rockered, fun ski for when there's new snow or lots of slush, was jealous the last time I was skiing of a girl on a nice pair of Shiros, she looked to be having a lot more fun in the slush than me and I was still having a lot of fun.

Lynseyf-though they are the same width as the s3s (or near enough 97mm and a 16.5m turn radius in 177cm!)-I've been banging on about the Nordica Soulriders endlessly this season on theskidiva
Skied them every day apart from 2. I have tried s3s and I can honestly say the SRs are easier. Despite my height 5'5" I had a blast on the SRs all season and in all conditions. There's a really good review on blistergearreview...
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
I'm planning to get my back garden sorted this summer, and part of the plan is one of these: http://www.bradleysmoker.co.uk/
ski holidays
Just splashed out on a Sweet Protection jacket on Sportpursuit and doing my best resisting buying a new lid form the same brand.. I of course absolutely need both.. Embarassed
snow report
Perty wrote:
-I've been banging on about the Nordica Soulriders endlessly this season on theskidiva
Skied them every day apart from 2. I have tried s3s and I can honestly say the SRs are easier. Despite my height 5'5" I had a blast on the SRs all season and in all conditions. There's a really good review on blistergearreview...

Wow didn't think that would be possible Smile My problem with the S3s is they are a bit to easy! They will do me for now though as I still need to keep skis in 2 different locations but eventually I will get rid of them and maybe the Auras as well and get something more in between.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy