Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Vail Resorts & St Anton Tie Up

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
It'll be a helluva bus ride but an Epic pass for Vail Resorts can soon be used in the Arlberg and vice versa.

This just released:

Quote:
BROOMFIELD, Colo. – May 7, 2013 – Vail Resorts, Inc. today announced an epic partnership with the one of the most famous ski regions in the world, Arlberg, Austria, home to legendary mountain resorts of St. Anton, Lech-Zürs, St. Christoph and Stuben. The Epic Pass now features five free days of skiing and riding in Arlberg, bringing the total access to 15 world-class mountains in three countries and further enhancing the already exceptional value of the world’s greatest lift pass. Epic Pass holders have the opportunity to extend their winter from the U.S. to Europe—for the second consecutive year—and experience both Verbier, Switzerland, and now Arlberg, Austria, in addition to Vail, Beaver Creek, Breckenridge, Keystone, Arapahoe Basin and Eldora in Colorado, and Heavenly, Northstar and Kirkwood in Lake Tahoe. Boasting an average of seven metres of annual snowfall (23 feet), the Arlberg area is legendary among skiers and riders from around the globe as the cradle of skiing, revered for the world-class experience and innovation in the sport that it affords while maintaining its traditional, alpine character.

The unrestricted five free days of skiing and riding will be reciprocated for Arlberg season pass holders, allowing more European guests to experience Vail Resorts.
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I'm seriously thinking of focusing a US trip on Vail resorts( although with the exception of Kirkwood there is better terrain to be had) mainly for the Euro perks. Although I'd expect the Mountain Collective to be working on similar perks.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
fatbob wrote:
I'm seriously thinking of focusing a US trip on Vail resorts( although with the exception of Kirkwood, there is better terrain to be had) mainly for the Euro perks. Although I'd expect the Mountain Collective to be working on similar perks.

The missing comma is critical fatbob! snowHead
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
More:

Quote:
At only US$689, the Epic Pass is the best value on a lift pass in the industry.

Prices on Vail Resorts season passes are guaranteed for a limited time only, so act now. For more information or to purchase your pass, visit http://www.epicpass.com or find a Vail Resorts preferred travel partner in your local area, here.

Lowest Price Guarantee Only Available Through May 27, 2013
Skiers and riders should purchase their passes for next year now, as these prices and benefits are only guaranteed through May 27, 2013. Vail Resorts is also giving guests the option to lock in these prices with a US$49 down payment now with the remaining balance due in mid-September 2013. All passes are available for purchase on www.epicpass.com

So, about £450.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
fatbob, I'd assume you'd need to be a US resident???
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
kitenski wrote:
fatbob, I'd assume you'd need to be a US resident???

Nope I've had US season passes for holidays before now.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
kitenski, they'd sell passes to the Taliban. It's all about $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
And now The Canyons joins the Epic Pass:

Quote:
May 29, 2013—Vail Resorts today announced that the Company has entered into a long-term lease with affiliate companies of Talisker Corporation for Canyons Resort in Park City, Utah. Under the lease, Vail Resorts has assumed all of the resort operations of Canyons while Talisker has retained its development rights for four million square feet of real estate at the resort.
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
The deal we saw on our trip this year was was 689 dollars for a season pass in Colorado, about 7 resorts then 5 days in Verbier and another 5 in St Anton with just a 49 dollar deposit until later in the year. A cracking deal and open to anyone
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Vail has also added 5 days at 3 Vallees

" Aug. 28, 2013 – Vail Resorts, Inc. (NYSE: MTN) today announced an epic partnership with the largest ski area in the world, Les 3 Vallées, home to the legendary mountain resorts of Courchevel, La Tania, Méribel, Brides-les-Bains, Les Menuires, Saint Martin de Belleville, Val Thorens and Orelle, France. The Epic Season Pass now features five free days of skiing and riding in Les 3 Vallées, bringing the total access to 26 world-class mountains in four countries and further enhancing the already exceptional value of the world’s greatest lift pass. Epic Pass holders have the opportunity to experience the best of Europe and the best of the USA, with access to Verbier, Switzerland; Arlberg, Austria; and now Les 3 Vallées, France, in addition to Vail, Beaver Creek, Breckenridge, Keystone, Arapahoe Basin and Eldora in Colorado; Heavenly, Northstar and Kirkwood in Lake Tahoe; and new for the 2013-2014 season, Canyons in Park City, Utah"
http://news.vailresorts.com/corporate/france+is+now+epic.htm
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
They will probably soon add Park City to their empire too, if things go their way. A great pass if able to make use of it. Madeye-Smiley
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Bones, Ha ha - that saga is an all American tale of devious dealings, corporate cock-ups, outright lying and media manipulation. I find it a bit astounding that they were paying so little ($100-150k pa?) under the terms of an old mining lease for their land.

& the deal is getting pretty good now so that even for the Euro perks it pays for itself - approx £30 a day for Verbier, St Anton and 3 Vallees if you used them all.
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
fatbob, I know, unbelievable really, makes interesting reading though as the 'facts' are released Madeye-Smiley Seems its due to carry on for a while longer yet, and if they ever do run the mountain but dont have the base area and car parks Toofy Grin Toofy Grin Wait until PC and Canyons become one linked area Smile

I think this is really why they keep adding Euro resorts, they know that folks over here will buy, which really keeps the revenue rolling in. Can make sense for anyone wanting to roadtrip too in the US.

The Mountian Collective Pass is another great buy if thinking of skiing multiple resorts, I can see this ading resorts too, probably to combat the Epic pass.
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Bones, I think it's win-win the Euro resorts have something extra to offer their passholders and they re-inforce their position as Prestige Euro resorts in the US, free marketing to everyone that Vail hit in the US which is more or less everyone now.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy