Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

oakley A-frame lenses

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
cracked the hi-yellow lenses on my A-frames Sad

The replacement hi-yellow lens cost almost as much as the goggles - i'm just wondering if anyone has an opinion on whether clear lenses are as good as/better than hi-yellow in flat light/fog ??
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
bambi, Have a look here and play around with the different lens types in different conditions compared to the naked eye. It will give you an idea whether clear is as good or not. I personnally wouldnt having seen what its like without an enhancing lens.

http://www.oakley.com/innovation/optical-superiority/lens-tints
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
bambi, I haven't got hi-yellow lenses but do have clear ones. I just use the clear lenses for night skiing, they don't help in flat light.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
I use clear lens on my Oakley goggles.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
bambi, you can't beat the hi-yellow for low/flat light. If you send your cracked lens back to Oakley they'll replace them for a relatively small charge.
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Try Hi persimmon instead of Hi yellow they can be used in lighter conditions too.

In bad light the yellow ones give a brighter (and yellow) view, but don't give you any more useful detail or contrast than the persimmons.

Should be able to get either for about £50
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
spyderjon, what about ones that your wife helpfully cleaned with her lipstick laden tissue rolling eyes
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Ha or the ones I wiped with my gloves covered in Zardoz!!
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
bambi, usually good deals on fleebay
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
spyderjon wrote:
bambi, you can't beat the hi-yellow for low/flat light. If you send your cracked lens back to Oakley they'll replace them for a relatively small charge.

hmm.. depends what you call a small charge Happy Happy to replace them myself, but cheapest lens replacement i can find for a-frame hi-yellow is nearly £60.. if you shop around you can sometimes find new goggles for less than that. The clear lenses are about £30. I was thinking about light transmission - about 80% on the yellows, wouldn't it be near 100% on the clears?

anyway, the crack is right in the middle, top to bottom and currently covered in araldite Madeye-Smiley
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
rjs wrote:
bambi, I haven't got hi-yellow lenses but do have clear ones. I just use the clear lenses for night skiing, they don't help in flat light.

i'm not sure anything really helps in flat light Ris... Sad
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
bambi, when I wanted new A Frames with Hi Vis yellow and black iridium lens it was cheaper to buy 2 pairs of goggles; I gave the spare frame to a friend.
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
For % of light transmission, refer to http://www.evo.com/oakley-goggle-lens-color-tint-guide.aspx
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
[quote="bambi"]
spyderjon wrote:

bambi wrote:
hmm.. depends what you call a small charge........

IIRC they charged me about £20 but that was a few years ago. It's definately worth contacting 'em as I've know people get foc replacements for breakages even when well out of warranty.
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
i've emailed customer services at uk.oakley.com - will let you know what they say...
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy