Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Difference between Atomic slalom skis from 2012 & 2013

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Can anyone help?
When I ski I like to try a variety of equipment often changing 3-4 times a week especially when conditions change which means renting to achieve this. Over the last few years the wide selection of quality skis previously available to rent seems to be in decline and Im getting fed up with trawling the ski shops in resorts only to be offered equipment I don't want. So as the sales are on I thought I'd by some. Problem is, I'd like to get my hands on some 2012 Atomic race SL Ti skis but none appear to be available,
so, my question is; Has anyone used both the 2012 sl ti and the 2013 Sl Edge? how do they compare? is the 'Edge' with it's 'Piste Rocker' as precise and as good on ice as the SL Ti?
I know there are other slalom skis out there but I want the 2012 Atomic SL Ti or a very very close substitute as it suited me perfectly.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
alan price, have you tried ski bartlett, probably the only place in the UK that may have a pair
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
alan price, Wait for the Salomon LAB X Race SL 2014 same company different ski. Fabulous fast edge change really balanced grip, Lotus Elise of skis. Even nice as overall instructor ski.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Cynic wrote:
Lotus Elise of skis.

So what type of ski would equate to a Lancia Stratos Puzzled http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/9/96/Lancia-Stratos-HF-Group-4-%27.jpg

I would pay serious money for a ski that could handle/perform like that car Very Happy
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
stewart woodward, where do you fit the driving lights?
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
stewart woodward, more or less any REAL race SL or GS ski Wink DH and SG would be more in domain of some Nascar cars not rally cars Very Happy
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
alan price, I'm not quite sure I understand your predicament?

You mean, it's difficult to rent decent race-style piste skis but easy to rent other types? Depends where you are skiing I guess... although I <think> I've seen something broadly similar to what you're looking for in all of the areas I've visited this year (8 across France, Switzerland and Italy IIRC).

The Atomics you've mentioned are the "de-tuned" versions of the race SL ski and I'd suggest any brand's model of a similar nature will perform much as well.

I'd suggest the 2013 ski will feel little different from the 2012 ski.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
under a new name, Me too - if the OP is used to changing skis 3 -4 times a week to suit conditions restricting himself to a specific SL type ski seems shortsighted unless he expects the majority of his skiing will be short radius on firm pistes. If you're not fussy about the racing stripes there are usually plenty of performance piste skis available in rental shops and you're talking about a pretty high level of skier before you get to exploit the specific incremental performance in the rac eskis.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy