Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Which Scottish resort, Aviemore or Glencoe or....

Poster: A snowHead
Both?

Have the chance to go up to the Highlands for some last minute turns.
Which would be better for snow conditions?
I noticed snow is forecast in the next few days.

Thanks
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Mrs NBT, At weekend (including next Monday) my favourite would be Glencoe - in amazing shape for the end of April. Top half of the mountain just superb. During week only Aviemore is open.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
It'll be a weekend trip from Manchester. Quite tempted to hit aviemore first, ski Cairngorm on Saturday, then head on to Glencoe for Sunday and possibly a cheek Monday ski before the trip home. We've done mayday at Cairngorm a couple of time now but Glencoe's my fave little hill
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Latest GFS modelled Thursday into Friday fresh snowfalls are -

40-45 cm @ Glencoe
20-25 cm @ Cairngorm

Followed by light winds and sunshine across Scotland from Saturday through to Monday.

Of course, detail could and will likely change a bit, but for the meantime all I'll say is ... you couldn't make it up. Cool
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Shocked Shocked Twisted Evil

I might have to get the gladiators serviced if that much snow falls! Are you heading up this weekend Ross? Be nice to catch up if you are. I'll mail Bruce (OAP) too Smile
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Wow!

Also has anyone seen the snow they've had across Spain, mental?
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
moffatross, see you there Shock)
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
This thread has *already* been indexed by Google Smile
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
moffatross, I've been carefully trying not to tempt fate for the last 36 hours and there you go and blow fate right out of the water! Laughing
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Just sat in aviemore now, v heavy rain and temps down to 2 degrees whilst I was about 30 miles away.....
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Winterhighland, it's hard to look at the weather models that keep showing variations on the same theme and then to keep it all bottled up. Laughing

In answer to your original question, Mrs NBT, of 'either', 'or' or 'both', there is a rumoured chance of a third option at Nevis Range. wink My intention is to do a 3-dayer (tent and an emergency credit card if it's too cold for that) and a different ski centre each day would suit me fine. Cool Would be great to meet up.
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Annoyingly, I've woken this morning with a very sore foot - not sure if my big toe is broken or just badly bruised. Will see how it feels as the week goes on.

Assuming that I'm ok to ski, rough thoughts at the moment are Friday night in aviemore, then ski cairngorm on saturday before heading down towards Fort William. On sunday, if nevis is open, ski there, else head round to Glencoe. Sunday night we'll try to find a B&B in the glenco area, then Monday will be a short day at glencoe before heading home.

We'll be looking for hotels / B&Bs though, not camping.
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Quote:
Annoyingly, I've woken this morning with a very sore foot - not sure if my big toe is broken or just badly bruised.
Er, what the Hell were you doing in bed nbtToofy Grin Puzzled

For hotels, have a look at Hotels.com, Booking.com or Laterooms.com - can usually pick up a double/twin room for between £45 and £55 (Newtonmore, Aviemore, Fort William, Crianlarich, Glencoe etc)

Mrs MA and I are banking on some bank holiday weekend sliding (touring or lift assisted) - so everything crossed on the weather forecasts at the moment..... rolling eyes
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
nbt, Try the Clan Mcduff hotel. We've used it for our Scottish trips and it's nice and good value. Check the special offers page and call them directly for the best price.
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
At the moment I think I'm going to be west coast, plan is Cairngorm tomorrow and pos thursday then back for the mighty one and hopefully Nevis at the weekend. At some point I'm aiming to ski with nbt, Mrs NBT - be a change from peakpootling, and also moffatross etal. Would be good to meet up with fellow North Pennines officanodo mountainaddict and MrsMA as well. Glencoe looked great today on the webcams as did Nevis unfortunately had stuff to do today that's kept me off the hill.
snow report
AndAnotherThing.. wrote:
nbt, Try the Clan Mcduff hotel. We've used it for our Scottish trips and it's nice and good value. Check the special offers page and call them directly for the best price.

I stayed there at easter with my lad; really nice people and their lads a keen skier too. He talked me into driving to the Cairngorm on my last day and I'm glad I did.

Keeping my eye on the weather for this weekend to be honest Twisted Evil
ski holidays
Quote:
Would be good to meet up with fellow North Pennines officanado mountainaddict and MrsMA as well
oldagedpredator We could well be ski touring at Cairngorm at some point over the weekend (weather forecast permitting) - though we fancy mountain biking as well - so nothing definite yet until nearer the time/a more definite forecast.

Did you ever get round to any ski touring? I know you've said you could be heading westward but you're welcome to come touring with us at Cairngorm at the weekend. If so, you could hire the kit at Mountain Spirit (and possibly Braemar mountain Sports?) in Aviemore. None of the routes we ever do there are very gnarly/difficult and would be fine as an intro. tour.
snow report
Tried my ski boots on this morning and it was not a good result. Off to the docs this afternoon to get him to have a look but I am not hopeful that this weekend is going to involve skiing for me, which is rather disappointing Sad
latest report
Quite amazingly winter snow most of the day yesterday at Aviemore, plenty of snow around, not the traditional spring snow I was expecting until about 2pm when it softened!

Pics etc here

http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?t=90880&start=686
snow report
Thanks for all the tips everyone.
oldagedpredator, Would definitely love to hook up with you and the others, would indeed make a change from PooksPeaksPootle. Skiing pootle is fine although with nbt's foot being swollen and unable to get into his boots, it's looking like we'll miss our regular May skiing trip Crying or Very sad
snow report
Apparently I've got gout, of all things! Not sure what's brought it on as I'm not exactly known for living the high life, but the doc mentioned it could have been triggered by intense exercise with little water intake leading to mild dehydration - well I did a pretty big mtb ride Sunday (for me anyway - 26.2 miles, over 2100 ft of climbing) and only drank 1 small bottle of water during Monday's volleyball training session, prior to waking with a sore toe on Tuesday.

Anway the doctor has prescribed some strong anti-inflammatories and said it *might* be effective in time for us to ski, but I'm not very hopeful to be honest. In fact I'm quite peeved as I was looking forward to a Cairngorm - Nevis - Glencoe roadtrip.

BUM Sad
latest report
Bad news nbt, hope you're sorted soon. Anyway, the Scotland forecast is seemingly on a knifedge for the bank hol weekend. Winds could be up Shocked ....and skiing could be off Sad....see Winterhighland website for more details.

We're still hoping to get a day's ski touring in Confused
ski holidays
nbt, wow, bad job. Hope you recover soon.
latest report
Swelling much reduced this morning but still sore and slightly swollen. NO skiing for me till next season Sad
snow report
A real northerner would have just sucked it up and carried on!
latest report
homers double, He's become a bit of a southern softy since moving to Manchester from deepest darkest Lancashire. Anyhow you can't ski in't clogs.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy