Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Tibial plateau fracture type ii surgery anyone

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Anyone had this, what was your recovery like ?

Mine was on 6 march and i start weight bearing on monday 30 april. Thats after a bone graft and 4 weeks in plaster.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
yorkshirelad, I did mine on 1st April and another SH did hers about a week later. We have a thread running in the Apres Zone called "Snowhead down and nearly back up again". I don't know what a type ii fracture is but you can see our xrays and scars on various pages. I had a hole in mine which was filled with a compound. You are ahead of us recovery wise but feel free to join us over there.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
My son had this injury on 14 February 2012. He had a plate and bone graft put in. Recovery took some time. He was in plaster until 1st April and then in an air boot until beginning of June. He was partial weight bearing during the time he had the air boot on.
He had lots of physiotherapy which helped. We went on holiday mid July and he managed to waterski ok if a bit nervous. He was back on skis December just gone when he went on a uni ski trip and had no problems with the injury what so ever !!
We did have his ski boots remoulded as he now has screws that protrude a little at the back of his leg Smile
He doesn't seems to have any problems at all now and is back playing rugby as well !!
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
yorkshirelad,

Type II , if fixed well, should be upto skiing next season.
Physio +++ now
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Sounds good, thanks all, will have a look at the other thread as well
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
well, during treatment ive been on the following post op...anyone else had experience of these ??

Arnica.......... For trauma etc. Mild pain relief i think ...came off that after a week post op.
Calcphos. .....Aids bone repair ..satayed on that for 1 week as well
Atrosan. .......Herbal anti inflamatry...came off that 7 weeks post op
Urticalcin...... Encourages body to use calcium in right place. Ie not in the cartlidge ....still on it
Gluecosomine chondroitin. Helps repair cartlidge. Highest dose possible !!! still on it
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
What is the consensus of Gluecosomine chondroitin? I have been wondering if it is worth taking and if so what dose to take?

The reason I am interested is in the past if have torn my ACL (repaired and my surgeons comment was although there is some damage to the cartelage I needed it more than he needed to take it out), tore my medial meniscus cartelage on the other knee (had surgery and surgeons comment was he had to take more out than he expected from MRI) and recently I have hurt my orginal knee (suspected MCL strain) lots of Physio later managed to ski and I am now back to running at the gym (not quite pain free but it doesn't feel any more painful to walk the day after).
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
I was told that it works !!
I have two friends that take it to play squash, if they stop taking the tablets they notice it within a few days...same with an older freind, as the cartledge gets worn away etc. the drug helps to replace, but it seems its a gradual thing, no overnight cure.
My wife researched it and says one must take the highest dose possible for best effect.

as i'm hoping to go skiing again after my knee break i'll take anything on the off chance that it works.
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
yorkshirelad, thanks for that. Looks like it might be worth me taking it?
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
yorkshirelad wrote:
well, during treatment ive been on the following post op...anyone else had experience of these ??

Arnica.......... For trauma etc. Mild pain relief i think ...came off that after a week post op.
Calcphos. .....Aids bone repair ..satayed on that for 1 week as well
Atrosan. .......Herbal anti inflamatry...came off that 7 weeks post op
Urticalcin...... Encourages body to use calcium in right place. Ie not in the cartlidge ....still on it
Gluecosomine chondroitin. Helps repair cartlidge. Highest dose possible !!! still on it

No harm in taking it.... but there are no studies that consistently prove it is worth you spending money on it.

That doesn't mean the studies are completely ( 100%) misleading , but they are extremely unlikely to be wrong with about 95 % certainty.
Jonathan Bell
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
I suffered a tibial plateau fracture march 2011 in a super-g race. I was 44 years old. It was a type II and I had a plate and 7 screws to fixate it. I was on crutches for 10 weeeks with limited partial weight bearing allowed at 6 weeks.

I was running by August and in pre season training in september with emphasis on balance and plyometrics. I also cycled about 1500km during the summer.I was skiing November 2011 with a knee brace, but to be honest I was still nowhere near fully fit. I skied 60 days that season (I live in Sweden 40 minutes from the nearest ski area) and was a lot stronger by the finish than at the start.

The following summer I raised the bar. I cycled 6000 km and managed a 10k run in 50 minutes. I also started some lighter work with weights. By season start I felt confident to ski without a brace. Halfway through the season saw me back on a real GS ski for the first time. At the end of the season I raced a super-g. My final total was 80 skiing days.

This summer I have raised the bar yet further and added heavy lifting.I can deadlift 100kg and my aim is to get that to 120kg by season start. My balance work has continued and I can now stand for 1 minute on a Swiss ball, which is a fairly standard balance test for elite skiers.

I think the message is that anything is possible, but it takes time. Given that I have a full time job and a family I don't think I could have put more effort in. But I'm happy with the overall result.
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
hyperkub, Welcome to SnowHeads - great result for you (with a heck of a lot of work!). Both yorkshirelad and I are well on the way back too Very Happy
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy