Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Slightly OT - bills when you've been recovered off mountain? Specifically Chatel!

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
When in PdS ski area (Chatel) I always take the 'Snowrisk' insurance along with my ski pass (2.9 euros a day, covers you for recovery from piste to doctor), and few weeks ago had an accident which involved getting whisked off the piste on a sled in a body bag (so it seemed) and an ambulance recovery to the nearest doctors.
Husband turned up at the office of the 'Services des Pistes' as instructed, showed them my days' insurance, he thinks he was told there was nothing for him to pay, all she had to do was telephone the insurance company for a claim number, fax them over the docs, and tell them the costs involved in the claim. They would then settle it directly from the insurance company.
When back in the UK we completed the Snowrisk claim form, sent it off to Mondial with copies of the chitties from both ambulance and the guy who skied me in my sled down the mountain, and my insurance receipt from the skipass office.
I've now received a proper bill from Maire of Chatel, with highlighted text saying who I should pay and what reference number to use on the front page, but the second page (an invoice from Services des Pistes) has not only my details and how much is owed, but also in the top right hand corner, the insurance company address (Mondial Assistance) and cloaim reference number the 'Services des Pistes' gave my husband.
My French ain't all it should be so I'm confused about if I should be sending this bill to Mondial, or if it's just a copy for my records (!), or if they expect me to pay it and get the money back from Mondial....
Anyone any clues about how these things work?
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
sueb, usually there's nothng for the customer to pay and the lift company deals direct with the insurer, so the bill may just be for your information, but without reading the full text of the letter it's impossible to say. Best ring the insurer and ask what they want you to do with it.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy