Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

End of season ski bargains, you won't believe it :)

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Well you wouldn't Adam and Eve it !

We were actually considering making a table out of old skis !

And look what yours truly came across an hour or so ago, I could see that maybe they were "dumped" out of an apartment building, but as I started to load one set into the van a woman looked out from behind the window gesticulating to me, but she was in fact saying take what I wanted Smile

Classic 80's retro skis, with one set being the Iconic Rossignol 4G!

Lucky I have a huge garage here that needs filling up Laughing

snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Are those FKS turntables? Still indemnified? although guess only work on skinny skis cos of the brake issue.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
If those Looks on the Rossis are the all metal ones then free = very cheap!
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
I once mounted a pair of my stepdaughters "old" skis on brackets above my garage, put my old boots in the bindings and had some lovely planters. My wife and step daughter where not pleased
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
It gets worse, they obviously inter breed over night Shocked

snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
"Poubelle skis" as they're simply known in resort, as they're normally found lurking at the side of the bins - if so inclined you could make thousands of tables, chairs, probably an entire chalet from them. Normally be picked up by someone one season 'for a laugh' and then returned to the bins the next when they realise they're just taking up space...

fatbob, for the brakes on the Looks/Rossis, you could replace the brake plate with a wide one for around 80€ but I wonder how off the DIN reading would be at this age.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
albinomountainbadger wrote:
I wonder how off the DIN reading would be at this age.

I have seen pairs with broken springs in the heel piece, worth taking them apart first if Weathercam plans to use them.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
albinomountainbadger, don't quite agree with you on this - we've been having a discussion tonight with a couple of friends, who "God forbid" might know more than the average Snowhead about "things" and we sort of agreed that these were not, in your words "Poubelle skis" and that in a few years time, might not have been the best move to turn them into something like this....

When does "poubelle" transgress over to "art" / "histoire" ?

Says he who has a pair of ex rental wooden skis in his apartment Puzzled
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
They are poubelle skis by virtue of the fact someone was throwing them out... Go down the dechetterie if you want more, they will most likely have an area set aside for them and be more than happy to let you take them away.

Honestly though I've seen it many times now, a friend comes home bright-eyed with some great bit of kit he's found at the bins, it's sits in the cave for a couple of years and then gets thrown back to the bins. If you've got the space what the hell, I'm not saying you shouldn't. Someone has already put up a link to a site where people make furniture from reclaimed skis, so fair play to you if you making something from them. In all honesty though I think the above chairs are a pretty hideous example. Couple of snowboards for a table and two more for benches would be more like it, make a nice picnic/BBQ bench that. Happy

It's a great way to recycle though, this system of putting things in front of the bins rather than in them. My last pair of boots disappeared within half an hour and this week alone I've put two shelving units down in front of our bins (both now gone too). We used to do the same at the tip in the UK until the guys told my dad it wasn't allowed any more and we had to throw everything in the big containers even if it was still usable. rolling eyes
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
IWeathercam, i note two things.

1. The 4G was never iconic. Ever.

2. You are showing a nice 7S. The 7S was iconic. A truly splendid ski.
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Weathercam, are your "friends who know best" going to ski these skis and you post the video???
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
kitenski, funny you should comment on that, another reason why we might hold off chopping them up rolling eyes

under a new name, and yes I might be getting confused with the 4S Equippe - twas a long time ago !
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Someone up at Oulees has used a load of skis like these as a fence. As has the municipal parks department at Annecy.
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Weathercam, confused, maybe, wrong, certainly. No 4 ski was ever iconic. They may have been plentiful, but never marvellous.

The 7 s however, original turquoise 7S and gorgeous purple 7X were outstanding.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy