Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Scottish Snow

Poster: A snowHead
Might be booking the P&O next week Toofy Grin
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Bob,

I just use my Dads car when I am home (back in Helensburgh, makes the drive easier) but I'm not going to reveal it on the internet incase I have angered any other road users Laughing

That is some bad luck!! At least you got going in the end. Was it busy?
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
As already establised, Nevis was pretty perfect today!! The back corries were amazing.

Put a few nasty core shots in my missions though haha

Tried to look out for someone fitting your description Arv but no luck!
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Fergus wrote:

Put a few nasty core shots in my missions though haha

.. Thats made me a bit less confident about taking my hellbents out Sad where abouts did you do the damage on the hill?
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
The traverse out of the back corries was getting a bit rocky but nothing you couldn't avoid if you were being careful. Unfortunately I wasn't and did some damage. Take your time and you'll be fine.

Don't be a pussy Wink
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
arv wrote:

Don't be a pussy Wink

haha, can't help it.. managed to get through Italy without a scratch on 'em.. even the topsheet is clean and I skiied hard Wink can just see going upto scotland and shredding them to bits Laughing

oh well 189's are what I need Wink
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Fantastic day at Glencoe:

^Ski Patroller laying out some turns in the Main Basin, some bumps beginning to form near the tows.

Quite possibly the worlds most interesting blue?

^Skier in the Haggis Trap, Main Basin, Glencoe.

More pix and report: http://www.winterhighland.info/pix/pixalbum.php?pix_id=628

Also pix from Nevis, Glenshee and CairnGorm in the public reports.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
thats a blue Shocked looks more like off piste to me, are you sure a blue? rolling eyes
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Ricklovesthepowder, Yep its a blue but it had that little "ice cream scoop" out of it. Happy

Happy Valley and Etive glades were smooth all over. The spring run was amazing Happy Cool

Last edited by You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net. on Sat 3-04-10 14:48; edited 1 time in total
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ricklovesthepowder, you have just summed up skiing in Scotland Wink
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Fantastic day at Nevis yesterday. Some pics and reports http://www.winterhighland.info/publicreports/index.php?50,2208

^ Early morning powder on East Goose

^ Looking back up to Spikes, mandatory minimum 6ft drop in at the moment. Taken at 130 after 2nd lap. Only one other group had ventured down between laps.

^ View from Stob an Chul Choire back to Spikes and Summit Gully. Spikes is far right and Summit centre of the pic.
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Wow - thanks for the pix. Very Happy
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Glencoe Piste Map:

The Main Basin (Run M) funnels into the Haggis Trap a short distance above the tows before opening out into an open slope back down to the Top Tows. It can be avoided by exiting the Main Basin, skiers left to Happy Valley or skiers right to the ski tow gully, but that's cheating! Razz
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Just back from Nevis Range, i just wish the weather was the same as you guys experienced yesterday.

Visibility was horrendous, down to about 10 meters at times. Very flat light (obviously), not a nice day at all. Sad

Ended up leaving around 12.30, and looked like there were quite a few others doing the same
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Razer, was there much new snow? Thinking about heading up again tomorrow. The forecast suggests better weather than today.
snow conditions
razer_mtb, shame, yesterday was absolutely outstanding on the forecast is the same for tomorrow (from late morning onwards it is meant to clear). How were the queues?
latest report
Good day at Cairngorm today, light snow and poor visibility for first 2 to 3 hours at the top, although better visibiliity on the lower slopes. By lunchtime the sun was coming out occasionally, and the afternoon had some blue skies and sunshine. Madeye-Smiley
Would post some photos, but my hotel doesn't seem to have wifi, and my vodafone 3G dongle can only get an intermittent GPRS connection. Sad
snow report
HighRustler, great pics!
snow conditions
just looked on the MWIS forcast and its not looking good for the next few days, with increased temperatures for the west highlands and heavy rain Sad
ski holidays
Tomorrow looks like it could be a w inner. In 2 minds but don't think I can be bothered with the trip Laughing
latest report
I'll be at either coe or nevis tomorrow depending on what time I wake up...... Monday is looking like a wash out Sad
snow report
Watching the weather. If it is OK I will be over towards the end of the week.
ski holidays
I'm heading to Nevis tomorrow.

Gear is
Black Demon Helmet with Sundown Goggles. says sundown on the band
red haglofs thin paklite gortex jacket (or brown moah jacket)
Black columbia titanium sallopettes
red Lange Boots
Rossi Z10's
Dark blue/silver scott poles

Car is Silver Volvo S70 with big topbox on it. Just in case your there when I'm in the car park.

Hope to see you around.

cheers
bob
ski holidays
i'll lookout for you bob I have a snowhead's sticker on the back of my helmet... and I think i'll be on rossi Z5's tomorrow
ski holidays
okay i'll have a lookout.

1st time in nevis.
usually go to glencoe

cheers
bob
snow report
HighRustler wrote:
Razer, was there much new snow? Thinking about heading up again tomorrow. The forecast suggests better weather than today.

first time there this season, i've been at glenshee all year so i'm not sure on previous conditions but the snow cover was pretty good lower down, and excellent up top. back corries was closed so not sure about there. But it was snowing this morning and still coming down lightly when i left

ARV - all i can say is, what queues lol. place seemed deserted. although there were a few more people starting to turn up when i left, but this would be countered by the number of people leaving
latest report
Any thoughts on how good the snow might be next weekend? We were planning on the alps for a long weekend but may hit Scotland instead. Had a couple of great days at Nevis last month. Midweek forecast looks like rain and high temps for Inverness and Fort William.
ski holidays
You know when we are having a good season when someone is considering a trip to scotland istead of the alps, well in there foley,
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
I don't even want to know how good Nevis Range was today Sad
snow conditions
Went to the Lecht today. Morning was light snow and poor visibility, but the sun came out by 1:30pm and the afternoon was very pleasant. Madeye-Smiley
snow report
arv, It was good-ish in the morning. A fresh dump last night but visability was variable. The goose had 30cm of fresh powder on it Happy

In hte afternoon it cleared to give a beautiful day just like friday. Passing glencoe on the way back to glasgow I had a good look. Seemed similar conditions and not a cloud in the ski at 3.30pm.

Met II, briefly for about 30 secs when I was leaving.

II, sorry I couldn't stay. My legs were shot. Still suffering from toooo much exuberance on friday. Happy

Hope to see you next time.
I've got some pics on my phone. I'll post later.

Cheers
Bob
ski holidays
arv wrote:
I don't even want to know how good Nevis Range was today Sad

I'll not tell you then NehNeh

Bob, I may have missed out on the fresh tracks early on but the sun came out after I met you and and I think I made up for it Very Happy

Another great day at Nevis Range Very Happy
snow report
II, you need to start getting out your bed earlier Wink

glasgowcyclops, what do you think on the Nevis vs. Coe debate after today? Did you get a look off the back?

Did Braveheart run?
snow report
Friday, Saturday, Sunday at Cairngorm. Queues on Friday but lovely snow and glorious sunshine meant they ran the tows until 5.30 Laughing so the last couple of hours were great. The train didn't start until after lunch, neither did the west wall so all things considered the queues weren't too bad! Sunday had flat flight in the mrning breaking to sun shine after lunch. Today it was snowing and bad vis in the morning with another lovely afternoon, no bad queues either day unless you looked really hard for them Wink . I have the worst goggle tan ever, spf15 doesn't seem to be enough for the Scottish sun Smile

There is just an epic amount of snow at Cairngorm. The bridge round to the back of the Daylodge, which must have a 10ft drop to the river below, and waist hieght fences is completely covered so you can ski right over it without even seeing a fence Laughing
snow conditions
god i just hope it is still all there come 23rd April. Please dont let it all melt, end of the week is looking like rain and warm temperatures Sad
ski holidays
arv wrote:
II, you need to start getting out your bed earlier Wink

glasgowcyclops, what do you think on the Nevis vs. Coe debate after today? Did you get a look off the back?

Its a tricky one.
I was amazed at the cover on Nevis, however, apart from the overnight dump the goose didn't have a deep base. I think the goose is about my limit just now at a reasonable speed. I liked the wide open expanse and they piste the runs lot better at Nevis.

Glencoe has a firmer base and although they don't groom as much the runs are great and IMHO probably more challenging.

I'm kind of sitting on the fence. I'd like to explore more of Nevis first, however, in a nutshell. I like the conditions in Glencoe more, however, I prefer Nevis's wide open runs, especially the goose.

I definately need to get tuition on carving big turn on powder though. Happy

Quote:

Did Braveheart run?

not open in the morning but opened later.
ski holidays
Ricklovesthepowder,

dont be too worried:

http://saisncairngorms.blogspot.com/
snow report
barry wrote:
Ricklovesthepowder,

dont be too worried:

http://saisncairngorms.blogspot.com/

How deep is that at the top, must be 1.5 metres of fresh powder???
ski holidays
Great afternoon at Cairngorm today - sunny, great snow all over the mountain (harder at the top but lower down soft and at the bottom nice spring snow. The mountain is still absolutely loaded with snow and pretty much ski anywhere - awesome! snowHead

Back to work tomorrow ... but could be worse given the work is on the mountain Toofy Grin
ski holidays
Ricklovesthepowder wrote:
You know when we are having a good season when someone is considering a trip to scotland istead of the alps, well in there foley,

The Mrs reckons I've already skied far too much this season so I've got to try and keep the costs down. The lads I'm going with haven't experienced Scottish skiing yet. Ok Scotland isn't the Alps but good skiing is good skiing wherever you are Very Happy
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy