Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

La Plagne 2023/2024

Poster: A snowHead
But, at the moment, the drag is a good way to get back to the Champagny side if high winds close the big lifts.
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Partly agree. But there isn't any equivalent on the other side. And it doesn't start at resort level. My take is that the big French resorts are gradually removing drag lifts, except where they serve competition pistes. I can't recall many (any?) new ones over the past 30 years, but many that have disappeared.

And in particular they are taking out drags that cross pistes, to minimise collision risks. The Col de Forcle drag has an 'official' crossing of the Blanchets piste and an 'unofficial but frequently used' crossing by people extending the Rhodos piste to avoid the steep bit past Arolles. Removing it, or moving the start up the mountain, would give them the freedom to turn that unofficial bit into a marked piste.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
ecureuil wrote:
...And it doesn't start at resort level....

Yes, but it is accessible from the quite a significant area on the LHS of the map. Head across the top of Belle Plagne and sneak into the beginners area, up the mat then down to the drag. Beats going down to the mêlée at Bellecote.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
@altis, Shhh, everyone will start using that short cut Toofy Grin
It was of course more useful when the Leitchoums drag took you up over the ridge and thus straight back into Plagne Centre.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
boredsurfin wrote:
@altis, Shhh, everyone will start using that short cut Toofy Grin
It was of course more useful when the Leitchoums drag took you up over the ridge and thus straight back into Plagne Centre.

Just to clarify can you then drop onto the Champagny side from the top of that lift using Petite rochette ?

Think we've skied near the top of that drag lift last season but didn't notice where it started from from and wondered what the point of it was.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Jammy 07, yes, you can indeed get over to Champagny sector from top of Col de Forcle drag.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@Jonpim,
Perfect.

That could be very useful so thanks.

Also you don't happen to know which sectors are usually up and running on opening week do you ?

We've booked to stay in Plan Village (can cancel), but now I'm wondering how much of the ski area will actually be open. I'm taking 2 friends who are reluctant to visit France so need them to have a good time.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
@Jammy 07, normally opening week you will be restricted to the higher areas. So not the lower village areas and no connection to Les Arcs either. That is the downside but on the upside you get quieter pistes, no queues, pistes in good condition (usually) and a much more relaxed atmosphere all round as well as a cheaper lift pass and plenty parking spaces. Wider benefits are hardly any traffic getting in and out, Christmas shopping everywhere on the way down if driving (which we do)…I could go on.

You don’t say what sort of skiers you are but unless you want to be out all day every day there should be sufficient skiing for a very enjoyable week Very Happy
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
@rdsweb,
The initial thinking was that it would be quiet on the pistes but then suddenly the thought occurred what if half the mountain (La Plagne only) is closed and that leads to queues.

Anyway after your comments it sounds like it will be fine so thanks for that.

Also to clarify we're all keen intermediate piste skiers so La Plagne suits us, although we're happy have a go at the natural blacks if only to remind ourselves we're pretty rubbish and could do with some tuition.
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Also, Jammy 07, don't panic if the place seems extra busy on that first weekend (14/15).
They have recently taken to offering a cheap deal for that weekend which has been quite popular.
The resort will then quieten down come the Monday.
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
@Jonpim,
Thanks for the heads up and I'll pass on the info to my hyper critical mate who otherwise would likely be heading to the airport by Sunday night.

My own experience of La Plagne was feeling highly sceptical at first but by the of the week absolutely loved it. Will be interesting to see how I feel after second time around.
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Nearly midsummer's day and its snowing hard up at Roche de Mio
https://app.webcam-hd.com/webcam-station-la-plagne/roche-de-mio
(even more dramatic if you click on the "X" and go live)
Bet the workers are glad its a day off.
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Just walked up to the Col de Forcle today and it’s a hive of building activity with a huge crane , cement and reinforcing rods together with access tracks/roads . I fear my nice quiet run back to champagny via the drag lift and Geisha is going to be a thing of the past .
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
@boulevardier, That's bad news
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Looking at the master plan for the new lift. The col du force drag is now shortened just to access the competition piste. And you probably won’t be able to drop down to geisha. Blanchets then when open the blue track round will probably be the only way. Which sucks
snow conditions
Timg60 wrote:
The col du force drag is now shortened just to access the competition piste.

This is what some ESF trainers told me last winter, and Competition Stadium may move a little bit also
ski holidays
thierryd wrote:
Timg60 wrote:

This is what some ESF trainers told me last winter, and Competition Stadium may move a little bit also

Tbh I can live with that as blanchets is usually the quietest lift in Bellecôte. Just wish they would put another drag or maybe use the old glacier chair to add another link back to center. Would be great from the bottom of where the hut is on the left half way up collosus so you could access from blanchets.
snow report
Timg60 wrote:
thierryd wrote:
Timg60 wrote:

Tbh I can live with that as blanchets is usually the quietest lift in Bellecôte. Just wish they would put another drag or maybe use the old glacier chair to add another link back to center. Would be great from the bottom of where the hut is on the left half way up collosus so you could access from blanchets.

What I understood from my conversations is Ours may disappear into Stadium and Belle Plagne may take a portion of Stadium. This is why Col de Forcle will be almost dedicated to Stadium and shorten.
snow conditions
thierryd wrote:
Timg60 wrote:
thierryd wrote:
Timg60 wrote:

What I understood from my conversations is Ours may disappear into Stadium and Belle Plagne may take a portion of Stadium. This is why Col de Forcle will be almost dedicated to Stadium and shorten.

That wouldn’t be great as it’s a fantastic run. It’s bad enough that one of the best runs in center is reserved for stade. I understand that they need dedicated training areas but to loose more pistes is not great
ski holidays
Will see what has happened at the beginning of December
ski holidays
Timg60 wrote:
thierryd wrote:

That wouldn’t be great as it’s a fantastic run. It’s bad enough that one of the best runs in center is reserved for stade. I understand that they need dedicated training areas but to loose more pistes is not great

Yes Ours is a nice one but on the other side, last season Col de Forcle was packed as I never saw before and it was a real pain for skiers training on Stadium (at some point, they were saving training time by using Blanchets)
snow report
Hopefully only one more winter to endure Bellecote Eh oh! Eh oh!
ski holidays
its good they are replacing that long old lift system up to the top, but as far as i can work out it won't fix the usual bottleneck of Bellcote will it?
snow report
thierryd wrote:
Timg60 wrote:
thierryd wrote:

Yes Ours is a nice one but on the other side, last season Col de Forcle was packed as I never saw before and it was a real pain for skiers training on Stadium (at some point, they were saving training time by using Blanchets)

Not me. The math for Blanchets instead of Col de Forcle only works if Col de Forcle is taking a technical break and so isn't running, which unfortunately can be a regular occurence some weeks of the season.
It's almost 15 min to head up Blanchets at it's usual speed (not it's highest speed possible), as opposed to 6 min Col de Forcle, and there is lots more of skiing to be done to get to Blanchets both below the stade as well as above and so time to be lost.
On good days you get in about 11 runs in per morning, on bad days 4 or 5 (without counting the runs for placing the course, warm-up, and slipping the ruts). A draglift just for the stade de slalom de Dahu would be a dream for whoever is training indeed.
snow report
Work has started on the partial demolition and refurbishment of Hotel Christina in La Plagne Centre

snow report
Sorry to jump in on last years thread, but anybody local have an insight to when this seasons lift passes go on sale and if there's an early bird discount for either La Plagne local pass or Paradiski?

Thanks!
snow report
@ukoldschool, last year was 18th October. And discounts up to 6 November.

The running commentary was on the first couple of pages of this thread.
snow conditions
I don't know for next season early discount but if you want to know next season price, go there (starting page 14): https://www.laplagne-tarentaise.fr/wp-content/uploads/2024/02/deliberations-du-Comite-syndical-du-13-02-2024.pdf
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
24/25 passes will be available from around mid-October discounts at the same time keep an eye on
https://www.skipass-laplagne.com/en/

@thierryd, Thanks for that, quite interesting in its own way snowHead
snow report
~5% increase
ski holidays
With new prices is time to start next season topic: https://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?t=169836#5318062
snow conditions
thank you for the replies - very helpful! Smile
ski holidays
Worth noting ALL the La Plagne area both Villages and Altitude will open on December 14th 2024 - no mention yet of opening week discounts.
snow report
As the summer season continues with numerous events throughout La Plagne and the Valley the last snow patches smile down on us or perhaps its sympathy for those running in the 6000D marathon.

latest report
Hi, looking at the current (summer) bus schedule of region cars
from Aime gare routiere to Les charmettes at 11:30 and 17:45
and back at 13:40 and 15:55

Does anyone know if this bus runs more often during the winter season, compared to the current (summer) two round trips?

Thanks
snow report
As the summer season closes the snow starts ....
https://en.la-plagne.com/discover/ski-area/webcams/live-3000
ski holidays
Well done @boredsurfin!
You beat me to it. As a longtime Webcam Addict I did my usual perusal of Plagne Centre this morning, but failed to look elsewhere.
10 points to you Smile
latest report
@Jonpim, Was a mild surprise that you hadn't posted already Very Happy
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy