Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Scottish Snow

Poster: A snowHead
arv - Friday @ Nevis Range (green jacket, grey trousers, Whitedots)
Milnerhome - Saturday and sunday, Caingorm (Hellbents, blue camo coat and dakine pack)
Sharkymark - Friday at Nevis Range, Saturday and Sunday at Cairngorm (green jacket, black pants, black helmet, black backpack on Scott Crusades)
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
arv, is Nevis better than glencoe?

Bob Glencoe or Nevis on friday
Brown moah jacket (or thin red haglofs packlite)
black Columbia titanium trousers
red Lange boots
black rossi zenith 10's (cant miss the power arms)
Black demon helmet with sundown goggles the rainbow lens type

Last edited by Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person on Wed 31-03-10 23:20; edited 1 time in total
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
glasgowcyclops, I am going on the off chance something interesting opens although it isn't looking hugely likely IMV. Might not be able to resist stopping at Glencoe but I will try. 80% Nevis for now. Just depends... the Goose is enough to keep you occupied all day!

Milnerhome - Saturday and sunday, Caingorm (Hellbents, blue camo coat and dakine pack)
Sharkymark - Friday at Nevis Range, Saturday and Sunday at Cairngorm (green jacket, black pants, black helmet, black backpack on Scott Crusades)
glasgowcyclops (bob) - Friday at Nevis or Glencoe (Brown moah jacket (or thin red haglofs packlite, black Columbia titanium trousers , Rossi Z10s)
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
dont wanna rain on anyone's parade but if folk are talking about friday as in the day after tomorrow friday, then bear in mind that there's lots of digging to be done. As of about an hour ago the snow in the village in Aviemore is deeper than it has been at any point this season - and that's saying something! Just sayin kids dont be getting over excited this far out. We'll know more tomorrow - if they (the diggers) can get up there and stay up there then there's a fighting chance!!

ok ok, forget that, I'm hyper too Laughing Twisted Evil
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
barry, access roads and uplift don't tend to be disrupted in the same way at Glencoe + Nevis. I wouldn't recommend that anyone plan to hit Cairngorm on Friday.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
my friends coming aswell... hes what you might call a "boarder" you may be familiar with them?.. saturday and sunday at caingorm (green coat, red pants, black rome board, white oakleys)
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
arv, ya fair dues, i was meaning Cairngorm of course
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Seems like everyone is off to Nevis.

May go to Nevis and give it a go. I'll see how the cams look etc etc. Never been to Nevis so dont know my way around. Are th runs longer than glencoe?

glasgowcyclops (bob) - Friday at Nevis or Glencoe (Brown moah jacket (or thin red haglofs packlite, black Columbia titanium trousers , Rossi Z10s) black demon helmet and sundown goggles with rainbow tints.

just sussed the add to list memo Happy
cheers
bob
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
glasgowcyclops, I'd say yes especially if all uplift is running.

Piste map here.

M and N don't run anymore, at least not in the winter for M.
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
barry wrote:
dont wanna rain on anyone's parade but if folk are talking about friday as in the day after tomorrow friday, then bear in mind that there's lots of digging to be done. As of about an hour ago the snow in the village in Aviemore is deeper than it has been at any point this season - and that's saying something!

You are kidding me, seriously?!

That's my third WOW and second JESUS H CHRIST of the night! Shocked
Quote:
Just sayin kids dont be getting over excited this far out. We'll know more tomorrow - if they (the diggers) can get up there and stay up there then there's a fighting chance!!

ok ok, forget that, I'm hyper too Laughing Twisted Evil

Hyper nah! I'm calm as anything me ...
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
straight up rog, my waist high garden fences and walls are all but gone Shocked
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
barry, without photos your claims are useless Toofy Grin
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
BTW, dunno what I'll be wearing but probs Sat/Sun a green Arcterix jacket and black Marmot randonne troosers - I guess I'll be on Atomic Crimson TIs over the weekend (but probs will have family in tow), after that on Line Prophets and in Ski School uniform, gotta teach snowplough backwards y'know Very Happy

Will be at a mate's party at the Cairngorm Hotel in Aviemore on Saturday from around 9pm so if you are thinking of being over that way send me a PM and I'll send you my mobile number and you can text me.

Will obviously be out again skiing Sunday snowHead
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
arv, Laughing Laughing
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
barry wrote:
straight up rog, my waist high garden fences and walls are all but gone Shocked

Well b*gger me with a fence pole (if you can find it)! Laughing
snow report
I think I remember there being a bus from aviemore to Caingorm mountain, me and my friend will need this for one day as we'll be without transport during that time.
Does anyone know how much it is?
Where it stops?
What are its times?
snow conditions
ok a quick snappy off the phone, garden drops away between hoose and shed whereby the shed windae sill is at about shoulder height to me when standing in the garden

http://picasaweb.google.co.uk/lh/photo/_h-ZnEKVzrDRakfjG9EQOw?feat=directlink[/img][/img]
snow conditions
barry, Very Happy
ski holidays
Friday at Nevis sounds like a plan to me. (looks like I'll be calling in sick to work)

glasgowcyclops (bob) - Friday at Nevis or Glencoe (Brown moah jacket (or thin red haglofs packlite, black Columbia titanium trousers , Rossi Z10s) black demon helmet and sundown goggles with rainbow tints.
Fergus - Green Jacket, Blue pants, mirrored goggles, scott missions
latest report
milnerhome wrote:
I think I remember there being a bus from aviemore to Caingorm mountain, me and my friend will need this for one day as we'll be without transport during that time.
Where it stops?
What are its times?

this is due to mine and milnerhome's total lack of coordination between us, lol. We were only 1 week out in our meeting up arrangements!!! please someone help them out and give them a bloody lift lol!!!
snow report
barry, fookin 'ell! Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked
snow report
milnerhome wrote:
Where it stops?
What are its times?

What day you needing a lift?
snow report
barry wrote:
ok a quick snappy off the phone, garden drops away between hoose and shed whereby the shed windae sill is at about shoulder height to me when standing in the garden

http://picasaweb.google.co.uk/lh/photo/_h-ZnEKVzrDRakfjG9EQOw?feat=directlink[/img][/img]

we want more pics!!!!! how much do you think there will be up top mate, got to be 1m plus surely???
snow conditions
i'm done with you lot, it avvy'd in the back door onto my bare tootsies when i was takin the photae Mad Twisted Evil Laughing
ski holidays
roga, It'd be the Friday 9th.. morning and afternoon

Ricklovesthepowder, "Minor glitch" qoute of the day wink
ski holidays
go to the front and take one then lol!!! I think me, milnerhome and his mate will be up there on Sat9th if you still fancy a meet up barry, them two will be there wed, thurs and fri but i get there and will be skiing on saturday if you still up for it?
ski holidays
Ricklovesthepowder, apparently the avalanche observers pitted at 1.75 metres fresh today about two thirds the way up, that was at least as long ago as late afternoon, it's snowed a lot since then, some of the yokels are saying more than 2 inches per hour for a while now (sorry for mixing units!)
latest report
Ricklovesthepowder, from Whitegold...

Quote:
Estimates I have seen today range from 60 to 90cm of wet pow at resort level, with fresh drifts of 100 to 200cm up top.

Sounds like conditions will be epic.
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
arv wrote:

Quote:
Estimates I have seen today range from 60 to 90cm of wet pow at resort level, with fresh drifts of 100 to 200cm up top.

I can hear the hellbents chattering Wink Laughing
snow report
milnerhome wrote:

Ricklovesthepowder, "Minor glitch" qoute of the day wink

Well if i was to actually tell everyone on here that for the past 2 hours and some 20 PM's later we were all sorted for an amazing ski weekend we only figured out at the last minute you thought it was this weekend when in actual fact its the weekend after, people would call us a right set of spanners!!! Im sure it will be something we will have a laugh at whilst sinking the 6th pint down in Roo's leap ( bar in aviemore) a week on saturday!!! Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
snow conditions
arv wrote:

Quote:

A certain part of my body has just gone all hard!!! sounds awesome!!! Why was i panicing 3 days ago and asking would all the snow be gone by the weekend of the 9th april!!!
ski holidays
barry wrote:
i'm done with you lot, it avvy'd in the back door onto my bare tootsies when i was takin the photae Mad Twisted Evil Laughing

Classic Laughing Laughing Laughing
milnerhome wrote:

Ah, can't do Friday but there should be the bus or standing at the side of the road with thumb stuck out usually works pretty well, I kid ye not! Very Happy
milnerhome wrote:
I can hear the hellbents chattering Wink Laughing

They're gonna be epileptic at this rate! wink
latest report
check out the A9, look hard enough, its there somewhere!!! click on the camera icon. http://trafficscotland.org/lev/ snowHead
snow conditions
roga wrote:

I think there will be a fair few needing to take the bus up on Sunday Morning it they are not to risk their licence! snowHead
ski holidays
Winterhighland wrote:
roga wrote:

I think there will be a fair few needing to take the bus up on Sunday Morning it they are not to risk their licence! snowHead

Ah, the voice of reason! Razz
ski holidays
Good grief, I can see stuff on the Cairngorm webcams! Very Happy

Unfortunately what I can see looks to be a buried funicular track - big dig part 3 here we come! rolling eyes
latest report
Even if they dig it out in time it will probably be windy or covered in cloud.

Ignore me I'm just jealous, I hope the weathers good for you boys.
ski holidays
Nevis looksa a bit bare on the webcam.
Anyone got an update on the width of the runs.
snow conditions
glasgowcyclops, the upper runs were fine prior to the latest snow so they can only have freshened up and improved, the Nevis Range snow report is suggesting that all runs are complete now but many thin lower down - from the webcam it looks as if the runs back to the gondola top station only have a centimetre or so on them but I could be wrong. Glencoe looks to have caught more snow to be honest but from what I can see the areas that have benefited the most are, once again, Cairngorm and The Lecht - seems to be the recurring story of the season! Glenshee is looking much better between the fences but wind scoured elsewhere.

tiffin, I know you are lol Wink Should be decent weather tomorrow, snow on Saturday and decent again Sunday, in time to enjoy the new snow from Saturday - be very jealous! wink
snow report
At Nevis Yokies and the Allt Sneachda will be the way to go for getting down the lower slopes. On the Goose stay in the Gully to the bottom of the tow, that's where the good deep base is.

CML estimate the Glenmore Gates will open at 11am, but carparking will be limited to just the top level of the Cas Carpark initially with two way traffic on the down road - fairly narrow cut so drive with care!

Glencoe SSC cams back on and looking good, Plateau didn't catch much due to wind direction but Mugs Alley filled well and the Main Basin made impressive gains, very promising for late season with a good solid deep base already on both top tracks.

If skiers keep turning up, Glencoe will remain open 7 days, but may revert to a mid-week break if needed to keep the season going longer. If people keep skiing, the lifts will keep turning as long as the Main Basin Tows can run. Very Happy
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy