Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

The Arlberg Snow Report 2013/2014 (Post Season 50cm New Snow :-)

Poster: A snowHead
dulcamara, Yes it was cold & snowed in the US but all in the
wrong place.

Thr Rockys & Californian Sierras have been very very dry & low on
snowpak. Lake Tahoe resorts & Mammoth would be pretty much closed withoutt snowmaking.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
kb36 wrote:
Small problem, I will be on a board

Then my advice still applies wink
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
franga,

Everything (lifts) Open (except Sonnenkopf closes 22nd) till the end (27th) because Easter is late this season.

If you need more there open round the valley in Ischgl till May 3rd.

Last edited by Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see? on Wed 5-03-14 14:59; edited 1 time in total
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
franga, no doubt Stanton will correct me, but from memory they might close the beginner lifts in Nasserein early, but that's about it.

Sonnenkopf closes a week earlier than St Anton and I'm not sure about the lifts in Lech/Zuers, but I've never known any major lift in St Anton close until the season end date.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
stanton wrote:
samw,

Plenty snow until end of season April 27th. Then the real season starts Very Happy

Btw. It is March air temperature does start to rise so no surprise.....

This forum could do with a like function

snowHead
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
[quote="sah"]
kb36 wrote:
Small problem, I will be on a board

Then my advice still applies wink[/quote

I suffered them two years ago at end of March and it was hard work on the legs, would rather they weren't there at all but guess that may be inevitable
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Thanks stanton and sah, I really hope that they don't close the Nasserein gondola as we're staying in Nasserein plus travelling with our 6 / 4 year olds.

Thanks for the info as always.
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
franga wrote:
Thanks stanton and sah, I really hope that they don't close the Nasserein gondola as we're staying in Nasserein plus travelling with our 6 / 4 year olds.

Thanks for the info as always.

Nope, that won't happen!

I remember one year when the snow was lacking, the run down to Nasserein was *very* thin by late April, so worst case you might have to take the gondola down. I thin even then it was technically open, but not nice.
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.

http://youtube.com/v/Av9RRUp7sbs

http://youtube.com/v/M_BtQ1SrScg

2014.01 - Sankt Anton Am Arlberg from jrom
http://vimeo.com/87390189
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Folks. Sunscreen weather all next week!
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
What do you expect conditions to be like on the piste?
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
groomed in the am

slush bumps in the pm
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
We've just arrived in Lech - stunningly beautiful blue sky so Spring skiing is the order of the day, and unfortunately, for the next 6 days according to the forecast. Hopefully this high will breakdown. There looks like plenty of snow so that shouldn't be a problem, but would be nice to get some pow some time in the next 11 days. Sooner the netter in fact Madeye-Smiley
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Do you think it will be heavy slush in afternoons?
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
kb36 wrote:
Do you think it will be heavy slush in afternoons?

kb36, south facing slopes, yes, north facing slopes maybe not...
ski holidays
Oh marvellous, guess it will be over to rendl in the afternoons then
ski holidays
kb36, or Stuben, or Warth.....
latest report
Will Defo be down at stuben, hope to get over to warth but need to watch for catching transport back
snow report
Guys - is Warth definitely worth a day out if we're staying in St Anton? What are the logistics (how, when etc)?

Thanks
snow report
Getting to Warth is easy enough, just like getting to Lech. Ski to Alpe Rauz, jump on the free bus to Lech, ski down to the Wiebermahd and jump on a gondola over to Warth. We've either taken the Schlosskopf lift then the Petersboden in Lech to get to the Wiebermahd (on a busy day, lift queues were big at the Schlegelkopf, hardly any at the Schlosskopf, just stay on the bus a little longer) or the Schlegelkopf then Petersboden.

Just don't forget when heading back on the Wiebermahd you need to go through the middle station and not get off, myself and a friend had a good laugh when everybody else in the gondola got up and off before realising their mistake. Make sure you leave time to get back either to Lech where you can pay and get the post bus back to St Anton, or to get to Lech, free bus to Rauz and then up Valfagehr.
snow conditions
Sitter, thank you Smile
ski holidays
http://www.vol.at/lawinenabgang-in-zuers-am-arlberg-zwei-personen-verschuettet/3884909

Sorry a bit late in reporting this.

Two people from Vienna caught in an Avalanche in Zurs on Thursday.
snow report
Lech is very fine Spring skiing right now. Fabulous corn in the sun off-piste, and still good snow on anything pointing north. Groomers held up well until about 2pm. Dunno what it'll be like if this sun keeps up for a week, but right now its great fun.
latest report
Very warm this week & a high freezing level sometimes above 3000M.

Next week will cool down . No snow in forecast yet.

Sunscreen is mandatory Very Happy
latest report
stanton wrote:

Sunscreen is mandatory Very Happy

Oh yes, some lovely lobsters walking round resort at the moment!
snow report
Rendl seems to be the place to be at the moment, not just seasonnaires up there soaking up the rays, but plenty of holiday makers too. Quite a few up Kapall this morning, quieter in the afternoon. Lovely spring conditions, most people seemed to spend the morning skiing, late ish lunch then an afternoon on a terrace with a few beers enjoying the sunshine.
ski holidays
We mostly skied Zurs today. The Hexanboben side stayed pretty firm all morning. pistes were good, but you had to be selective off. After lunch the skiing off the Seekopfbahn side was delightful and springy, with even something resembling untracked pow (5 days old) if you hunted. Pistes were excellent, and the Madloch back to Lech and down to Zug were in fine shape.

Think we'll hit Stuben in the morning. Should be hanging in well hopefully ...
snow conditions
Snow Alert. This weekend winter returns!
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Another summer ski day Very Happy

80's group Hot Chocolate were playing at the HospizAlm last Saturday night.
latest report
Folks the weather situation is changing..

Sunday we will see lower tempeature with quite a lot of rain below 1500M

Snow higher up

Unbrellas needed in town.

Next wee warm weatber will return with freeze level around 3000M.

Today it is another very warm day. Long Weekenders are in from Germany & Holland.

Slides (diwn to the earth) are being released on the sunbaked South facing Schindler & Matun
snow report
Very mild tonight in st Anton. Some high clouds may prevent snow refreezing. Take great care off piste tomorrow. There were a lot of avalanches today. Season doesn't look like will have long to go here
snow report
Have spend the week in Warth and have had such a fantastic time, sunny warm spring skiing, super long days and loads of op opportunity even late afternoon, what a gem of a place - love it, definitely back next season. If this is what Warth can offer in a poor snow year we can't wait for a normal one! The link to Lech/ Zurs is awesome, some epic lines there too. Thanks Matt D for today's routes......first time me and Dan have had to belay off a offpiste run. Brilliant!

Packed up and ready for early start for day in Sonnenkopf tomorrow then round to St Anton......a week in Arlberg, so ready to hit the back-country in our favourite place.

Don't believe all the stuff about the warm weather, the pistes are in great condition, op is great if you know where to go, and the days are long and sunny........happy days! Toofy Grin
snow report
peanuthead,

Folks we have more than enough snow to see the season out.

Today. Significabt drop in tempetature. Rain/ Snow has not started ye
But clouds are rolling in. Should start a bit later today.

Pistes are excellent shape.

Off piste away from main ski area north facing slopes in colouirs still powder but
Avalanche danger is very high.

There have been quite a few fights (directly after apres ski 20.30 onwards) in town the last few days.
A young English group violently attacked some older middle age (non english) people near the Galzigbahn.

An employee of one of the mountain Apres Ski bars was attacked by a group after work downtown.
ski holidays
Some of the holiday clearance type places have had some cracking looking deals for St Anton for the week of 5/6th April.

Any reason in resort why this might be? Having done Easter school holidays for a good number of years St Anton rarely comes up with decent last minute-ish deals. We just need to find a deal where they have rooms for 3 as most seem to be twin rooms.
snow conditions
Quote:

There have been quite a few fights (directly after apres ski 20.30 onwards) in town the last few days.

A young English group violently attacked some older middle age (non english) people near the Galzigbahn.

An employee of one of the mountain Apres Ski bars was attacked by a group after work downtown.

Did they round up the idiots and lock them up?
latest report
hammerite wrote:
Some of the holiday clearance type places have had some cracking looking deals for St Anton for the week of 5/6th April.

Any reason in resort why this might be? Having done Easter school holidays for a good number of years St Anton rarely comes up with decent last minute-ish deals. We just need to find a deal where they have rooms for 3 as most seem to be twin rooms.

I guess because Easter is later there is a lull in bookings in early April. Plus the fact that there is a (mistaken) belief that April is too late for skiing. Sounds like you might grab a bargain!
latest report
Have been a few fights during après too from what I've heard involving a variety of nationalities. Also somebody who I believe is still in jail following an accident on piste about 2 weeks ago. Piste patrol were coming down Kapall after a skiier who was skiing fat too fast and recklessly for the conditions. Between the top of Mattunbahn and the top of Nassereinbahn he hit a snowboarder, resulting in her being airlifted off the mountain. Thankfully nothing too serious (broken arm requiring surgery) but the skiier was arrested, had his lift pass taken off him and a fine for, IIRC, €5000 issued and has to pay the rescue/medical costs.
snow conditions
Quote:

the skiier was arrested, had his lift pass taken off him and a fine for, IIRC, €5000 issued and has to pay the rescue/medical costs.

snowHead more of this is needed. I wonder if his insurance (if he had any) would pay up? Probably not.
snow report
Def more of that needed! Just back from first week in St Anton and never come across so many idiots on the piste in over 20 years of skiing. Was last week particularly bad or is the place always like that? I was nearly taken out by a British guy skiing like a tool down Happy Valley late one afternoon and I wasn't exactly dawdling - when i had a chat with him when he next stopped, he informed me it was my responsibility to look up the slope for skiers coming from above!! Decent skier too - should know better Sad

Anyone any idea of an avalanche death near Pettneu earlier in the week - Tues we heard? Same day we were in that area with a guide doing some avalanche training and interested to know more details of location. Rumour was they pulled the guy out in 2 mins as his arm was exposed but already dead through massive trauma.
latest report
It was a huge one on the Grieskopf. German Ski tourer.

http://m.kurier.at/chronik/oesterreich/tourengeher-von-lawine-verschuettet/55.594.945
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy