Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Plans for 2011-12 season

Poster: A snowHead
Campitello over Christmas for a week then looking for a 2 week SC appartment for 6 at the kiddies half term.

Also trying out my Go Pro so expect some sick* footage shortly.

*may not be 100% accurate.
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Richard_Sideways, you're not the only one. I'm a mere mortal with average income and full-time job. So my season will never be more than one week away and a further short break if finances allow. Snowheads has a large proportion of members who live and/or work in the mountains or who are retired/semi-retired and can spend lots more time in the mountains. One day that will be me (I live in hope!).
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
queen bodecia, while the kids are young we're happy to pay the premium for the services of Ski Espirit. In a few years time, maybe budget will stretch further, but for now we're one-week-warriors. Hopefully Jnr2 will take to snow as well as his brother did.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Going to be out in Chamonix from Jan to March this year with a few mates coming and going. Let me know if anyone wants to ski or just drink some beers. J
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Nothing booked nothing planned - all getting rather depressing, sorry
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
GM (based in Flaine) in Feb currently.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Just thought I'd say I got my first day skiing in for the 2011-2012 season. A ski mountaineering descent of Snæfell an 1800 odd meter peak in Iceland. snowHead
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Boxing Day 7 nights in Cervinia. Diet already started, gym starts soon!
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
now booked to les arcs in Jan. Hurray!
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
going to be in val d'isere from january-end of season...booya
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
A week in Gstaad
A few. Days in tschiertchen
Six or seven weekends in Hasliberg
A road trip to ischgl or lech
Spring powder on titlis

I'm already impatient
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
nixmap wrote:

Your slaves getting it easy this winter?

...Sorry slow pitch couldn't resist. Sounds very enviable - the benefits of being within short driving distance.
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Easter in Flachau snowHead (prays for snow 1st week in April....)
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
holidayloverxx, Is that the earliest you can make it? Sad
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Vallandry for my first Season Smile
sooo buzzzing!
latest report
Samerberg SueNo, but it's the only week I can take my 16 year old niece with time off college - complete beginner so hope she enjoys it. Hoping for a week in Feb
snow conditions
None of the usual crowd I go with want to go away this time, and I didn't manage to get away last year either! So I'm going to either plan some solo trips of tag along to some of the snowHead bashes Smile
snow report
Russeh,
Quote:
i just found out that Chambery Airport dosnt let ski boots on has hand luggage! very annoying but at least i found out now.
Some Nastyjet passengers out of Bristol wore theirs, so maybe that would work for you?
snow report
Just booked the apartment for Sauze. Cant wait now!
snow conditions
End of November is the PSB with you lovely people in Tignes.
First Weekend of Feb is Les Arcs/La Plagne with work buddies, staying with MountainSun in Les Coches.
Definitely no family trips for me this year!
I'm really excited as they are both resorts that I have never skied before - not that I have done that many ski areas as I'm a bit of a creature of habit Happy
ski holidays
sbirring wrote:

Definitely no family trips for me this year!

Is that a good thing? I cant think of anything better than blasting down reds chasing my 8 year old son.
snow report
December-Whistler

January-Tingnes

February-Somewhere with the Mrs, have a two week window in which to go 'somewhere' so will hang on and see what deals are around last minute if my nerve holds!

March-St Anton, stag do!!
snow conditions
January - somewhere. Waiting to see where it's white (and hopefully cheap)
latest report
Quote:

Is that a good thing? I cant think of anything better than blasting down reds chasing my 8 year old son.

I've got 3 daughters, aged 15 (who is visually impaired), 10 and 2. I've taken them to Les Gets for the last two years but to be honest they just don't love it enough to justify the extra expense and stress of going at half term. I might go again when the little one is 5 as I'd like to give them the opportunity to have a go (wish my dad had been so generous!). Also I end up having to shuttle them all backwards and forwards between lessons when I could be on the slopes.

The thing that made my mind up, was finally getting to do a run with my wife while my sister was babysititng. She moaned and groaned the whole way down a beautiful blue run Evil or Very Mad

So this year I have booked two trips for less than a fifth of the cost of one family trip and I reckon I'll get 3 times as much slope time Toofy Grin
snow report
Moving to btwn Morzine and St Jean D'Aulps in 78 days..... for 4.5 months snowHead
snow conditions
Just booked a week in La Tania with boyfriend for week of Jan 4th. Woo!

He's just learning and will be in ski school in the mornings. I'll keep myself occupied, but it'd be nice to have some company. Anyone around that week that fancies a morning blasting around some reds?
snow report
Maireadoconnor, welcome to snowHeads snowHead Have a great time Very Happy
latest report
Plans were in the process of being made for me and the missus to head out to Meribel 2nd week in Jan.

Stayed in Les Menuires last year but ski'd over to Meribel to meet and spend the day with family/friends. Loved it, definately my new favourite ski area.

Things were looking good, found some great deals on accomodation and the EuroStar was all but booked... then she informs me that she may have to travel away with work that week. Its one of the few weeks I can get away in the winter and it crossed my mind more than once to go 'stag'..! (I kid, she would totally kill me)

~Mac
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Maireadoconnor,

hi there, my wife and i are there from 2nd jan were blue/red skiers, send me a pm if your interested in catching up,do you like a drink though !!! am partial to a 11 o clock sharpener,just a half
latest report
Oh blast, I'm a fool - that's not when I'm in La Tania at all! What the hell was I on about?

I am in La Tania the week of the 21st jan. 21st! Must make sure I don't get confused when it's time to go!

Sorry phillip33 - maybe another year Madeye-Smiley
latest report
Nadenoodlee, handy for the Carrefour then Toofy Grin

Me? Jealous?

Les Gets Christmas & New Year. La Giettaz March with friends and then Les Arcs with a sneaky 'good to break the drive on the way back' few days in Les Gets in April Cool
ski holidays
Should be a nice and busy winter for me! All kicks off in Tignes with 3 weeks of GS training. Then off to a Eurotest somewhere to hopefully pass!
Working with ESI Chatel from December 18th when our season here kicks off. Level 4 BASI Tech/Teach exams in Hintertux in May. So should have plenty of work and my time off will be spent making sure I am well prepared for my exams!
Really looking forward to it, we've just had our first snowfall from 1700 upwards aswell today and I was out on my DH bike!
Very Happy
latest report
fatbob wrote:
nixmap wrote:

Your slaves getting it easy this winter?

...Sorry slow pitch couldn't resist. Sounds very enviable - the benefits of being within short driving distance.

Actually for once no serious volunteers, my place is empty for christmas & new years. What a waste!
snow report
Off to Kitzbuhel with the Mrs on Jan 14th, They got Downhill goin on Smile
latest report
Niseko, Japan in January
Winter Park, Usa Late January/feb
Zermatt in March

Will try and sneak another trip in to the alps somewhere depending on snow!

Bring on Winter 11/12

Very Happy
latest report
Not booked anything yet (we've usually booked by January what we're doing the following winter!), but we'll be going on 23/24th December for a week. Then going again on 31st March for a week. Hopefully Italy as I've never been skiing in Italy before.
ski holidays
Lou, totally didn't pick it because of that...... ok maybe I have an unhealthy love of french Supermarkets......
latest report
phillip33, Dont worry Phillip I'll have a beer/magnum or two with you. Still waiting on confirmation from work, but should be a done deal. lots of love to you both. Tumble wink
snow report
So far

mid december - 1 week Tignes.
Christmas and New year - two weeks Sella Ronda
mid jan - weekend in austria
29th jan - one week Sauze D'oulx
14th Feb - 2 weeks Arraba
8th march - 1 week japan
21st march - 2 weeks Les Orres
6th April - 1 week Obertrauern
30th April - two weeks Hintertux

may fit a few others in.............. Laughing
snow conditions
Jan - a week in Montchavin with three ski buddies, so as much of La Plagne/Les Arcs as we can ski!

Feb - a week on Chamonix with my football team, a week of carnage!
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy