Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Have you ever been in a fight on a mountain?

Poster: A snowHead
A few years ago in LDA, my brother drunkenly told some French lads to "stop talking so loudly in that annoying language". Needless to say they took exception to this but, on realising my brother was part of a large group of blokes, they managed to hold off the punches. Instead it triggered an enormous snowball fight.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Chalky, The only place I have ever felt threatend was in L2A. A group of us geriatrics were walking back to our hotel from a very nice meal at the Blue Salmon adn a large group of lads in their late teens/early20s were also walking. One jumped in front of me and screamed something in my face. Agenterre speaks the lingo and was very shocked, so much so that he would not tell me what was said. He was very angry but we sauntered on our gentle way. A day of skiing on ice on the glacier, a day of riding Tbars, and a lifetime of dealing with drunken knobheads meant I knew instinctively to smile and move on.

Some have said here that folks would only bat someone because they are bigger. I am a BIG bloke and have NEVER struck anyone first (apart from a little love tap on a rugby pitch), in fact have never stuck anyone (off the pitch) in any format since I left teenagerhood...many years ago.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Scarpa wrote:
paulio, I love your sense of humour. Please tell me that you are a cute athletic goth biker chick who climbs and skis and possesses pert breasts.

Sweaty, red-faced, hairy computer programmer with pert moobs.

Will that do?
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
paulio, Laughing Laughing Laughing

Only my devotion to The Bloke prevents my being tempted!
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Lucky escape.

I'd ruin you for normal men.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Agression (even verbal) can go wrong.

Skiing with an instructor with very "clear" views in Fernie over Christmas, on a very crowded run (unusually so for there) with people being funelled in by poor snow and rocks. A skier came through the crowd at speed - he couldn't realistically have stopped if he had needed to. Instructor sees him coming and shouts at him as he's going past (with a couple of beats between each):

"Too fast"

"There's rocks"

"You'll smash your kit"

"You're stupid ..."

Skier disappears around the corner.

Five year old who had been skiing towards us stops dead in his tracks, looks at the instructor and bursts into tears.
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
A couple of years ago I (female) was standing innocently at the side of a piste here in the Pyrenees admiring the view, when a small, wiry old woman skied up to me, babbled something angrily in French, punched me visciously on the arm and skied off. I had to fight my urge to chase after her and punch her back. To this day I have no idea what she said or what I had supposedly done!
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Mountainbug, presumably you are young and pretty and she was raging against the dying of the light Little Angel
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
If you are the right person no shouting or physical violence are necessary.

A friend of mine was skiing with an off piste (TopSki) group which happened to include a French government minister who had had a lot to do with protecting French guides.

Entering the Face du Charvet the guide avoided an area near the top and came out into the main face a bit lower than usual due to avalanche danger. A group came stupidly onto the slope above them, threatening them - provoking angry shouts from their own guide which were ignored, so they partially retreated out of the way.
When the group came level the minister skied accross to them, had a quiet word and skied back.

My friend's group skied on. Some time later they got to the bottom of the Face and the other group were still standing where they had been left.
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Frosty the Snowman, yes a red mist does descend when skiers/boarders threaten the kids....I have certainly shouted abuse at various folk who have cut up my son and stopped a French Boarder for a chat last year- I was actually very polite.

The attitude of people who crash into you is important- a sincere apology could almost never result in an angry response- but a 'sorry' followed by giggles to friends has certainly resulted in a frank exchange of views.....
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
in kitzbuhel last jan me and a mate were skiing down a particularly steep black. i was ahead and raced down to the bar at the bottom. when i got there i realised my mate had fallen as it was really icy. i could see him clipping his ski's back on when some nob of a racer straightlined towards him and turned shaply deliberatly covering him in snow as if to say what the hell you doing stopping mid piste. I immediatly lost it as what he just did was lethal, what if he fell on the same ice and took my pal out? that would def have required a visit to hospital via chopper! i immediatly kicked my ski's off and downed poles while keepin an eye on the lycra wearing tw@ and ran over with the intention of smashing him but luckily for him he turned off down a different run just before where i was waiting...

As for lift queue etiquette, just stand your ground and give as good as you get if not better. them frenchies will learn one day
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
last week Some idiot boarder ran into the back of me just after I had got of a lift. I was at the side of the piste next to a snowdrift so no idea how they managed it. it hurt like hell but didn't knock me down, they were lying on the back of my ski's so I reach down and grabbed hold of them giving them a few choice words about whatching where they are going

Trouble is in snow gear its very hard to gauge how old\what build people are. turns out it was a girl in here twenties, who was pretty startled by it. I end up apologising to here and helping here up much to the delight of my wife

fighting on the slopes is for chavs and should really be avoided if you can

but if someone runs into your kid\wife and tries to leg it without a sorry, or not check if they are ok then that out of order
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Chalky wrote:
A few years ago in LDA, my brother drunkenly told some French lads to "stop talking so loudly in that annoying language". Needless to say they took exception to this but, on realising my brother was part of a large group of blokes, they managed to hold off the punches. Instead it triggered an enormous snowball fight.

i would have given your brother a slap just on general principles if i was nearby, do all british dickhaeds travel in packs?

Quote:
but if someone runs into your kid\wife and tries to leg it without a sorry, or not check if they are ok then that out of order
would you get into a physical with the offending party in that instance?
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
mark_20vt wrote:
some nob of a racer straightlined towards him and turned sharply deliberately covering him in snow as if to say what the hell you doing stopping mid piste. I immediately lost it as what he just did was lethal, what if he fell on the same ice and took my pal out? that would def have required a visit to hospital via chopper! i immediately kicked my ski's off and downed poles while keeping an eye on the lycra wearing tw@ and ran over with the intention of smashing him but luckily for him he turned off down a different run just before where i was waiting...

I wish you had been able to teach that guy a lesson! Not only a foolishly dangerous thing to do but what sort of person sprays snow at a stranger who has fallen over. That is the right of friends and possibly family, obviously NehNeh

I generally just grumble loudly when people do silly or obnoxious things but if i ever get into a fight i am going to make sure it is against a border who is still attached to it on some very flat ground. I'd like to see him keep up with me there Very Happy
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
skimottaret,
Quote:

i would have given your brother a slap just on general principles if i was nearby

Fair enough, it was rude. In his defence, he was trying to stick up for a lone English girl that was being hassled by these French lads.

Quote:

do all british dickhaeds travel in packs?

Yes we do.
latest report
skimottaret

I am not really one for handing out "piste justice" to be honest, I have lost my rag a few time with idoits on slopes but only in a verbal sense. If I wanted fights I would stay in leeds, whilst on my hols I try to avoid them if possible. 90 % of the time its some idoit kid who thinks that after 2 weeks on the slopes they are business.
latest report
ajbaldwin,
Quote:

that is the one for me that would potentially set me off, especially if chuckling to their mates afterwards as a few have mentioned.... Im not advocating fighting, just wondering what others think and have experienced....
snow report
skimottaret, I think it is impossible to call. Such a situation would force the mind into unknown territories. It would induce instant rage in most folks and I don't think I have ever been in such a situation in my very brief 47 yrs.
ski holidays
As far as violence goes, the worst that can happen is that the person you hit can fall, hit their head and die. That's a problem for you even if you didn't throw the first punch. But as Frosty says, you never quit know how you will react in times of stress and anger.
ski holidays
PJSki wrote:
As far as violence goes, the worst that can happen is that the person you hit can fall, hit their head and die. That's a problem for you even if you didn't throw the first punch. But as Frosty says, you never quit know how you will react in times of stress and anger.

That's the best thing that can happen. It means you've won.
ski holidays
a fellow rugby player I knew (but not a friend) got hit once, out side Joe Bananas pub in HK, fell and hit his head on a curb and died, and whilst his life was lost the life of the lad who gave a dig was also ruined. something to bear in mind when giving those teenagers a dig on the slopes Shocked
ski holidays
Is it OK to get stuck in if they're wearing a helmet?
snow report
paulio wrote:
Is it OK to get stuck in if they're wearing a helmet?
LOL! Very Happy
snow report
Had a close call in Chatel a couple of years ago when a boarder decided to wipe me out at speed. I managed to grab him in what I can only describe as a bear-hug after he collided with me whilst (for reasons best known to himself) he did a fancy twisty jumpy thing in near zero visibility. When we came to a stop about thirty feet down the slope after doing multiple rolls we must have looked like a tangled mess.

After I let him go he did his best to throw punches at me however as I had lost my skis during the grapple and he was still firmly stapped in to his board it wasn't really a fair fight! One push and he was another thirty feet down Laughing

I think the force of the push brought him to his senses (or maybe he saw the size of may mate who brought my skis down - think Chewbacca) and he slid away shouting what sounded like fluent scottish.

We spent the rest of the week calling eachother "bawbags" Laughing Laughing
snow report
Hey man, way to aggressive in here..

During the maddays (main season) in St Anton when the Brits are all out for a fight for stepping on there skis & the Swedes dont stop after a collision its always useful to carry a small cs or pepperspray shots (easily available in Switzerland). A quick blast with one of these soon shuts them up Very Happy
snow conditions
stanton, Or spray it behind you as you flee the scene Laughing
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy