Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Ideas for a big North American trip

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
abc wrote:
away from Niseko, there’re often powder just by the side of the run that goes untouched for half a day!

Word!

http://youtube.com/v/adjVlcTkVtk
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
paulhinch wrote:
I'm thinking of a big North American trip (maybe next year but probably the year after so planning well in advance - particularly with the way lift passes seem to be priced etc).

Any suggestions for places to consider.....criteria for me would be: -
* Snowboarder friendly
* Not insanely busy (we've all seen the Mammoth Opening Day videos and I'd just turn round and go home if I went somewhere like that).
* Very different to Alpine Europe in terms of both resort feel and the types of runs available (I'm thinking potential for BIG powder days, crazy cold etc).

OK, bit left field, but if you really want a different experience then I’d heliski in Canada. It’s not cheap BUT it’s also not insane particularly if you do it with a group.

A lot of people assume that heliskiing is only for experts but that’s not the case; with wide skis and untracked powder a good intermediate will still enjoy it. We had a couple in the group that went with CMH a little while ago and they were put in a separate group and had a blast; they did the bowls rather than the steep or trees.

I have to say that, for me, it was my best ever ski holiday … and definitely completely unlike anything anywhere else … literally over 1million hectares of mountains to ski and no-one else within your view.

If you’re going to have to save up then I’d suggest saving up for a potentially once in a lifetime experience like that.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy