Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Lift tix Europe vs US

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
For what it is worth - both Epic and Ikon now have alternatives to their season pass products, the Epic Day Pass and the Ikon Session Pass. These are 1 to 7 day (Epic) or 2 to 4 day (Ikon) passes that can be used at different resorts anytime during the ski season. The price will vary depending which set of resorts you want (Epic has 3 tiers), number of days, and if you want to use them on holidays. Price per day ranges from $80 (that's a guess) to $130. Yes, they need to be purchased in advance, the cutoff is the same as for the season pass products.

These were created in response to the more casual riders that could not justify a full pass. As an example, my niece and her husband are new to the sport. They live in Texas and were invited by friends to share a condo in Steamboat last January. They knew they would take one day off, so they bought 3 day session passes for around $375 and skied a Friday, Sunday and Monday. $375 is way better than $1079 (full Ikon) or roughly $750 (full window). Certainly not as good as a resort in the Alps, but $125 a day is not bad.

Yes, you need to buy in advance. But the market for these are the people travelling from out of state for a long weekend or a week trip. Everything else - plane, ground transportation, lodging, is booked in advance so also booking lift tickets is not a big deal.
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@blueroom, Wish I had known about this! Really thought I had done my research - secured my tahoe local pass back in april/may - this would have potentially been a good add-on to enable us to ski a couple more hills during our 2 week trip
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
btw, check this one out.. 550km of slopes and almost 180 lifts.. tons to choose from, various resorts in the area
about a 1000 euros for a season pass

https://www.zillertal.at/en/winter/holidays/zillertal-superskipass.html
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
eaglesandsnowboarding wrote:
btw, check this one out.. 550km of slopes and almost 180 lifts.. tons to choose from, various resorts in the area
about a 1000 euros for a season pass

https://www.zillertal.at/en/winter/holidays/zillertal-superskipass.html

Not as good as the Tirol Snow Card, which includes 3 or 4 glaciers and skiing from October to May! Toofy Grin

https://snowcard.tirol.at/

We bought one a few years ago and had a great season!
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
This isn't strictly related but probably of interest given the subject. Mentions IKON passes as well as mom and pop hills. I've never skied in the US so it was pretty informative.

https://thehustle.co/powder-and-profits-the-economics-of-ski-resorts
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy