Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Annual Insurance

Poster: A snowHead
In relation to Nationwide Flex, I phoned them when I was going to be in the US for longer than their normal cover period. They extended it without problem and it was not expensive. That being said, for family reasons, I needed to stay longer still and because I was already out of the UK NW would not extend it further. They determined my reason for staying was not an emergency. I ended up with a US health cover policy which was really cheap. But then I knew I would not be skiing for the remaining time.
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
skimottaret wrote:
If you strip out cover for loss of equipment, theft, delays etc and are concerned with medical issues and injuries I struggle to see why you need more than EHIC and local cover to get you piste rescue, ambulance and repatriation to home as per Carte Neige in France. Am I missing something?

The extreme cases where you need to be operated on quickly I reckon, then "looked after" before getting repatriated. I broke my femur many years ago, I can't remember the total costs but they were eye watering! They sent a medic up the hill to stabilise me & give me drugs (weather was too bad for a heli), then splinted up my leg, got me into some smaller cat track back to the gondola, ambulance to the local Swiss hospital, was there a week before safe enough to fly home, then had an nurse to accompany me on the flight back to the NHS.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@kitenski, yikes that was a rough one!... I have no experience of Swiss rescue insurance but Carte Neige does say repatriation is part of cover. I think lesson for me at least is to double check local insurance covers repatriation and ski touring. Carre Neige Seasonal insurance for a reasonable €49 a year seems to https://carreneige.com/en/nos-offres/carre-neige-saison/

Who provided the cover in the end for your accompanied flight back to UK? I get a fair amount of questions from clients on insurance, be good to have a real world example... (hopefully you won't get broken with us in December Smile )
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
@skimottaret, everything was covered by my insurance policy in the end - can't remember who it was with as it was back in 1993!! They also paid for a 2nd op to remove all the metalwork back in the UK.

snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
holidayloverxx wrote:
@robs1, so, do snowcard know that the trip they are covering does not start in the UK? Its a thing....

Bumping this as its important. I suspect that robs1 is not covered for his final week
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
another gotcha we had with a family where one daughter was studying in Paris and met the rest at the ski resort. She had an accident and wasn't covered as all parties didn't start the holiday from the UK and together.
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Layne wrote:
Just had my renewal from LV.

Up from £175 to £244.

That is for a family of 4 and for Premium cover.

Hefty.

£60 per head seems pretty reasonable to me still. Europe or worldwide?
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
holidayloverxx wrote:
@robs1, so, do snowcard know that the trip they are covering does not start in the UK? Its a thing....

I assume they dont and I will check that they are happy, still have time to cancel within the cooling off period
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
@Dave of the Marmottes, Europe

Mrs hit 50, son hit 18, so maybe that has something to do with it.
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
well Ive had a reply and they wont cover us for the last week, thank you for those who brought that up, time for plan B
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
@robs1, ask snowcard to quote for the whole trip
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
holidayloverxx wrote:
@robs1, ask snowcard to quote for the whole trip

Yes I have waiting for a reply
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Layne wrote:
Just had my renewal from LV.

Up from £175 to £244.

That is for a family of 4 and for Premium cover.

Hefty.

How so little? Mine went from 243 to 345 for premier cover. Frustrating, as it's one of the only good options for off piste.
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
@tccambs, your dodgy lol

But seriously, no idea but at least I can see the size of my increase isn't personal.

And yes, the good off piste cover is one of the reasons I use LV - there are certainly cheaper options for those stay on piste.
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Just realised I had worldwide cover. Changed to Europe and I'm £5 less than you, so you're the dodgy one Laughing
ski holidays
@tccambs, Laughing
snow conditions
under a new name wrote:
@pam w, indeed.@DaveD, I am not at all convinced that @phil_w is unusually wealthy, he just makes his own considered choices.
Which most of the time is probably fine. Until he has a collision where the other party gets a Schumacher type injury, is held 50% responsible, and gets a bill for say €100,000 a year for the next 30+ years. Sad

Third-party liability is where things can get really expensive, so where insurance is essential.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy