Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

France: Les Arcs 2011 / 2012

Poster: A snowHead
Had a great day with Snowcrazy doing several superb off piste runs in La Plagne. The morning run down to Champagny was brilliant and worth the
trek through avalanche debris down to the bus stop. The day ended with La petite face nord de Bellecôte. There was a long powdery run from the top,
tapering off with some more crusty snow and then some better snow on the narrow path down Nancroix, where we had a welcome drink before getting the bus
back to Peisey.What a fantastic day!
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Pleased you enjoyed the day Vivpalm, here are my two favourite pics from 'yesterday' Very Happy . Did not get home in time to post a report last night, but one word describes both yesterday and today, Twisted Evil AWESOME!! Twisted Evil Will post the ones of today later. More pics of all the routes on my facebook page in the photo section. Enjoy! snowHead

(Yes, we really skied from the top of that mountain all the way off piste to the bottom of the valley behind us! Toofy Grin )

Last edited by Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person on Sat 14-01-12 23:28; edited 1 time in total
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
snowcrazy wrote:
(Yes, we really skied from the top of that mountain all the way off piste to the bottom of the valley behind us! Toofy Grin )

Yes, truly awesome day, by far the longest I've ever skied without using a lift.
Very Happy Very Happy
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Not sure if the phrase 'car packed' or 'house empty' is more appropriate but ready to leave in about 2 hours. To all those travelling down this weekend have a safe journey. To those not travelling out skiing....... NehNeh NehNeh NehNeh
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
thefatcontroller wrote:
Not sure if the phrase 'car packed' or 'house empty' is more appropriate but ready to leave in about 2 hours. To all those travelling down this weekend have a safe journey. To those not travelling out skiing....... NehNeh NehNeh NehNeh

Hope its as good as it looks.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
thefatcontroller, between you and snowcrazy, please be kind and try to leave me even a slither of virgin powder to have a go on. I'm a powder virgin and eagerly want to pop my cherry! Laughing
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
blahblahblah, Me too as we going out tomorrow flying from BHX. Cant wait to try out the Les Arcs App, Myski so i can see how fast i have been, distance and altitude.
https://market.android.com/details?id=com.lumiplan.montagne.LesArcs&feature=search_result#?t=W251bGwsMSwyLDEsImNvbS5sdW1pcGxhbi5tb250YWduZS5MZXNBcmNzIl0.
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
surfski, downloaded that one... and MyTracks, Endomondo, AlpineReplay... I feel a product test coming on...
Wonder how many I can run at a time on the phone...hmmm.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
surfski, Will give it a go. 3 weeks for me, but was not going skiing this year so chuffed.
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Arctic Roll, no offence taken, Mr Roll. I bought off plan in Hammeau from Intrawest and introduced one or two innovations - well, at least I like to think I did. If any of you other 1950 dwellers were offered a set of dividing doors between apartments, that was my idea what they 'robbed' (admittedly, after I robbed the idea from 1940's US movies about hotels). I requested that they include a small supermarket when the plan was initially not to have one. I suspect that it was the pressure from other buyers that forced the issue but I like to think I got it put on the table!

We may well have met up at some point – if you are around in the next three weeks, I’ll be around at various times. PM me if you want to meet up some time. It's going to be a very interesting time for the 1950 owners next year/season!!

The temps are local average guestimates off Meteo de France for Les Arcs.

And you, sideways, you IT weasel - I've got my eye on you. Carnivorous rodent competiton for virgin snow will not be tolerated. I've already dealt with the Marmots, so be warned!
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Richard_Sideways, thanks for mentioning those Apps. I have now downloaded them onto my phone and will try them out too.
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
snowcrazy, was that La Plagne Couloir Canadien you were doing or another route? Sounds like a freaking great day. I want to see if I can link up with the bottom of La Plagne Couloir Canadien from the back of Grand Col - I think it's possible but only with some serious back country work that I am prob too unift for at present.
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
RattytheSnowRat, you know the rules, there are no friends on a powder day. snowHead
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Sideways, duly noted snowHead
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Driving out tomorrow morning - bring on the snow snowHead
snow report
Another great day with Snowcrazy. We went to La Plagne and took a long scenic route to Montalbert, taking several detours on the way, down a
few couloirs and across some powder fields. We had an excellent lunch at the Omlette restaurant and then headed home via Bellcote mid station.
Once back in les Arcs, we headed straight to the Altiport and enjoyed several glasses of vin chaud. This was an excellent end to my hoilday as I head
back to the slopes of Hemel Heamstead tomorrow!
ski holidays
Lurker here, due to Les Arcs 2000 later today with a group of 8. Cannot wait, so excited. will try to post some photos if the WiFi is on in the chalet!
snow report
"Driving out tomorrow morning - bring on the snow" kamikaze, you didn't really think that sentence through, did you? Mind you, given your chosen pseudonym, maybe you did ..... Hope you get through anyway.
ski holidays
vivpalm, Pleased to hear you enjoyed all we have done over the last few days. Hope you have a good drive home. From all the photos I took on Thursday, here are three that I like. Toofy Grin

So many places to put fresh tracks, what a winter! Jan 12

Another face all to ourselves! 12 Jan

The end is in sight! Petit North Face. 12 Jan

Plus a couple of others to make people think before going off piste! Evil or Very Mad Look what we found out of sight half way down the route.

I new about this from scouting the route earlier, always check out where you are going with the pisteurs and have the right safety kit! Jan 12

Another slide, I would not want to be here in the afternoon! Jan 12

If you want to see more pics from our day out take a look at the photo section in the Les Arcs Winter facebook page.

Last edited by You need to Login to know who's really who. on Sat 14-01-12 23:49; edited 3 times in total
ski holidays
I will post pics of yesterday later. Having the afternoon off now and going shopping Sad Yuk!
ski holidays
Flying out tomorrow morning and on the slopes Monday.... Yipppeeee! I can't wait! Very Happy
ski holidays
Just arrived in 2000. Never seen so much snow in Bourg let alone 2000. Can't wait for tomorrow.
ski holidays
Got this from the webcam yesterday - looks fantastic

snow conditions
ringingmaster, If i look hard to my left from our balcony I can see it. It is very, very white out there..Cool Cool
ski holidays
Yesterday we skied over to the Forperet Restaurant near Mont Albert for Lunch. On the way we managed to find a little untracked snow and on the way back we had a good run down the valley below the Bellecote on the new Black piste which is now open. Today I just went to the opening of the new Mont Blanc Chair and came home again so no pics. More to come tomorrow when we are out skiing around Les Arcs. Very Happy

Here are the pics I liked best. It is very cold outside so the snow should bond well and give a good base for the next snowfall. snowHead More pics in the photo section of the Les Arcs Winter page if you are interested.

Last edited by Ski the Net with snowHeads on Sat 14-01-12 23:47; edited 3 times in total
latest report
snowcrazy, You spend so much time skiing in La Plagne you must be due a refund on your Les Arcs pass Laughing wink
snow report
Boredsurfing, Don't tell everyone Skullie I like the off piste over on your side just as much as over on our's. Tomorrow will be a Les Arcs day.
ski holidays
Just woke up in 2000 and looked out, yep still very. very white. Got some chorse to do then should be out on slopes by about 10. Can't wait.
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Daily update of conditions as they are right now in Les Arcs/Paradiski and photos of the last few days have just been posted over on the Les Arcs Winter page. Take a look.

'WHAT IT LOOK'S LIKE OUTSIDE: (From ME!)
Still Blue sky and cold again today!!!!. Not a cloud in the sky. Getting harder to find untracked snow, but I think I can!!'

To read more from the pisteurs click on the link below.
ski holidays
Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad

After a nice day taking it easy ( first day etc.) had an unfortunate backwards exit moment that has left me with a very, very painful calf muscle and a day ( at least) off the snow.

So if you see me hobbling around 1950 today, don't tell me how good it is out there OK?

bah.
snow conditions
Arctic Roll, Sad Sad Sad

Therapy at Dr George's highly recommended for this evening. Red and white medicine will help Toofy Grin
snow conditions
Arctic Roll, sympathies Sad

Does anybody know how it works being a pedestrian on the Vallandry lift? Do they slow it down to allow you to get off, or are you expected to be able to arrive & run? I'm thinking of trying this out in a couple of weeks when I'm out, but will be in a leg brace & certainly at the moment my mobility isn't great Confused Or should I just stick to making my curtains...... Evil or Very Mad
snow conditions
A great snow fall forecast from Thursday onwards. 16cm fall on Thursday and 27cm on Friday. Be a nice top up for those flying out on Saturday. Save some for me. Hopefull more will fall just before we leave to give us fresh powder - holiday is now 2weeks on Saturday (airport hotel friday night, so holiday starts on the Friday)! Got all the ski gear out today and semi-packed it in the suitcase. Exciting times. Just need to get rid of the 7day week in work starting tomorrow then is a 3 dayer and a 4dayer and we're flying to France! NehNeh
snow report
Arctic Roll, Sorry to read about that. Avert your eyes now from the next bit sorry.

Stunning day out there. Sun shining but still cold. We did Peisey in the morning to warm up and then over to La Plagne. Got to the top of Roche and it was very, very quiet. Looked at the bubble to the glacier and no queue, yes no queue at 11.30am. Decided to go 1/2 way and get off and try the new black, derochoir(?). That warmed us up plenty. Makes Malgovert look like a pisted blue run.

Did a couple more runs in La Plagne and stopped for lunch at Le Sauget, just above Montchavin. Tragically this has changed hands and has lost its charm. Food was ok but service poor and its just not the same. Back to Les Arcs after lunch and pottered, gave up at 4pm knackered, not bad for 1st day.

Conditiosn great, sunny but cold, very quiet, every single run in Les Arcs and La Plagne is opent.....blah...blah. I am sure you all get the picture. Toofy Grin Toofy Grin NehNeh NehNeh
ski holidays
cheers for update thefatcontroller, When you say 'cold' - what sort of temp are we talking? What we I need clothes wise in a few weeks? In Italy last season, the sun was belting down and most days were t-shirt and jaket. Will we need the thermals, fleeces and coats? Got no probs doing this, but dont want to pack anything I wont need
latest report
thefatcontroller, Ice station up there again eh!
snow report
anyone know if the Air bag is open this season? If so, is it open every day
ski holidays
also, has the ice igloo been made this year. If so, whereabouts is it?
latest report
Boredsurfing, Cold everywhere to be honest. The sun is deceptive, still beats the heat and poo-poo snow of last year
snow conditions
Jon Ford, The air bag is open in La Plagne Very Happy
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy