Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Scottish Snow

Poster: A snowHead
Whitegold wrote:
Sweet pic.

Does anyone have a gutfeel for which station has gotten the most snow overnight?

from: http://www.winterhighland.info/forum/read.php?2,103471,page=66

Quote:
I overnighted in Aviemore and there are knee to thigh deep drifts around the village and about 10-15 inches generally. Pretty blowy as well!
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
anyone have some B&B suggestions for next week ? Very Happy
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
2 days to go..........................

snowHead snowHead snowHead snowHead snowHead snowHead snowHead snowHead snowHead snowHead snowHead snowHead
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
I heard earlier that they were digging out the gondola station at the nevis range, has anyone been up there today? Are the back corries good?
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
milnerhome, Judging by the webcams Nevis is up and running with some limited lifts, doesn't look like enough snow to have buried the gondola station Wink

The back corries are great *WHEN* they are open, and even better when Braveheart is running...
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
It's official (at least according to the ski club), Cairngorm is 4th snowiest resort in the world today:

http://www.skiclub.co.uk/skiclub/snowreports/lastsnowed.aspx?SortLastSnowedBy=Depth

Shocked snowHead Cool
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
milnerhome, limited opening today, wind and vis are bad. I doubt patrol will even be thinking about going in to the back corries until the rest of the hill is sorted out.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
arv, roga, kitenski

Looks like Aviemore got lots.
Glencoe got some.
Nevis, Lecht and Glenshee got the least.
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Driving up tomorrow avo/evening. Probably Nevis or Glencoe Friday then Aviemore Saturday and Sunday. Get in snowHead
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
What are the chances of skiing tomorrow (thursday)? Looks like it's still gonna be pretty manky.

Really wanna go tomorrow cos I'm working at 5 on friday Sad
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Fergus, Nevis should be open Thurs, I'm guessing.

It opened Weds and didn't get as much snow as Cairngorm or Glencoe.
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Does anyone know any cheap but good places to stay 9th and 10th april, 2 adults, need it to be as cheap as possible. Prefer cairngorm butr would go glencoe or nevis range. Cheers
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Ricklovesthepowder, there're numerous bunkhouses and hostels from about £12/night. I found my accommodation at http://www.cairngormshostels.co.uk/
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
she wont stay in a bunkhouse or hostel mate, needs to be a b&b but cheers anyway.
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Ricklovesthepowder wrote:
she wont stay in a bunkhouse or hostel mate, needs to be a b&b but cheers anyway.

Laterooms.com.
snow report
Ricklovesthepowder wrote:
Does anyone know any cheap but good places to stay 9th and 10th april, 2 adults, need it to be as cheap as possible. Prefer cairngorm butr would go glencoe or nevis range. Cheers

crianlarich hotel for Glencoe and ask for the skiers special rate £40 for twin room and breakfast. Highly recommended on winterhighland

http://www.crianlarich-hotel.co.uk/index.php
latest report
Quote:

Posh bird, eh? wink

I've just bought my tinned mince and vacuum packed all-day brekkie...oh yes snowHead
latest report
no but she doesnt drive and will want somewhere "nice and cosy" to stay during the day a bunkhouse will not fit the bill trust me. i have just tried to convince her that i will go on my own and sleep in the car, lets say it didnt go down very well!!! Just had a row and dont think i will be going up now due to costs, im looking at £300 for 1 and a half days skiing, not good!!!
£85 in diesel
£120 hotel 2 nights
£60 Ski Pass
£30 ski hire
+ food and drinks
latest report
Ricklovesthepowder, sounds bad mate Sad

At least it's only £85 in diesel for you: my oil burner will use closer to £140 Sad Sad
ski holidays
snow report
http://www.winterhighland.info/cams/cairngorm-mountain/morlichvideo.php

Aviemore is still getting pelted with snow by the looks of things! snowHead
snow report
cant wait for powder Friday!!!!
snow report
arv, ahem... Shocked ...but accurate ROTFLMAO Laughing
snow conditions
does anyone fancy it and want to share diesel money, i will drive really dont mind, im in manchester so can pick up on the way???
snow report
Ricklovesthepowder, might want to post that on Winterhighland.info too.
ski holidays
When are you heading up Ricklovesthepowder, I'm just over the border in Holmfirth.
ski holidays
milnerhome wrote:
http://www.winterhighland.info/cams/cairngorm-mountain/morlichvideo.php

Aviemore is still getting pelted with snow by the looks of things! snowHead

humped! easily 50cm fell through the day at village level

might need patience though as the diggers work their way up the hill

Spring skiing, ye cannae beat it Shocked Cool
ski holidays
milnerhome wrote:
When are you heading up Ricklovesthepowder, I'm just over the border in Holmfirth.

Friday 9th, leave at 3pm after work. Come and collect you or if you could get to manchester even better, 6 hr drive up, ski saturday all day, then sunday until 2pm, then head home. What do you think??? You up for it???
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
I'd be up for it!
Meant to be going up with friends aswell next week!
Where would you be staying? I'm honestly not bothered aslong as I can re-couperate for hard skiing the next day! Laughing
snow conditions
http://www.cairngormguesthouse.com/index.asp £30 each per night if we were to share a twin room, i dont snore dont worry!!! I am really up for it but need to get the bloody cost down!!! how old are you and do you drive, incase i get tired lol!!!
snow report
Ricklovesthepowder, Just sent you a PM snowHead
latest report
Ricklovesthepowder, have replied on the other thread - best of luck with the accommodation search Smile
snow conditions
A timely comment from Colin (snowsports operations manager and ski patrol no1) just up on the Cairngorm blog:
Quote:
Measured 65cm now out the back garden and it is still snowing. Just read the SAIS report and blog and there is a high risk in many aspects now. After the last high risk period George Reid spoke to me and mentioned about the warning flags they use in Europe, se we have now quite a few on site and will post them near the access points to the areas considered to be high risk, so if you see any yellow and black checked flags around you know what they mean.
Cheers
Colin

Good to read that 'coz the avi risk is probably going to be massive on some aspects for a few days I suspect!

Anyway, on a lighter note 65cm in his back garden - WOW! Shocked Laughing snowHead

Last edited by Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see? on Wed 31-03-10 22:19; edited 1 time in total
snow report
Sounds like a few snowHead s will be up there over the weekend then...Scottish bash Cool
snow report
And just to underline what I said above, just noticed this on Winterhighland from someone who was up with SAIS today:
Quote:
Was up on the SAIS reccé today and we measured 1.75m "fresh" on the east wall of the lady down near the rocky outcrops. Since then - 12.17, it has been snowing heavily. Heading up into the upper ciste area (if possible) tomorrow.

1.75 metres of fresh is worth repeating - JESUS H CHRIST (no offence meant) that's like a bigger WOW than my last one! Shocked Shocked Shocked snowHead
latest report
roga wrote:
A timely comment from Colin (snowsports operations manager and ski patrol no1) just up on the Cairngorm blog:
Quote:
Measured 65cm now out the back garden and it is still snowing. Just read the SAIS report and blog and there is a high risk in many aspects now. After the last high risk period George Reid spoke to me and mentioned about the warning flags they use in Europe, se we have now quite a few on site and will post them near the access points to the areas considered to be high risk, so if you see any yellow and black checked flags around you know what they mean.
Cheers
Colin

Good to read that 'coz the avi risk is probably going to be massive on some aspects for a few days I suspect!

Anyway, on a lighter note 65cm in his back garden - WOW! Shocked Laughing snowHead

Estimates I have seen today range from 60 to 90cm of wet pow at resort level, with fresh drifts of 100 to 200cm up top.

Sounds like conditions will be epic.
ski holidays
arv - Friday @ Nevis Range (green jacket, grey trousers, Whitedots)

(could continue the list if everyone adds on the way down, list your days or something...)
ski holidays
I wa thinking of glenshee, but I've settled on Glencoe, the road is bound to be better.

cant wait until friday morning. leave glasgow at 7.30 and there at 9am. Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
ski holidays
Milnerhome - Saturday and sunday, Caingorm (Hellbents, blue camo coat and dakine pack)
latest report
milnerhome, you need to add to the list Wink

arv - Friday @ Nevis Range (green jacket, grey trousers, Whitedots)
Milnerhome - Saturday and sunday, Caingorm (Hellbents, blue camo coat and dakine pack)
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy