Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

The Arlberg Snow Report 2013/2014 (Post Season 50cm New Snow :-)

Poster: A snowHead

http://youtube.com/v/c-diLUqqovA
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Great film that MM one above - he's a top guy, his horse farm in Flirsch must be one of the nicest places on earth, sits high up above the village looking up the valley towards Patteroil in far distance and opposite Rendlalm, sat and watched the horses last summer when out on mountainbikes and thought fair play, he deserves it.........even more so now, WM 2001 on home snow and now Sochi Olympic gold. Fantastic. Toofy Grin
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Was in KK with 20 friends for my birthday yesterday, free champagne and jaegermeister... all worked out perfectly, cheers Mario from Matt
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Markymark29,

Not any old horses Or farm. Breeds Arabians . Has 2-3 fulltime employees running it. He also has his own
Bus stop right outside. Bushalt "MarioMatt".
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
dulcamara wrote:
Was in KK with 20 friends for my birthday yesterday, free champagne and jaegermeister... all worked out perfectly, cheers Mario from Matt

Lucky b*gger (although you can keep the jaegermeister) Going green
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
dulcamara, ha ha, bet that was awesome atmosphere.........also like the line "Cheers Mario from Matt".

stanton, Yep, fine looking horses, his pad ain't bad either!
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
I have no idea how I managed to miss updates on this thread while being in St Anton last week and checking snowheads quite regularly. It would have been a pleasure to ski with nozawaonsen, dulcamara (we also missed each other in Stubai in November) and Sitter. Sorry guys.

On the plus side, horizon jr has made great progress in skiing offpiste.

snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Beautiful day off weather today, clear blue skies and sunshine Very Happy Almost hoody weather, but just a bit too chilly, especially when the wind picked up at times. Busy in St Anton but headed to Lech where it seemed to be quieter, but we were probably just ahead of the masses doing the White Ring, the rope tow above Zug was almost 20 deep with people trying to get on as we came off the Kriegerhorn. Not sure what Happy Valley was like, gave it a miss and bussed back as my mate was feeling a bit ill and last night's "few quiet beers" started to take their toll.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Changeble weather all this week. Freeze level around 2000M. Looks like Snow on Sunday.

We are still awaiting the mother dump, maybe it will arrive in late April ( not unusual) when all the lifts have shut down & the tourists have gone.
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
But most definitely before I've gone Very Happy
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
stanton wrote:
We are still awaiting the mother dump, maybe it will arrive in late April ( not unusual) when all the lifts have shut down & the tourists have gone.

Easter is late this year so the tourists will be hanging around until the end of Aril won' they? When do the lifts shut at St Anton this year?
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
27th April
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Well I'm sure we all had a nice weekend, here are some birthday pictures to show that it did in fact finally snow! (retro threads and all)

snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
DB,

Most tourists will be gone in April.
Its mainly just British tour companys.
Germans come for the weekends
Folk will come back for the Easter weekend but when its
late there is never the same volume of tourists.

The trend nowdays (with cheap flights) is for
People to go to the beach Instead..
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Can imagine April will be a quiet one. Few places are saying that bookings at the moment are low for April, and that's chalet companies as well as local accom providers, and with Easter being later this year people may be hesitant to book.
snow conditions
I like skiing late in the season, it's quiet, there's often good spring snow and there's a nice relaxed atmosphere around the place. However, big falls of snow are not always welcome in late April... it's too warm, it turns from powder in to porridge by 10am when the sun comes out and you then have to wait a few nights for the freeze cycles to restore "proper" spring snow Sad

Of course if you get a big snowfall and very cold temps then that's great, but it doesn't always work out that way. I doubt I can make a trip at Easter, but I'm not going to rule it out Happy
ski holidays
stanton & anyone else in the know about St Anton.
I was thinking of coming over to see der Weiße Rausch again - is Easter still likely to be booked out?
snow conditions
DB,

You shouldnt have any problem finding a room.
ski holidays
Sonnenkopf am Arlberg. HAHA

http://youtube.com/v/Vf0xVlT9M1g
snow conditions
Ouch!
snow report
Oops!
snow report
Laughing
snow conditions
Folks

Winter will come in for Fasching Week. Next week we can expect low temperatures -10C & SNOW !

Saturday through Wednesday Snow still to early to know how much.
ski holidays
This is why you come to the Arlberg, The Last credits some it up . Stop the Brutal Grooming

FU** U SOUTH - GO NORTH Arlberg 20.02.2014 from moglispears
http://vimeo.com/87306982
ski holidays
Projekt Dias ( Kappl - Rendl Link up)

http://www.tt.com/wirtschaft/wirtschaftspolitik/7817570-91/entscheidungsjahr-f%C3%BCr-liftverbindung.csp

Here are the project details (In German) with lift trajects

https://wwwstatic.tirol.gv.at/t3tiro/uploads/media/Kurzbeschreibung_des_Vorhabens.pdf
snow report
stanton, Do the local businesses want Projekt Dias?

St Anton has no trouble attracting customers, it seems to me Dias will benefit Kappl by giving them a huge ski area, but it could harm St Anton's businesses, people will sty in Kappl (cheaper) and ski the same slopes.

From a skiers point of view this is a terrible idea [that Vimeo video shows why...] but that's been discussed many times before, I'd be interested to find out who actually wants to do this from a commerce point of view?
ski holidays
stanton wrote:
Projekt Dias ( Kappl - Rendl Link up)

http://www.tt.com/wirtschaft/wirtschaftspolitik/7817570-91/entscheidungsjahr-f%C3%BCr-liftverbindung.csp

Here are the project details (In German) with lift trajects

https://wwwstatic.tirol.gv.at/t3tiro/uploads/media/Kurzbeschreibung_des_Vorhabens.pdf

Better late than never, was linked to several pages back...

Kappl prices will no doubt rise once the link is complete, similar situation as with Warth and the Auenfeldjet. People now staying in Warth as a cheaper alternative for skiing Lech (evident by which direction the busier traffic is on that lift at different times of day). Heard the odd comment from locals here about visitors requesting the large linked areas like you get in France, and so that is what they are trying to provide I guess, not just happening here in the Arlberg as there are other areas in Austria (whose names I forget) which have built link lifts.

Regarding a post I made in here a while back about Pettneu having reopened, not been there but I believe the Ski Arlberg lift passes are valid there.
ski holidays
Sitter,

I dont think thats true. This link has been in planning for well over 15yrs.

It is survival link for Kappl ONLY. St Anton does not benefit from it . We have more than enough
terrain to be happy with.

If visitors wanted Frech style autobahn piste link resorts then they would go there. I wish they would Very Happy

In fact St Anton is going to LOOSE two off piste areas Rösfal and Malfontal because
these areas will become skied out superfast and will end up just like HinterRendl. Basically a skied out unofficial ski route.

When the first Pylon goes in it will be a sad day.
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
sah wrote:
stanton, Do the local businesses want Projekt Dias?

St Anton has no trouble attracting customers, it seems to me Dias will benefit Kappl by giving them a huge ski area, but it could harm St Anton's businesses, people will sty in Kappl (cheaper) and ski the same slopes.

From a skiers point of view this is a terrible idea [that Vimeo video shows why...] but that's been discussed many times before, I'd be interested to find out who actually wants to do this from a commerce point of view?

In Public locals say yes but nearly all I know have said they dont want it.

For Kappl to survive they need to be linked to a big ski area, that is the reason.

(There were/are also so called plans talked about to link Kappl to See & See To Serfaus-Fiss-Ladis)

This argument about poeple staying in Warth and skiing St Anton or Kappl (when its built) is a bit far fetched.

If you want cheaper skiiing you may as well stay in Landeck in a cheap room and bus it to St Anton because your be on the St Anton slopes quicker.

Another thing. Since they built the new Rendlbahn it has been subject to frequent closures due to wind ( Same apply this season with the Auenfeldjet) especially this season with the constant southern Fohn. So if Rendlbahn closes so will the new Rosfall Gondola.
ski holidays
stanton wrote:

If visitors wanted Frech style autobahn piste link resorts then they would go there. I wish they would Very Happy

Laughing

stanton wrote:

In fact St Anton is going to LOOSE two off piste areas Rösfal and Malfontal because
these areas will become skied out superfast and will end up just like HinterRendl. Basically a skied out unofficial ski route.

When the first Pylon goes in it will be a sad day.

+1

There were similar talks over here about linking Axamer Lizum and Schlick2000 with a lift over the Kalkögel, though thankfully that seems to have been stopped.
ski holidays
The day Kappl link is approved will be a REALLY sad day, I hope it NEVER happens......Those wild areas like Rossfal must remain wild and the Ischgl folks stay on the other side of the hill.
latest report
New reason to stay Off Piste!

Young British guy killed on Monday hitting a Snow Cannon he wasnt wearing a helmet.
snow conditions
stanton wrote:
New reason to stay Off Piste!

Young British guy killed on Monday hitting a Snow Cannon he wasnt wearing a helmet.

I thought he was killed Sunday, not Monday ( http://www.tt.com/panorama/unfall/7981665-91/gegen-schneekanone-geprallt-skifahrer-starb-in-st.-anton.csp ) and with the last 5 words, you're just as bad as the Daily Mail article on the accident. A helmet would not have made any difference to the poor lad. Word is he died from heart attack/failure, I'm guessing from internal and external injuries from the impact.
ski holidays
Markymark29, no intention to link Ischgl, it's Kappl that's being linked.
ski holidays
Sitter,

Ive been out of town. Just catching up.

A lot of these solid object (trees, barriers etc)incidents (fatalitiea) are body slams not involving the head.

Like i say A Helmet will not help & Off Piste you dont find snow cannons
ski holidays
nozawaonsen wrote:
Markymark29, no intention to link Ischgl, it's Kappl that's being linked.

Kappl is on the Ischgl pass though, right? So if you were in Ischgl you'd just drive or a get a bus for 5 minutes and take the lift up and you'd be in he Arlberg area.

Maybe they'll link Ischgl somehow (underground train maybe), then link Ischgl with Silvretta and Klosters too for good measure. Sad
snow report
Very sad news about the young skier earlier this week. Please be respectful. A debate on helmets is not needed here, there are other threads for that.

Don't be so complacent to assume that skiing off piste is safer just because there are no snow cannons, there are trees, rocks, fences, barriers, avalanches, cliffs etc. Take care where ever you go, the mountains are not always a safe playground, no matter how well you know them.
ski holidays
sah, +1
ski holidays
sah, missed that, what happened?
latest report
There's a real chance that we see a winter after all.
http://www.bergfex.com/stanton-stchristoph/wetter/berg/

.... even in eastern Austria
http://www.bergfex.at/semmering-stuhleck/wetter/berg/
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy